The Master in Entrepreneurship is an advanced graduate degree that provides students with the tools to acquire the skills and competencies needed for successful entrepreneurship careers in a dynamic global business environment. It is an exciting program designed to equip students with a specialist understanding of the field of entrepreneurial management.
The Master in Entrepreneurship is not simply a set of different management disciplines but it based on promoting creativity and entrepreneurship skills. Students benefit from close links of GBSB Global Business School with industry through industrial visits and interaction with professors – experienced entrepreneurs themselves.
Entrepreneurial skills have never been more important than they are in today’s dynamic world. Companies in Spain, in Europe and everywhere in the world need entrepreneurial managers to perform the different tasks in the global business environment, they need people who are able to anticipate, stimulate and manage change: this is what Master in Entrepreneurship program is about.
The Master in Entrepreneurship from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona prepares you to be a successful entrepreneur in a global context whether it be starting your own business or developing an entrepreneurial project within an existing organization.
MSc - Master in Entrepreneurship awarded by GBSB Global Business School
Intakes: October, January and April
Full-time program: Monday to Friday - Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Intakes 2017: Maximum of 30 students per class
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course prior to your Master in Entrepreneurship degree program
Language learning: All MSc Entrepreneurship students can take a yearlong Spanish course through the MSc program. You can join the beginners, intermediate or advanced group depending on your current knowledge
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB throughout the academic year
Professional internship (optional): 3 to 6 months worldwide
Admissions requirements: MSc in Entrepreneurship programs are primarily intended for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Economics.
However, students with other academic backgrounds or significant work experience, proficiency in English are still welcome to apply to these programs
Application deadline: Due to the modular format, applications to the Master in Entrepreneurship are accepted all year round, however, because we have a student-centered learning approach, the number of seats per intake is limited. We recommend to apply in advance
The Master in Entrepreneurship degree program from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of full-time studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits. For detailed course requirements, please refer to the outline of the Master in Entrepreneurship curriculum.
The curriculum of the Master in Entrepreneurship is structured in order to provide students with fundamental knowledge in all aspects of entrepreneurial management from the discovery of entrepreneurial opportunities to taking a business global through internationalization strategies. The courses on the program are divided into the following categories:
- Essential Entrepreneurial Competencies: Entrepreneurial competencies refer to the sum of the entrepreneur’s attributes for successful and sustainable entrepreneurship. These attributes include leadership, abilities to negotiate and communicate as well as responsibilities towards society and environment.
- Marketing Management: Sales and marketing are the most important skills an entrepreneur must have when planning to start a business. A business is nothing if it has no customers. The students on the Master in Entrepreneurship program learn how to reach the people who may need the products or services by understanding the fundamentals of marketing, sales management, and the ways of using innovative marketing communications.
- Finance for Entrepreneurs: Understanding business finance is a must for entrepreneurs who want to start a business, be successful and grow big. The courses in finance will help future entrepreneurs make better investment and financing decisions in entrepreneurial settings.
- Starting a Business: MSc Entrepreneurship students at this stage of the program learn about the psychological processes specific to creativity in new product development and how to pitch ideas and open innovation. When all the ideas are systemized, students learn how to manage projects and start with a business plan design.
- Taking a Business Global: The world is becoming smaller, with new technologies allowing people to make connections with everybody from anywhere in the world. Students learn how to take advantage of the tools that we have today and how to take a business global through adaption of integral global strategies. Students can study the geographic markets of interest by participating in our global regions courses which represent the application of a common set of strategic management principles across most world markets: Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, Russia and CIS.
- Elective Courses: Elective courses are included in the curriculum of the Master in Entrepreneurship program to provide an opportunity for each student to explore areas of interest that are not included in the core entrepreneurial management curriculum.
Why Study at GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona?
Innovative Business Education Approach: The curriculum empowers students in their learning of global business issues and discovering opportunities in the global business environment.
International Focus: Of particular benefit to students and their future employers is the strong international focus of our Master in Entrepreneurship degree program. This comes not only from the global-conscious course offerings, but from interaction with fellow students. Students come not only from Barcelona, Spain or Europe, but from most regions of the world.
Study in Barcelona: Barcelona is a particularly entrepreneurial city. Its nice Mediterranean climate, multicultural environment and stable economy attract ambitious entrepreneurs not only from Spain but from many European and non-European countries.
The capacity for entrepreneurial initiatives, talent and creativity of entrepreneurs in Barcelona are constantly rewarded by local governmental organizations which promote entrepreneurship as means for developing local economy and attracting foreign investment into the region.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our Master in Entrepreneurship degree program, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students wishing to participate in the Master in Entrepreneurship degree program, please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master in Entrepreneurship Degree Program, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.
Please click the following button to download the Master in Entrepreneurship brochure: