On Wednesday, April 14th 2021, we finished the latest edition of G-Accelerator’s Impact Call 20/21 training program with this year’s long-awaited Demo Day event.
Over the course of 5 months our talented G-Accelerator residents were working hard on growing their unique start-up projects under the supervision of various skilled professionals. Having finished the training program, each resident showcased their innovative business ideas and competed for a chance to win investment funding from Spain's top market leaders.
With investor pitches delivered from a total of 13 projects across the Pre-Seed / Seed and the Early-Stage / Growth-Stage categories, our beneficiaries defended their projects in front of 60+ spectators online, including the voting public and the Juries.
The Experts Committee consisted of:
- Richard Hazenberg, Research Leader in the Institute for Social Innovation and Impact at the University of Northampton
- Jan Lachenmayer, Managing Director at Enpact
- Lourdes Miras, Coordinator of Programa Primer
- Guifré Belloso, Entrepreneurship Advisor at Barcelona Activa
- Elisenda Tarrats, Director of Business and Communication Department U Vic-UCC
- Sergi Grau, Dean of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology UVic-UCC
- Antonio Rodríguez Engelmann, Managing Director GBSB Global Business School Barcelona
- Xavier Arola, G-Accelerator Program Director
Following the project presentations, we also heard from our invited Guest Speakers, namely:
- Simon Lee, CEO Península
- Naked Innovations
- EIT food community
Lastly, the event was closed by the phenomenal Jordi Aguasca, Technologic Transformation and Disruption Unit Director from ACCIÓ, on behalf of our sponsors and strategic partners - START UP CATALUNYA.
We thank each and every of you for taking part in our Demo Day 2021 event, from program participants, invited guests and speakers, to of course our supportive friends and colleagues.
We are extremely proud to witness the progress made by each of our talented beneficiaries over the training period, as they developed extremely interesting, innovative business opportunities and made them come to life. We plan to communicate the winners within each category nominated by the public and the juries very soon – watch this space!