INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL GBSB GLOBAL TRANSFER STUDENTS
GBSB Global is a world renowned international Business School in Europe with study programs in English, offering innovative campuses located in Barcelona and Madrid, in Spain, Birkirkara in Malta, and Online.
Our business school welcomes applications from transfer students seeking to transfer from other business schools, universities and colleges based in Europe or overseas. Transfer students are a vital part of the GBSB Global Business School Barcelona community as we encourage a flow of talent and aim to provide opportunities for networking with peers from different countries of the world and from different backgrounds.
GBSB Global Business School follows the Bologna Process, which facilitates the mobility of students within Europe. Under the Bologna Process and a point system, known as the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), students are able to transfer and study at European universities without the need of interrupting their undergraduate or graduate studies. However, we also have extensive experience in validating transcripts and processing applications from transfer students coming from non-European universities, or universities that do not follow ECTS.
WHO ARE TRANSFER STUDENTS?
A transfer student is any student who has attended another college or university, completed at least one semester at that institution and wishes to transfer to GBSB Global Business School in order to obtain a degree from our school.
STUDY IN BARCELONA
Barcelona is a Mediterranean city and one of the major epicenters of the business life in Spain and Europe. Considered the fifth-best city in Europe for business, Barcelona gathers 50 percent of the Japanese, French, German, Italian, US, and Dutch companies based in Spain. Barcelona located at the sea cost is naturally gifted as being one of the most beautiful beach cities in Spain, Europe and around the world. Many international students are attracted by its multicultural environment and mild climate all year round.
STUDY IN MADRID
Madrid - Spain's central and extremely livable capital with excellent infrastructure and one of the friendliest atmospheres in the world. A city of elegant boulevards, expansive, well-manicured parks and numerous historical landmarks. Spain’s political center and one of the world’s top tourist destinations, Madrid is also considered as one of Europe’s biggest startup hubs. Home to the district of Arganzuela, where creativity and a collection of industries collide, turn the neighborhood into a unique hub for booming startups, creatives, and innovative companies.
STUDY IN MALTA
Malta - the innovation island, steadfastly competing for the title of the leading country in innovative areas, where inspired startups are welcomed, supported and accelerated via various innovative initiatives from established large international and home companies, and the local government. Over the course of its rapid growth, Malta has establish itself as a hub for the IT Services, Financial Services, Remote Gaming, and Tourism sectors. With numerous available economic support measures, Malta is committed to support and re-energize businesses and the Maltese economy, including attracting and heavily supporting international talent.
Earn the same degree online as you would on campus. As a Microsoft Showcase School, GBSB Global utilizes Microsoft Office 365 for Education, to provide total tech support for successful remote collaborations and teamwork at distance. Engage in learning with much greater freedom and mobility - access our online platform 24/7. The courses are led by highly experienced faculty members, with multinational backgrounds and vast expertise across various industry sectors.
TRANSFER TO GBSB GLOBAL
WHERE DO I START?
All undergraduate (Bachelor) programs at GBSB Global Business School are open to transfer students. All programs are taught entirely in English.
In choosing your study program you should rely on the character of your previous university studies as this helps to increase the likelihood that more courses will transfer. If you studied a non-business discipline before, you may also apply as a transfer student, however you should expect that less courses would be transferred.
I HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE. MAY I APPLY AS A TRANSFER STUDENT?
Having pursued a particular Bachelor’s degree you may decide that your career path lies in a different direction. Transferring courses (conversion) can be the ideal way to follow the path you did not get a chance to follow before as an undergraduate student and to facilitate the conversion from your primary area to a business discipline.
Undergraduate Transfer Students
- An applicant should meet the standard first year entry requirements for the program;
- An applicant has studied a recognized EQF/MQF Level 6 (Bachelor) program of study;
- An applicant has studied a foreign university degree from outside the EHEA which is equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6;
- An applicant has passed and achieved not less than 30 ECTS in his/her previous program of study (if less than 30 ECTS are achieved, this is considered a first-year undergraduate student and no credit will be granted);
- Studies had to be conducted not more than 10 years ago;
- An applicant has studied the same or very similar program to that chosen at GBSB Global;
- Credit granted shall not exceed two thirds (120 ECTS) of the overall credit value of the program;
- Only modules for which a mark not less than C (70) or equivalent has been achieved can be transferred.
ELIGIBLE CREDITS EARNED AND GRANTED
Transfer students who present a minimum of 30 ECTS at the time of application may be considered for admission.
Applicants who have earned fewer than 30 ECTS may be admitted as transfer students based on their high school academic record, pending successful completion of their first semester of university coursework.
PROOF OF PROFICIENCY IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
All transfer students are required to submit proof of proficiency in the English language. Transfer students can prove proficiency in English by meeting one of the following conditions before enrolling:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.0;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system*;
- Duolingo result should be higher than 95 points;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
* The student must have studied at least one year in classes taught in English. Taking classes to study the English language is not sufficient.
If your English Language level is not sufficient, you can first join our intensive English Language Preparation course before starting the degree studies.
Fill out the Application Form at the bottom of the page. Wait for the admission officer to contact you in order to provide information on further steps to follow.
Send the scanned copies of all the required documents.
- A copy of your valid passport or EU identity card;
- An official transcript from a previous school, college or university;
- Proof of proficiency in English;
- Recommendation Letter from academic and/or professional sources;
- Digital photo;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Résumé;
- A Letter of Motivation stating your career aspirations and the reasons behind your decision to apply.
- Certified/notarized copies of all relevant degrees, diplomas, and transcripts earned to date (Graduate students only);
- Certified/notarized copy of High School Diploma (Students who have earned less than 30 ECTS only).
TRANSFER STUDENT EVALUATION
The required information is sent to the Head of Admissions for student evaluation:
- Current transcripts;
- Duration of the program;
- Grading system;
- Minimum passing requirement;
- Total number of credits to graduate is;
- Name of their university;
- The intake start date and the program name which they would like to be transferred to.
The relevant business and economics related subjects are transferred. The language courses are not counted. If the student is missing several credits, the general subjects such as sociology, law, etc. can be considered additionally.
Because of the modular format, applications are accepted all year round.
Transfer students may start their studies in October, January and April. Students who are not the citizens of European Union are encouraged to apply earlier in order to allow time for student visa processing.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE MY DEGREE?
The answer to this question begins when you send us a complete transcript of your university studies to date. Academic advising – the applying of the credit you are transferring to your curriculum – is only done by GBSB Global Business School after you have been admitted. When applying, however, prospective transfer students can contact the Admissions Office to get an assessment of how coursework may transfer to GBSB Global Business School. The length of studies depends on the amount of ECTS transferred to the student.
We generally grant credits for any courses that correspond to a course within our curriculum in content and credit value. Once admitted, transfer students can request for Admissions Office to conduct a full evaluation of the transferability of their coursework. This may help students who are still trying to decide whether to accept our business school’s offer of admission. A final coursework evaluation will be conducted and mailed to the enrolling transfer student prior to their official registration.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the admission of transfer students, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.