Full time - 12 months
Part time - 24 months
Face-to-face | Online
(MALTA RESIDENTS €8,750)
Investing in a Master of Science (MSc) in Management with International Business in Malta (hereinafter – Master with International Business in Malta) will prepare students for the dynamic nature of global business today. The Master with International Business in Malta offered by GBSB Global endows students with the competencies to succeed in diverse settings around the world. Graduates are empowered to think differently, act considerately and traverse a backdrop of continuous change. This program is a steppingstone into a world in motion.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with International Business in Malta is taught by highly esteemed faculty that hail from different regions around the globe. These real-world professionals and leaders in industry are experts in the fields of global commerce, international marketing, cross-cultural management, consultancy, negotiations, and more.
Building on a strong foundation of core business skills, students will gain the tools needed to analyze the cultural, economic, and political forces that shape global business world. Through hands-on workshops and presentations provided by domestic and international companies, students will build leadership skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of the global marketplace. These practical experiences and workshops will look at design thinking, growth management, innovation, and the impact of tech on business and what the future holds in store.
Join the Master with International Business in Malta to also develop an in-depth, working knowledge of the best international business practices and an overview of the core areas that impact international affairs, including geopolitics, law, and economics.
Higher Education Program: Master of Science (MSc) in Management (International Business)
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (License number: 2020-012).
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning.
Number of ECTS Credits: 90 ECTS
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Ranked as TOP150 Worldwide by QS World University Rankings 2021
At GBSB Global we take pride in our diverse and dynamic student body representing over 100 nationalities globally. A tight-knit group, our students are the fabric of our institution and their openness to connect and engage with one another on both a professional and personal level fosters a colorful, multicultural entity and inclusive identity within our school, where everyone feels welcome. In an age where this is being highly popularized, GBSB Global has always had a history of working across borders and drawing students from around the world to the classroom. This is one of the biggest draws students report.
Not only does GBSB Global provide a study abroad experience, but also the culture within the institution itself promotes peer-to-peer learning and feeling of belonging that lasts long after graduation. Learn not only from the professors but also from the insights and experiences of your classmates. The time is now to invest in a career that will offer intrigue, opportunity, and challenge.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in International Business (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with profuse business experience across the globe
Practical workshops and professional speaking events delivered by experts in business
Study alongside a diverse peer group representing 100+ nations
Businesses are increasingly conducted on a global scale therefore it's important for professionals to build an understanding of international business operations. Our Master with International Business in Malta highlights the different business management practices seen across the world. Modules range from looking at the basic principles of International Business, global entrepreneurship, and operational management, to cross-cultural management, international operations and supply chain, and tackling possible global business challenges.
What better way to learn about international relations and workplace inclusion than in an applied setting? GBSB Global is extremely proud of its truly diverse, all-inclusive international learning environment comprising over 100 nationalities of talented students, experienced faculty, and global partners, giving rise to open-minded global citizens of tomorrow, demonstrating great appreciation for cultural diversity and entrepreneurial initiative, set on launching their career across exciting global locations.
Promote Greater Inclusion and Teamwork Efficiency in an International Organization
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Diversity Management and Global Workplace Inclusion (6 ECTS)
- Organizational Behavior
- The Concept of Workplace Motivation and Satisfaction
- The Dynamics of Group Performance
- Relationship Between Power, Politics, Conflict
- The Organizational Culture and Its Relation to Workplace
- Diversity Across Cultures
- The Strategies for Addressing Race, Religion, and Ethnicity Diversity and Inclusion
- Gender Diversity in the Workplace
- The Benefits of Inclusion of People with Special Needs
- The Concept of Work-life Balance (WLB)
- Current Issues in D&I Worldwide
Improve and Monitor Operational and Economic Performance of an International Business
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Comprehend Global Business Challenges and Expand Internationally
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
International Business and Global Business Challenges (6 ECTS)
- Principles of Behavioral Economics
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Causes of Globalization
- The Main Concepts Related to the Global Business Environment
- Political and Legal Systems
- Global Integration Policies
- Emerging Markets
- Global Factors of International Business
Identify Areas for Strategic Development and Define Business Objectives
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Strategic Marketing (6 ECTS)
- Strategic Management, Planning and Structure
- Strategic Approaches to Analyzing the Position of an Organization
- Data and Strategy
- Organizational and Business Level Context of Marketing Strategy
- External and Internal Environment Factors
- The Marketing Mix
- The Mission Statement, Corporate Objectives and Functional Areas of an Organization
Gain a Competitive Advantage in a Global Arena Through Innovation and Digitalization
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
- Digital Economy and Its New Driving Forces
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Drucker’s 7 Sources of Innovation, Open Innovation
- Strategic Approaches to Managing Innovation
- Disruption Theory
- Digital Transformation Journey
Explore Global Financial Markets and International Trade Issues
Global Financial Markets and Instruments (6 ECTS)
International Logistics and Transport (6 ECTS)
- Performance of Global Financial Markets in Different Economic and Political Contexts
- The Role of Capital Markets in Economic Growth
- Global Fixed-Income Markets
- Global Equity Markets
- Derivatives & Risk Management
- Sourcing Funding from the Capital Markets
- Modern Distribution Systems
- Modes of Transport in a Modern Society
- Innovations in Air and Maritime Transport
- Modal, Intermodal, and Multimodal Transport
- Contemporary Issues Facing Carrier Management
- Regulatory Frameworks for Different Transport Modes
- Freight Cost and Pricing
- Third-Party Logistics
- Trade and Customs Procedures
Investigate an International Business Issue and Present Your Findings in a Comprehensive Final Project
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
GAIN SPECIALIZED SKILLS:
Develop the skills and competencies to be a leader in business through business modeling, negotiation, research, analysis, and problem solving.
DEVELOP A GLOBIZED OUTLOOK:
Learn how to navigate global markets, international trade regulations, and the ever-changing legal arena.
FOSTER CULTURAL AWARENESS AND IMPLEMENT BEST BUSINESS PRACTICES:
Foster the empathy needed in international business management to effectually communicate and cooperate across borders and in international settings.
RISE TO CHALLENGES PRESENTED BY THE 21ST CENTURY:
Connect with business professionals promoting sustainability and ethical business practices within the sphere of international business management and make an impact on society and the environment.
INVEST IN CAREER PLANNING:
Earn your Master with International Business in Malta and feel competent in strategizing and negotiating effectively employing these tools: case studies, debates, and hands-on projects that simulate situations and obstacles managers face in the real world.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with International Business in Malta will look at the importance of understanding the foreign economic, social, political, cultural, and legal environment, import and export regulations, joint ventures, franchising, subsidiaries, international dynamics of management and leadership.
In addition, a focus will be placed on accessing opportunities, managing risks, increasing ROI for your business or the one you work for. From technology to remote work, explore the factors driving change and the shifts the pandemic has created in international affairs.
Explore possible careers in International Business:
A Policy Analyst is tasked with surveying the effectiveness of current policies and facilitating the framework for new programs and legislation to meet company’s objectives and policy goals.
NEW COUNTRY EXPANSION ANALYST
This individual is responsible for researching new markets, establishing early-stage pilots, scouting locations, and scaling fruitful programs to effectively launch operations in new countries.
FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER
A Foreign Service Officer represents his/her government and aids in promoting peace, supporting prosperity, and safeguarding citizens who are traveling abroad.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE SPECIALIST
Foreign Exchange Specialists help their clients understand and capitalize on foreign currency markets by providing clear insight on exchange rates and variables in global markets.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE SPECIALIST
International Trade Specialists work for investment firms, banks, governments or serve as consultants providing information to clients regarding global business expansion and development opportunities.
An Import/Export Specialist is an expert who prepares, and processes all required documents and permits for shipping purposes, conducting quality inspections of shipments, and maintaining records of all invoices and transactions for the shipment of products to domestic and international locations.
CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Customs Compliance Specialists are responsible for guaranteeing that all imports and exports comply with federal and international regulatory laws whether they are working for a government agency or a private enterprise.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGER
Human Capital Managers recruit, manage, develop, and optimize employees, hiring the right talent to increase their value to the company.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A New Product Development Manager takes the lead on researching, assessing, and coordinating a new product's construction, improving its functionality to better meet user needs.
This professional is responsible for leading, enriching, and expanding the Internationalization of the culture and business development of a company or academic institution through diversification and education.
GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
A Global Account Manager plans sales, deploys sales forces, conducts global sales meetings, and takes on challenging accounts ensuring the attainment of global sales revenue targets.
Careers You Can Achieve with a MIM with International Business
There is a lot to be excited about in the realm of international business today. With the tech and communications sectors leading the charge in regard to growth and development, more and more companies are expanding globally. With this increase comes the demand for skilled talent to fill key positions.
Do you think you have what it takes? Earn your Master with International Business in Malta and be armed with the competencies to take on a career of this caliber. From cultural empathy to inclusivity, you will be equipped with the soft skills needed to work across borders with ease.
What can you expect? Careers can range from becoming an International Business Consultant or a Human Resources Manager to a Foreign Sales Representative. The opportunities are vast, especially for those who are proficient in another language, have strong interpersonal skills, and can manage people with differing backgrounds to inspire teams to succeed.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with International Business in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (90 ECTS Credits)
13,490 EUR (Malta Residents: 8,750 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: