Earning an Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management with International Business (hereinafter – Online Master with International Business) will ready students for the very exciting and dynamic global business environment focused on technology, digitalization, and innovation. GBSB Global’s Online Master with International Business is a comprehensive, ethics-driven program that will prepare students to excel in upper-level management or director roles working across borders and on the worldwide stage.
Our specialized Online Master with International Business includes various intensive studies focused on the innovative, practical application of theory. In addition to advancing students’ understanding of the fundamentals in finance, accounting and economics, you will examine the complexities of international business, import, export, foreign exchange, and international market analysis. Extra importance is placed on leveraging core competencies in a global marketplace. Online discussions focus on how differences in moral and cultural values shape the behaviors and attitudes of employees, managers, and negotiating partners.
GBSB Global employs digital technologies in the classroom and across campus, incorporates innovative teaching methods into our curriculum, as well as case studies, situational analysis, simulation activities and practical workshops that encourage collaboration, ideation, problem-solving, and development.
GBSB Global’s esteemed online faculty are committed to their students' success—most hold the highest degree available in their field of expertise in addition to real-world experience as successful business leaders and owners. Fostering an entrepreneurial mindset, robust leadership skills, and innovative problem-solving processes are the major factors that market graduates to future employers. Our students are often able to secure employment with multinational companies even before graduation.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Ranked as TOP150 Worldwide by QS World University Rankings 2021
Khaled Rayyes Ali, Lebanon
Before joining GBSB Global I was frustrated due to a constant overload, making working and studying simultaneously seem like an impossible task to complete. My dream was to finish my Master studies. After much research, I found GBSB Global Business School’s online study program, appearing as the best model to balance my work and studies.
After successful application and joining, I realized I made the best decision of my life. Not only was I now able to achieve the much needed work-life balance, but to also experience the diversity of the student body, even online without feeling the barriers of distance. Through my Online Master program my confidence and knowledge increased, and I am ready to embrace new roles and responsibilities. I have GBSB Global to thank for my success.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in International Business (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with profuse business experience across the globe
Practical workshops and professional speaking events delivered by experts in business
Study alongside a diverse peer group representing 100+ nations
Businesses are increasingly conducted on a global scale therefore it's important for professionals to build an understanding of international business operations. Our Master with International Business in Malta highlights the different business management practices seen across the world. Modules range from looking at the basic principles of International Business, global entrepreneurship, and operational management, to cross-cultural management, international operations and supply chain, and tackling possible global business challenges.
What better way to learn about international relations and workplace inclusion than in an applied setting? GBSB Global is extremely proud of its truly diverse, all-inclusive international learning environment comprising over 100 nationalities of talented students, experienced faculty, and global partners, giving rise to open-minded global citizens of tomorrow, demonstrating great appreciation for cultural diversity and entrepreneurial initiative, set on launching their career across exciting global locations.
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
International Business and Global Business Challenges (6 ECTS)
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Strategic Marketing (6 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Global Financial Markets and Instruments (6 ECTS)
International Logistics and Transport (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
DEVELOP MANAGERIAL & LEADERSHIP ACUMEN:
Be equipped with the tools to inspire employee retention by leading by example. Learn to foster inclusive teams, able to navigate diverse cultures and acquire colleagues’ and associates’ respect and receptivity by becoming acute to social disparities and traversing them with ease.
FOSTER A GLOBAL MINDSET:
Learn about global markets, foreign and domestic trade, and the numerous legalities and regulations in international business. Our Online Master with International Business faculty comprises successful professionals with real-life work experiences in a range of markets across the globe. Gain insight and wisdom from their expertise and use it to successfully overcome challenges as you excel to the top.
EMPLOY MULTINATIONAL BUSINESS PRACTICES:
Acquire the cultural empathy and understanding needed in business today to be good communicators, able to negotiate and collaborate with a diverse team of stakeholders, investors, employees and other professionals.
MEET THE DEMANDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY:
Understand the obstacles international business leaders face today and be able to craft innovative solutions to accurately meet consumer’s wants and needs. Learn about sustainability in business and how to implement innovative practices to forge real change in the nearest future within your area of expertise.
OBTAIN PRACTICAL CAREER KNOWLEDGE:
Earn your Online Master with International Business and become the frontrunner in effective business negotiations, successfully using real-life case studies, debates, and projects, implementing the acquired knowledge as you embark on your career.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with International Business in Malta will look at the importance of understanding the foreign economic, social, political, cultural, and legal environment, import and export regulations, joint ventures, franchising, subsidiaries, international dynamics of management and leadership.
In addition, a focus will be placed on accessing opportunities, managing risks, increasing ROI for your business or the one you work for. From technology to remote work, explore the factors driving change and the shifts the pandemic has created in international affairs.
Explore possible careers in International Business:
A Policy Analyst is tasked with surveying the effectiveness of current policies and facilitating the framework for new programs and legislation to meet company’s objectives and policy goals.
NEW COUNTRY EXPANSION ANALYST
This individual is responsible for researching new markets, establishing early-stage pilots, scouting locations, and scaling fruitful programs to effectively launch operations in new countries.
FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER
A Foreign Service Officer represents his/her government and aids in promoting peace, supporting prosperity, and safeguarding citizens who are traveling abroad.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE SPECIALIST
Foreign Exchange Specialists help their clients understand and capitalize on foreign currency markets by providing clear insight on exchange rates and variables in global markets.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE SPECIALIST
International Trade Specialists work for investment firms, banks, governments or serve as consultants providing information to clients regarding global business expansion and development opportunities.
An Import/Export Specialist is an expert who prepares, and processes all required documents and permits for shipping purposes, conducting quality inspections of shipments, and maintaining records of all invoices and transactions for the shipment of products to domestic and international locations.
CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Customs Compliance Specialists are responsible for guaranteeing that all imports and exports comply with federal and international regulatory laws whether they are working for a government agency or a private enterprise.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGER
Human Capital Managers recruit, manage, develop, and optimize employees, hiring the right talent to increase their value to the company.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A New Product Development Manager takes the lead on researching, assessing, and coordinating a new product's construction, improving its functionality to better meet user needs.
This professional is responsible for leading, enriching, and expanding the Internationalization of the culture and business development of a company or academic institution through diversification and education.
GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
A Global Account Manager plans sales, deploys sales forces, conducts global sales meetings, and takes on challenging accounts ensuring the attainment of global sales revenue targets.
Careers You Can Achieve with a MIM with International Business
There is a lot to be excited about in the realm of international business today. With the tech and communications sectors leading the charge in regard to growth and development, more and more companies are expanding globally. With this increase comes the demand for skilled talent to fill key positions.
Do you think you have what it takes? Earn your Master with International Business in Malta and be armed with the competencies to take on a career of this caliber. From cultural empathy to inclusivity, you will be equipped with the soft skills needed to work across borders with ease.
What can you expect? Careers can range from becoming an International Business Consultant or a Human Resources Manager to a Foreign Sales Representative. The opportunities are vast, especially for those who are proficient in another language, have strong interpersonal skills, and can manage people with differing backgrounds to inspire teams to succeed.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with International Business, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (20 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
Due at the time of program acceptance
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: