Are you a sports enthusiast with a passion for training and working with athletes? Maybe you already work in sports, but you’d like to earn a career-advancing degree to help you stand out from the crowd, make you viable for a pay raise or promotion, or take your career to the next level. GBSB Global’s Management Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Sports Management) in Malta (hereinafter - Master with Sports Management in Malta) can help give you a competitive edge in the multi-billion-dollar sports industry.
Our Master with Sports Management in Malta focuses on the field of business that pertains specifically to sports and recreation. Sports management is an extensive, diverse arena that employs a variety of professionals skilled in marketing, public relations, law, finance, economics, sales, and other in-demand areas. Learn about finance, facility management, marketing, and event management for sports organizations and teams.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with Sports Management in Malta can help you choose the right career dealing with sports and business that fits your aspirations. Whether you want to be a professional sports agent, an athletic director, a football coach or trainer, or a sports marketing professional, GBSB Global’s Management Master with Sports Management in Malta will provide you with the know-how and proficiencies pertinent to operating a successful sports business.
The comprehensive curriculum will prepare students for all types of sports-related industries, including recreation, social and private organizations, government, amateur, college-level athletics, and professional sports. GBSB Global’s Management Master with Sports Management in Malta will also ready students with the competencies needed to excel in management, administration, and research and development within the field of sports.
At GBSB Global, your success is our success. Benefit from our wide network of connections in the field. With two other campuses located in Barcelona and Madrid, seats of major sports organizations, take advantage of our wide range of professional associations.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Get an optional certificate from the United States Sports Academy
Mostafa Tarek, Egypt
I have always had a passion for football ever since the early childhood and I so I became a professional football player. With years, as I got experience in other fields, I began shifting my career towards marketing in sports management. It was a natural progression.
I chose GBSB Global for the school’s capacity to network with major sports organizations and foster professional relationships. During my Master I was accepted as an organizer of the FIFA World Cup 2018.
GBSB Global was also a great informational resource. The amazing professors and my multi-talented classmates were huge assets. They all mentored me and helped me gain my footing within the industry.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Sports Management (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with a wide variety of experience in Sports Management
Specialized speakers and expert workshops delivered by leaders in the sports industry
100+ nationalities represented by our student body
"As somebody who’s decided to come to Europe for a Sports Management Degree, I absolutely love the program. It’s provided me with a lot of resources including the industrial visit to Camp Nou, a lot of new knowledge and the connections to be able to continue further career in sports management."
GBSB Global’s Master with Sports Management in Malta was developed to help students acquire fundamental business management knowledge alongside specialized skills and practices critical for the success in the sports industry.
Students are taught a combination of essential business management modules and specialized courses in sports management and e-sports. The extensive Master with Sports Management in Malta curriculum covers the basics from principles of cost and accounting, leadership and organizational behavior, and growth management, to sports management and economics, public relations and mass media communication, also tapping into digital innovation for graduates to know how to drive necessary transformations and augment business outcomes. Equipped with a broad knowledge on the dynamics of this market, graduates are prepared for a variety of career opportunities across the international scene.
Students will be assessed on a combination of attendance, participation, individual assignments, group assignments and exams.
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
Sports Business Management and Strategy (6 ECTS)
Global Sports Business and Industry (6 ECTS)
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Talent Development and Management (6 ECTS)
Strategic Marketing (6 ECTS)
Sports Marketing, Promotion, and Event Management (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Acquire skills associated with understating principles of management, legal implications, marketing, ethics, and leadership theory within various sport organizations in our Master with Sports Management in Malta.
SPORTS BUSINESS AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT:
Learn the principles of managing a sports organization and gain a broad overview of the sports business marketplace, including the financial and accounting acumen necessary for overseeing multiple departments within the organization.
Gain an in-depth understanding of sports marketing by examining a sports marketing mix of product, price, place, and promotion as well as marketing research, marketing strategy, market segmentation, branding, sponsorships, licensing venue and event management, global sports marketing, and PR.
INTERNATIONAL SPORTS MANAGEMENT:
Foster the ability to work across borders and with a diverse network of individuals by honing your cultural empathy, understanding, and communication skills. These competencies will help you seamlessly work with professionals from around the globe.
SPORTS EVENT MANAGEMENT:
Specialize your Master with Sports Management in Malta by experiencing another facet of sports management. Learn about event planning within the corporate, nonprofit, and hospitality industry; sports and entertainment marketing; tournament management; concert and event production; and more.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with Sports Management in Malta focuses on the business attributes of sports, the planning, organizing, managing, and budgeting facets of a department or organization whose main purpose is related to sports or physical fitness activities. Sports management professionals oversee the behind-the-scenes operations, including finance, marketing, leadership, facility management, and event management that make an organization function successfully.
Sports management is applicable to various aspects of sports, including municipal recreation, private organizations, collective associations, government athletic activities, amateur sport, college-level athletics, or professional sports.
What careers can you get within Sports Management? Below are just a few common examples:
ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Athlete Development Specialists concentrate on generating opportunities for athletes to excel in their sport while maneuvering the challenges and concerns many ambitious elite or professional athletes confront throughout their careers and after.
The task of an Athletic Director is to manage all aspects of a school’s athletic program which include the hiring of staff and coaches, ordering equipment and uniforms for teams, and the promotion of events, matches, and tournaments.
Contract Administrators develop, negotiate, and evaluate company contracts on behalf of an enterprise for legal purposes and maintain all parties are complicit within the bounds of the contract.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATION MANAGER
Contract Negotiation Managers are responsible for dictating every facet of a project from studying and approving contract terms to coordinating deadlines, approving budgets, bargaining, and more.
Event Coordinators manage an event from conception to realization; these individuals meet with clients to outline event details, from scouting and booking locations to arranging the catering, entertainment, staff, and cleanup.
The Facilities Manager's duties will fluctuate depending on the kind of the business but generally involve maintaining the buildings and grounds of an organization, supervising the preservation of equipment and supplies, coordinating repairs or renovation projects, and scheduling safety inspections.
Sports Agents act as business managers for athletes and represent them in contract negotiations, public relations, endorsements, and help manage their finances.
SPORTS MARKETING MANAGER
The job of a Sports Marketing Manager entails promoting sports brands, such as a team or a league by developing a marketing plan in line with their financial goals.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with Sports Management in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: