Tourism is by far the largest economic contributor to the hospitality industry, and among the biggest industries in the world. Tourism and hospitality is one of the fastest growing sectors in many emerging and developing markets. Globalization and new technologies have created new touristic opportunities for consumers, but also caused global competition among providers and tourist destinations. Master in Tourism Management in Barcelona offers advanced insights into the tourist industry and provides students with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and interests within the field of tourism in one of the most exiting touristic destinations in Spain and in Europe – Barcelona!
The substantial part of the program focuses on developing employability and career skills. The students of Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management benefit from the large variety of internship opportunities in tourism and hospitality industry in Barcelona. Ever since Barcelona hosted the Olympic Games in 1992, the city has experienced a steady growth in tourist numbers. Today, Barcelona is one of the most visited cities in Europe and in the world. Barcelona offers fantastic hotel infrastructure, highly developed tourism services and a ton of programs and events to promote the city as a tourist destination.
Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management applies broad perspectives on tourism by combing various approaches to global tourism companies, sustainable tourism, marketing of destinations, and emerging issues in international tourism.
Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management awarded by GBSB Global Business School
Intakes: October, January and April
Full Time: 3-5 days per week
Duration: 1 academic year. Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course prior to your Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management degree program
Language learning: Yearlong Spanish language course is offered at beginner, intermediate and advanced level for an additional fee
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB in February of each year
Professional internship (optional): Full time or part time internships up to 6 months with potential of internship contract prolongation
Admissions requirements: Bachelor or an equivalent degree or significant work experience, proficiency in English
Application deadline: We accept applications to the Master in Tourism and Hospitality all year round but class availability is limited so apply in advance
Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management Program Design
The Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management degree program from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of full-time studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits.
- Core Competencies of Global Managers: As the global competition intensifies, managers will be more and more jugged upon their ability to identify, cultivate and exploit distinctive competencies that may possible the growth of the firm. The participants of Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management have an opportunity to acquire hard and soft skills needed for successful development of their careers as global managers in tourism industry.
- Core Courses in Tourism and Hospitality Management: Considering a global perspective of studies at GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona, Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management incorporates a strong focus on international tourism management and global issues surrounding it. Thus, in the center of the program are such aspects as sustainable tourism development or emerging issues in international tourism. As a result, students acquire an understanding of the overall state of tourism and hospitality industry in the world and can critically look for sustainable long-term solutions while managing tourism-related operations.
- Career Development: GBSB Global Business School emphasizes a focus on employability. Career development is an essential part of all our degree programs. Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management features career-related communication workshops which will help students with their job search, career orientation, interview and CV preparation as well as improvement of their communication skills. People Management and Leadership module will enhance their capability of working in multicultural teams and will provide students with essential human resources management skills.
- Research Project: Written research projects are an integral part of Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management. The research project is a core element of the program of study. In particular it provides the students with the opportunity to conduct their own original research. Typically 15,000 to 20,000 words in length, the research project (dissertation) represents a significant body of work which can allow students to concentrate on specific area of interest.
The Structure of Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management
|Core Competencies of Global Managers||Core Courses in Tourism and Hospitality Management||Career Development|
|Global Marketing||International Tourism and Hospitality Management||Career-related Communication Workshops|
|The Ethical Dimension of Sustainable Business||Sustainable Tourism Development||People Management – Leadership|
|Management and International Negotiations||Marketing of Destinations and Experiential Marketing|
|Financial Strategies for Business Development||Emerging Issues in International Tourism|
|Understanding International Macroeconomy||Operations and Touristic Facilities Management|
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management degree program, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students, wishing to participate in the Master in Tourism Management and Hospitality Management degree program, please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management Degree Program, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher OR have a minimum of three years of working experience
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.
Please click the following button to download the Master in Tourism and Hospitality Management brochure: