The Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Digital Business and Innovation) (hereinafter – Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation) is one of the most in-demand degrees today as more and more businesses pivot their operations online. With advancements in technology and the necessity to safeguard businesses from public health mandates, GBSB Global has curated this Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation to prepare students to excel in this exceedingly digitalized and globalized economy. During their studies, students will receive specialized training in a variety of topics including digital operations and strategy development, big data management, online marketing, analytics, entrepreneurial finance and more. Taught by successful professionals, GBSB Global’s international faculty brings real life knowledge and experience into the classroom helping students further understand the current business climate worldwide to better navigate potential challenges.
Lead the charge and become a changemaker earning your Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation. This advanced Master’s degree program delivers a comprehensive education exploring traditional methodologies and operations in addition to the newfound trends shaping business practices today. Students will also gain an overview of the ethical, legal, and strategic considerations of the digital transformation on consumerism and international business management. Learn how organizations are implementing digital technologies, effectively updating their operational practices and existing modeling. Discover the state-of-the-art products and services available on the market. As a Microsoft Showcase School, Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation students will have a competitive advantage traversing many digital tools that will further prepare them for their chosen career.
Using a variety of multimedia teaching methodologies and techniques, students will be obtaining both a theoretical and practical education, further readying students for the real world of digital business operations. By achieving your Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation you will be able to enter a field ripe with opportunities to positively shape the future through innovation, disruption, and creative thinking.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Listed as One of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
"GBSB Global was very well organized. Every professor was a successful professional in his or her field and provided insights into the real-world helping students better navigate challenges. This was a tremendous attribute that differentiated the Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation. I feel really motivated to study new subjects when I can gain wisdom and first-hand advice from individuals that know what they are talking about."
"I loved studying at GBSB Global! I felt right at home, very welcome with such a positive atmosphere. The international faculty had varied backgrounds and specialties and offered mentorship and support. The professors were highly engaging and made classes interesting, both thought provoking and enlightening. My time spent studying at GBSB Global has been really enjoyable."
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Digital Business and Innovation (EQF Level 7)
Faculty from across the globe with unparalleled business insight and experience
Expert speakers and workshops provided by distinguished professionals, entrepreneurs and business owners
Over 100+ nationalities represented by our student body
Digital technologies continue to change businesses rapidly on a daily basis, but how exactly and what are the consequences? GBSB Global has created an Online Master with Digital Business and Innovations program to answer these questions and look deeper at the connection between business and technology in the longrun.
The curriculum encompasses information systems and their application in innovation management, touching up on traditional enterprise resource planning systems as well as chatbots, artificial intelligence and social media. Students will learn how to develop innovative products, and optimize existing services, processes and business models in a business context with the use of new digital technologies.
Become a tech-savvy business professional ready to meet modern business challenges of the current digital age, equipped with extensive academic skills and hands-on experience. Our graduates are highly sought-after by many international companies of various sizes, undergoing a process of digital transformation, requiring skilled talent to support a smooth transition.
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Digital Business Models for the New Economy (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Supply Chains 4.0 for Digital Consumers (6 ECTS)
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Digital Platforms and Ecosystems (6 ECTS)
Web and Mobile Marketing (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP TODAY:
Foster the managerial proficiencies to effectively lead teams with various backgrounds and values. Learn about and become affluent in international negotiations, communications, developing corporate ethics and providing both in-person and digital presentations.
DIGITAL BUSINESS MARKETING TACTICS:
Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the best practices in digital marketing and hone the tools and techniques to become competent in UX and understand how this can influence conversion rates.
DIGITAL BUSINESS BEST PRACTICES:
Identify the most effective strategies and business models used in e-commerce. Explore the latest in mobile platforms and applications available today and how they are impacting operations and revenues.
BUSINESSES MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES IN THE DIGITAL WORLD:
Learn about the disruptive business practices reshaping digital business and the pioneering solutions to our contemporary problems while earning your Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation.
DIGITAL LAW & REGULATORY AFFAIRS:
Explore the legal rights and regulatory constraints that play a part in digital business operations and how they are managed around the globe.
DESIGN THINKING & AGILE METHODOLOGIES:
Foster a growth mindset exploring the advanced methodologies shaping the digital marketplace. Study traditional project management and understand how these practices are changing with new developments.
Learn about the top digital business’ best practices and feel competent in your ability to help pivot a traditional business entity online with the right technologies.
As a Microsoft Showcase School, students are equipped with the latest in digital tools and software to successfully lead teams and navigate the digital transformations taking place today. Gain insight and knowledge from your professors, successful digital professionals and use their real-world insights to best circumvent obstacles and accelerate to the top of your career.
Discover your professional prospects available after you earn your Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation:
Innovation Managers handle strategy creation and invite employees to experiment with various resources that support that investigation. Innovation Managers are highly skilled in project management, tactical thinking, and leadership.
DIGITAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Digital Business Development Manager has the overarching responsibility to oversee the ongoing development and delivery of the corporate digital strategy.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & STRATEGY MANAGER
A Digital Transformation and Strategy Manager cooperates with all marketing, business development, and organizational management teams and uses leadership acumen to foster strategic partnerships.
INTRAPRENEURIAL PROJECT MANAGER
The Intrapreneurial Project Manager works on all aspects of the business including developing and employing business strategies, nurturing recruiter relations, client management, financial administration, quality and performance management, and training and employee development.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A Product Development Manager takes the reins on researching, assessing, and coordinating a new product's production. It's also their responsibility to handle the development and improvement of products and services already on the market, to better meet consumer needs.
The Knowledge Manager is tasked with the promotion and utilization of the company's knowledge assets. They work both internally and externally with the company's investors, stakeholders, and clients.
DIGITAL START-UP FOUNDER
A Digital Start-up Founder ensures that the enterprise can meet its cash obligations and have enough budget in the future to sustain operations and further development. A successful founder takes calculated risks and exploits all opportunities that come their direction.
DIGITAL FIRM AND START-UP FINANCIAL ANALYST
A Digital Firm and Start-Up Financial Analyst’s primary duties are in financial forecasting, data analyzing, reporting, and metric tracking. They also note trends and create financial modeling for leadership review and decisive decision making.
INCUBATOR AND ACCELERATOR MANAGER
Incubator & Accelerator Managers play a pivotal role in how a startup develops in its preliminary days often before going to market. In short, they are responsible for guiding their startups towards sustainability and investment outreach.
Top 7 Careers with an Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation
Digital business is in great demand with many businesses pivoting their traditional modeling online. As these brick-and-mortar companies convert their operating processes, an increase in leadership opportunities will be available for those professionals with the aptitude to effectively lead the transformation.
Discover how you can apply transformational digital technologies to your business. Become tomorrow’s leader today– upgrade your existing processes and implement a digital strategy. Lead the digital transformation and drive innovative solutions to ensure the success of your company’s operations with an Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation. These are some of the most highly sought-after career titles in digital business today.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Digital Business and Innovation, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: