Earning your Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Digital Business and Innovation) in Malta (hereinafter - Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta) will prepare students for the very exciting, fast paced business environment focused on digital marketing strategies. GBSB Global Business School’s Management Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta was crafted to help students adapt to today’s professional parameters defining the workplace by building a bridge between business and technology. Students will learn how to foster innovative solutions and create products, services, and business models that utilize the latest in digital technologies.
The unprecedented advancements in technology are impacting every business and industry, from startups to tenured corporations. The digital landscape and economy are ever-changing. Companies are left with a choice of taking the leap and adapting their technologies and systems or become obsolete. Hence why businesses are in the highest ever demand for professionals with digital proficiencies, able to navigate this dynamic field to generate positive outcomes.
Over the course of the Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta, students will gain an in-depth knowledge of the latest digital tools, strategies and trends in technology, simultaneously acquiring the management and business acumen, required to effectively put the tools and theoretical knowledge to practical use.
When studying for their Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta, students will enter an academic environment led by a multinational faculty of leaders within their industries, that offer insight, experience, resources and connections of unparalleled value. With a student body representing over 100+ nationalities, these individuals from different backgrounds and professions, are not only your peers but a source of knowledge, inspiration and community. Broadening their understanding and perspective, students will also improve their communication and foster a cultural intelligence to easily integrate into digital environments that span the map.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
GBSB Global listed among the Best Business Schools by Forbes
GBSB Global has expanded to open its third physical campus on the Mediterranean Island of Malta!
Home to many international conferences from Artificial Intelligence to Digital Technologies, students have an array of business opportunities, to network and partner with some of the world’s most influential companies and organizations in gaming, blockchain and digital banking industries. The digital Startup scene is also a vibrant asset that the country continues to invest in.
GBSB Global’s Malta campus is equipped with all of the tools and technologies for effective digital and in-person learning focused on innovation and advanced learning methodologies.
Set your career on the right path and let the journey begin by earning your Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Digital Business and Innovation (EQF Level 7)
Faculty from across the globe with unparalleled business insight and experience
Expert speakers and workshops provided by distinguished professionals, entrepreneurs and business owners
Over 100+ nationalities represented by our student body
Digital technologies continue to change businesses rapidly on a daily basis, but how exactly and what are the consequences? GBSB Global has created a Master with Digital Business and Innovations in Malta program to answer these questions and look deeper at the connection between business and technology in the longrun.
The curriculum encompasses information systems and their application in innovation management, touching up on traditional enterprise resource planning systems as well as chatbots, artificial intelligence and social media. Students will learn how to develop innovative products, and optimize existing services, processes and business models in a business context with the use of new digital technologies.
Become a tech-savvy business professional ready to meet modern business challenges of the current digital age, equipped with extensive academic skills and hands-on experience. Our graduates are highly sought-after by many international companies of various sizes, undergoing a process of digital transformation, requiring skilled talent to support a smooth transition.
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Digital Business Models for the New Economy (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Supply Chains 4.0 for Digital Consumers (6 ECTS)
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Digital Platforms and Ecosystems (6 ECTS)
Web and Mobile Marketing (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES OF GLOBAL LEADERSHIP:
Foster the will and efficacy in international negotiations, communications, leading corporate ethics and in-person and digital presentations.
MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR DIGITAL BUSINESS:
Gain an in-depth understanding of the foundational practices in digital marketing and the tools and techniques regarding UX and its implications on swaying conversion rates.
DIGITAL BUSINESS PROCEDURAL STRATEGIES:
Discern the various business models used in e-commerce and the mobile platforms they run on to effectively apply your learning to real world markets.
BEST DIGITAL BUSINESSES MANAGEMENT PRACTICES:
Uncover the disruptive business practices reshaping the realm of digital business management today while earning your Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta.
DIGITAL LAW & REGULATORY SYSTEMS:
Study the legal rights and regulatory restrictions that impact digital business operations and how they function.
DESIGN THINKING & THE AGILE MINDSET:
Foster an innovative approach and understanding of the methodologies transforming the landscape of business marketplace. Explore traditional project management and how practices are shifting with the times.
Learn leadership, communication and negotiation best practices, and be ready with the business competencies to effectively work with a traditional business and seamlessly establish their online presence and operations.
As a Microsoft Showcase School, you can expect to be armed with the digital tools and be adept in using them to successfully enter your career and be ahead of your peers. Gain insight and wisdom from business experts and use their valuable acumen to circumvent obstacles and accelerate to the top of your selected field.
Explore your career prospects within Digital Business:
Innovation Managers are professionals that oversee the creative process, from strategizing to fostering a corporate culture ripe with the right resources at the right level to support experimentation, strategic thinking and brainstorming.
DIGITAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
This individual develops and oversees changes within the organization, streamlining operations to meet benchmarks involving e-business strategies while identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & STRATEGY MANAGER
Providing advice to clients on their digital strategy and transformative programs, the Digital Transformation & Strategy Manager also coordinates the design and implementation of digital product prototypes.
INTRAPRENEURIAL PROJECT MANAGER
Day to day, Intrapreneurial Project Managers align projects with business goals, outline detailed work plans, lead teams, realize milestones, and communicate the results transversely to stakeholders.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A New Product Development Manager takes the lead on researching, assessing, and coordinating a new product's construction improving its functionality to better meet user needs.
The Knowledge Manager is tasked with promoting and employing the company's knowledge assets working both internally and externally with the company's investors, stakeholders, and clients.
DIGITAL START-UP FOUNDER
A Digital Start-up Founder, also referred to as Digital Entrepreneur, secures funding, acquires resources, and directs the marketing of the brand.
DIGITAL FIRM AND START-UP FINANCIAL ANALYST
Digital Firm and Start-up Financial Analysts collect, evaluate, and use financial, economic, and statistical data to study and evaluate investment opportunities, and/or make financial decisions and recommendations.
INCUBATOR AND ACCELERATOR MANAGER
The Incubator and Accelerator Manager fosters relationships with start-up accelerators, incubators, and start-up companies by offering technical resources, industry connections, as well as business mentorship and guidance.
EXTERNAL TECHNOLOGY/INNOVATION MANAGER
Serving as an expert on technological trends and software used today, External Technology/Innovation Managers articulate how these trends will influence and enhance operations.
Careers You Can Achieve with a MIM with Digital Business
With the onset of the pandemic, the global transition to the online arena and remote work becoming the new norm, there is a greater demand than ever before for professionals with digital competencies.
By earning your Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta, you are entering a field where your skills and talents will be marketable today and well into the future as trends in digital business and innovation continue to evolve and advance.
Choose from any one of these professions and find a successful career where growth and development will be a constant due to the technological transformation that will continue to influence markets over time.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: