Society is adapting to the digital world at lightning speed recognizing the future of education will evolve from more traditional forms. While online education was present before the coronavirus spread across the globe, it has forced educational institutions to rethink the way in which they connect to students and transfer knowledge across platforms rather than in person classrooms.
Those facilities with the means in place, i.e. technological services and teams, have had an upper hand to those that had to improvise along the way. GBSB Global launched its online degree programs in 2017 understanding the greater need of students today to have flexibility and accessibility to reputable institutions while balancing their daily affairs, be that work, travel or familiar demands.
The future of education is challenging tradition beckoning the question if students actually need the two/three/four-year residential, on-campus experience?
The answer is really subjective, but in light of the health concerns about meeting in large groups, the world is adapting to the online classroom in mass. The new normal will redefine how we relate socially. GBSB Global’s school body represents 85+ nationalities and brings a new perspective on what it means to be socially connected but physically apart. Our diversity on-campus and online is one of our biggest attributes that students time and time again attest is among the biggest asset that graduates attain, a network of professional contacts across the globe.
As the first Microsoft School in Spain, GBSB Global’s IT department has made it possible for students to integrate into the online classroom with little to no stress. With lectures, discussion boards and one-to-one professor office hours available to students, the future of education has some major advantages. Many of the onsite costs have been minimized which have in turn freed up resources to commit to research-based teaching that is more innovative and applicable to the times that we are living in today. At GBSB Global with our commitment to small class sizes, students learn trouble shooting and digital problem-solving skills, how to lead teams and collaborate remotely, participate in professional meetings and gain personalized mentorship from our staff of international professors and faculty.
Here are the top five reasons learning online is the future of education:
- Flexibility | Anytime. Anywhere. Students can study at their own rate within the parameters of the course itself. This gives students the ability to balance their studies with their professional responsibilities, travel, and demands at home. As the world slowly starts to reopen, individuals will be looking to advance their skill sets, juggle their families and get back to work. Earning an advanced degree will help students get ahead of the competition while still being able to show up for the other activities that are important.
- Possibilities | In the digital age in which we live, every class found in a catalog of a traditional institution is now online. An added benefit is that a course on digital business for example is held on the medium students will be working on in the field, the internet. In subject areas, like marketing, communications, finance, business and innovation, having courses online set the precedent that will help graduates better navigate the industry.
- Accessibility | Everyone today is digitally connected on social media, why should school be any different? Taking the future of education online provides students with better access to resources, research, and communication tools. Have a question? Studying at GBSB Global, a private business institution with small class sizes as compared to state and/or public universities, professors know students’ name and work to answer students’ questions as they arise.
- Customized Learning Experience | Students can adapt their education to meet their needs. While flexibility and accessibility play a big part of this, the student really has the reigns to their education. With learning materials literally at their fingertips from eBooks and case studies to online discussion boards and a student body that canvases the globe, students can be as engaged as they would like to be with their peers, the coursework and their professors. Students can graduate with a job lined up and a network of business associates at the helm to help them in their professional pursuits.
- Cost | Students can learn from the comfort of their living rooms with a library of resources just a click away. There is no commute, no expensive books to buy in most cases and no onsite housing to budget for. Do your research. Most online programs come at a lower price tag than traditional institutions, but don’t fret that quality is compromised. The monetary investment may be less, but the results are often better than the other option.
These are just a few reasons 85 percent of students today think that online learning is the same if not better than the traditional modalities (statistics taken from Purdue University and National Center for Education Statistics).
More than 6 million students were reported in May 2020 to be online as a part of their higher education program. Join their ranks. Enroll in one of GBSB Global’s online degree programs and experience what the hype is all about. Be a part of the movement - define the new era in the future of education.
Contact Admissions for more information on Online Education at GBSB Global Business School