With an emphasis on the application of marketing concepts, tools and techniques in real world business setting, the Master in Marketing Management degree program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to acquire knowledge in various areas within the field of marketing and develop strategic thinking and business leadership skills.
Nowadays more than ever, organizations in Spain, in Europe and around the world require leaders who understand the strategic marketing issues that directly impact the corporate performance. MSc Marketing degree prepares future managers to take a central role in helping resolve the marketing issues on a global scale.
The Master in Marketing Management from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona focuses on developing students’ abilities to analyze and evaluate a rapidly changing global business environment, to plan accordingly and to implement innovative marketing solutions.
MSc Marketing graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills needed for a successful career in Marketing Management in a global context.
- Analyze the international business environment to produce effective, customer-oriented marketing solutions for different types of organizations.
- Develop their managerial competencies through teamwork, leadership, and communication analysis.
Master in Marketing awarded by GBSB Global Business School
Intakes: October, January and April
Full-time program: Monday to Friday - Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Intakes 2017: Maximum of 30 students per class
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course prior to your Master in Marketing degree program
Language learning: All MSc Marketing students can take a yearlong Spanish course through the MSc program. You can join the beginners, intermediate or advanced group depending on your current knowledge
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB throughout the academic year
Professional internship (optional): 3 to 6 months worldwide
Admissions requirements: MSc in Marketing programs are primarily intended for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Economics.
However, students with other academic backgrounds or significant work experience, proficiency in English are still welcome to apply to these programs
Application deadline: Due to the modular format, applications to the Master in Marketing are accepted all year round, however, because we have a student-centered learning approach, the number of seats per intake is limited. We recommend to apply in advance
MSc - Master in Marketing Management degree program from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of full-time studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits. For detailed course requirements, please refer to the outline of the MSc Marketing curriculum.
The Master in Marketing Management is structured around four blocks of marketing management and managerial competencies courses that provide students with a comprehensive business education in core global marketing concepts.
- Understanding the Global Marketing Environment: Students analyze the nature of global business environment and understand why it is important to marketers. They learn how economic environment affects marketing and how political and legal factors offer opportunities and threats to marketers.
- Core Courses in Global Marketing Management: These courses enable students to learn what is entailed in developing and managing a marketing program for any organization. Students approach marketing issues through case studies and learn how decisions concerning product selection, marketing communications, brand management, and sales affect the success of a marketing strategy.
- Managerial Competencies for Global Leaders: The successful management of future challenges requires future business leaders to not only possess high professional qualifications but also a certain personality traits. The courses provide instructions on presentation techniques, ethics, leadership, and international negotiation techniques.
- Elective Courses: Elective courses are included in the curriculum of the Master in Marketing Management program to provide an opportunity for each student to explore areas of interest that are not included in the core marketing management curriculum. Students can study the geographic markets of interest by participating in our global regions courses which represent the application of a common set of strategic management principles across most world markets: Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, Russia and CIS.
How Will the Master in Marketing Management Degree Benefit You?
Career Impact: Looking beyond the nearest future, a masters degree from an international business school is a long-term investment. MSc Marketing prepares students for careers as business managers in the field of marketing. Obtaining a masters degree in marketing from GBSB Global Business School helps our graduates stand out and take on leadership roles in marketing management, advertising, public relations, sales management, and new product development.
Small classes with real world projects: Case studies and group class projects allow students to apply the concepts, tools and techniques they learn from textbooks and in the classroom.
International Focus: Of particular benefit to students and their future employers is the strong international focus of our Master in Marketing Management degree program. This comes not only from the global-conscious course offerings, but from interaction with fellow students. Students come not only from Barcelona, Spain or Europe, but from most regions of the world.
Gaining a Global Perspective: All courses offered on our Master in Marketing Management program include global business perspective. You will learn how to identify, analyze, and practice the best ways to manage when faced with economic, political and cultural differences across Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and other regions of the world.
Study in Barcelona: Over the last decade the Mediterranean city of Barcelona has fully utilized its potential as the gateway between Spain and the rest of Western Europe. 50 percent of foreign companies in Spain are based in Barcelona. Barcelona has a strong background in manufacturing based on textiles (Mango has its headquarters here) and the automobile industry – Nissan and Seat have vehicle production plants in Barcelona.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our MSc Marketing degree program, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students, wishing to participate in the Master in Marketing Management degree program, please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master in Marketing Degree Program, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.
Please click the following button to download the Master in Marketing brochure: