Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona
The exciting world of blockchain management offers numerous career opportunities. Pursuing a postgraduate diploma in Blockchain Management in Barcelona (hereinafter - Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona) allows students to explore the dynamic field of blockchain, which is driven by disruption and digitization.
With the emergence of NFTs and digital currencies, the Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the evolution of the Internet of Value. In simple terms, blockchain is a data protocol that enables untrusted parties to collaborate and verify transactions without the need for a third-party overseer, even in situations where there may be potential conflicts of interest. Experienced instructors guide students to gain expertise in monetary concepts, cryptocurrencies, and the various applications of blockchain technology for consumers, industries, and governments.
Originally designed for cryptocurrency transactions, blockchain technology's key feature of online security makes it the ideal tool for managing various types of digital transactions. Earning a Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona degree enables students to easily assimilate into the financial technology industry, with a superior understanding of blockchain technology's capabilities and limitations for evaluating and solving tomorrow's business challenges.
GBSB Global Business School is accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education and delivers postgraduate diplomas (a minimum of 62 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7) face-to-face from our campus in Barcelona, Spain. Once you’ve met the requirements of an exit award, terminate your studies by proceeding to the Master of Science in Management (Blockchain Management) (90 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7), by completing the last quarter of your studies online.
Higher Education Program: Postgraduate Diploma in Blockchain Management
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized and state-accredited qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by MFHEA (License number: 2020-012) and accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education (Centre Number: 08077794)
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning
Number of ECTS Credits: A minimum of 62 ECTS
Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Blockchain Management) (90 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7), an officially recognized and state-accredited qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School in Malta, licensed as Higher Education Institution by MFHEA (License number: 2020-012)
Rankings, Accreditations And Partnerships
Ivan Mannino, Italy
"Online learning has been a wonderful experience, as it has allowed me to balance work and studies. This program has provided me with a wealth of knowledge. During the FinTech course last semester, we delved into the basics of new technologies such as AI, blockchain, and cryptocurrencies. I even applied these concepts to my conversations with investors, stakeholders, and peers.
Stephen King once said, "What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." I couldn't agree more. GBSB Global Business School has helped me develop a critical mindset, and my classes have expanded my perspective, laying a solid foundation for continuous growth."
GBSB Global's Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona offers a highly tailored program structure that equips graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to enter the dynamic blockchain tech industry.
Upon completion of the program, participants will possess a comprehensive understanding of the technical foundations of emerging cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, including their potential and associated risks, as well as their interaction with existing monetary and financial systems. The program also explores future prospects for innovation in digital currency systems.
The curriculum includes modules on complex financial problem analysis in line with new regulations and public policies, development of efficient business models and strategies, and effective communication of projects, all while emphasizing critical, self-directed, and original approaches.
Get Skilled In Professional Leadership, Project Management And Financial Performance Control
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Discover The Core Principles Of Blockchain Technology
Tokenomics and Cryptocurrency Markets (6 ECTS)
Blockchain Technology and Platforms (6 ECTS)
- Token-base Unit. Crypto Token and Other Types
- Tokenised Relationship of Economic Agents
- The Project Economy Tokenisation
- Tokenisation of the Economy
- Tokens and Their Taxonomy
- Primary Token Market
- Secondary Coin Market
- Blockchain Technology Principles
- Blockchain: The Technical Side
- Blockchain: Smart Contract
- Blockchain Platforms Taxonomy
- Applied Blockchain Platforms and Projects
Learn The Core Concepts Of Digital Business Strategy & Transformation
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
- Digital Economy and Its New Driving Forces
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Drucker’s 7 Sources of Innovation, Open Innovation
- Strategic Approaches to Managing Innovation
- Disruption Theory
- Digital Transformation Journey
- Main Machine Learning (ML) Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The Fundamentals of Information Management
Explore Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Laws And Regulations
Blockchain and Crypto-Economy Regulation & Governance (6 ECTS)
- The Regulatory Reporting Information Standards in Blockchain
- Main Regulatory Bodies in Blockchain in the EU and the US
- Regulation Around Cryptocurrencies
- The Need to Regulate Blockchain Technology
- The Implications of GDPR in the Bockchain Technology
- InsurTech and PropTech Industries
Innovate And Venture Out Into One Of The Fastest-Growing Sectors
Business Models and Entrepreneurship in Blockchain (6 ECTS)
- Process of Business Modelling Based on Blockchain
- New Tech Leaders and How Blockchain Can Impact the Current Tech Giants
- Blockchain Projects Funding: ICO, TGE, STO and IEO
- Blockchain in the Financial and Public Sectors
- Entrepreneurial Opportunities in Blockchain
Evaluate Your Abilities In Blockchain Management With A Comprehensive Final Project
Final Project (Capstone)
Every Master’s program concludes in the Final Capstone Project. This exciting initiative challenges students to apply their hard-earned knowledge and skills to a real-world problem (within their area of expertise) and devise possible solutions to said issue. Generating suitable solutions entails using information, resources and knowledge from the Master’s program. These proposed solutions offered by students are often interactive and practical, enabling their implementation in professional settings or further research and study.
Go On To Successfully Complete Your Master’S Studies By Developing The Right Tactics With Strategic Management And An Understanding Of The Global Economy & Geopolitics
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS) (Online)
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS) (Online)
- Principles of Behavioral Economics
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Causes of Globalization
- Strategic Management, Planning and Structure
- Strategic Approaches to Analyzing the Position of an Organization
- Data and Strategy
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in the specialization area;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management within the domain of the specialization area;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in the specialization area. These include ideas that support the modeling and management of the decisions;
- Has relevant knowledge of organizations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies.
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of the specialization area to make decisions adapt to the fast-changing business environment and to efficiently manage people and projects within the specialization area in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Possesses specialized problem-solving skills in the specialization area required to develop new knowledge and procedures to solve practical problems;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of the specialization area including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest;
- Demonstrates capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge of management that includes reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the execution of the managerial function;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies.
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Manages and transforms work or study contexts in the field of specialization that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Has the learning skills to allow continuation to study specialization area in a manner that may be largely self-directed or autonomous;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields chosen as an elective option in the graduate program and makes judgments with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of specialization and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Takes responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in a specific industry/functional area of personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
What You Will Learn
The Economics Of Blockchain:
Blockchain economics is a financial system in which cryptocurrency has the potential to replace current monetary systems on a global scale. Through blockchain technologies, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) transactions can be conducted without the need for intermediaries, thus reducing transaction costs.
The Intersection Of Blockchain And Big Data:
Blockchain technology adds another layer of data to the Big Data analytics process. Blockchain-generated Big Data is secure and cannot be replicated due to the network architecture. This valuable form of Big Data is structured, complete, and abundant, making it ideal for advanced analysis.
Business Models And Entrepreneurship In Blockchain:
Blockchain-based business models are decentralized and facilitate peer-to-peer transactions, fostering trust between network participants. These models use tokens to generate profits, with anyone who helps the blockchain achieve consensus earning a token that reflects market conditions.
Strategy And Operations In Blockchain:
A blockchain is a decentralized, distributed digital ledger that stores data across multiple nodes or computing devices. Rather than relying on a centralized system, a blockchain uses a P2P network to store data at various locations.
Agile Methodologies And Design Thinking In Problem-Solving:
Agile methodologies focus on solving predefined problems, while design thinking is used to identify the precise problems that need to be addressed. Agile methodology is a project management technique used to improve software development, while design thinking can be applied to solve complex problems.
A career in this disruptive industry begins with a Master's degree in Blockchain Management in Barcelona. GBSB Global's Management Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona has been specially designed to provide an in-depth knowledge of this technology, its implications and processes at high levels, and its subsequent effects on the future of global economies. Drill down into the specific layers of the course, including mining, hashing, proof-of-work, public key cryptography, and the double-spend issue. While studying for your Master with Blockchain Management, professors will identify the seven design principles for blockchain technology, and students will explore the challenges facing its developers. Blockchain is becoming a popular method for companies seeking an alternative payments processor.
Earning your Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona today will set you on a career that is in-demand and will continue to be for decades to come. What can you do with your degree? Below are some common examples of professions you can go into that will be in long-term demand. With the Master degree in Blockchain Management, graduates will be able to pursue an extensive range of careers within the blockchain industry. During the program, students will come to understand the challenges facing its developers and learn to find concise solutions to blockchain technology challenges. GBSB Global's Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona has been specially designed to provide a detailed knowledge of the technology, its operational functionality at all levels, and its impact on the future of global economies. Earning your Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona today will set you on a career path that is in-demand and will continue to be for decades to come.
Here are a few career iterations that graduates can explore with a Management Master degree in Blockchain Management:
Blockchain Project Manager
A Blockchain Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and monitoring of blockchain projects within an organization.
A Cryptocurrency Analyst examines and forecasts the patterns, prices, demand, and trading capabilities of various cryptocurrencies available in the market.
Blockchain Managers create products based on blockchain technology in a company, manage the team responsible for the blockchain operations, and may also be involved in overseeing the launch of the product.
A Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that an organization or company is following all relevant laws, regulations, and policies related to their industry, and takes appropriate actions to remedy any violations or non-compliance issues that are identified. They may also conduct audits to identify areas of risk or potential non-compliance.
The role of this specialist is to safeguard an organization's computer systems and networks against cyberattacks. They identify potential security vulnerabilities, implement security measures, and monitor the organization's systems for detecting and responding to security breaches.
A Data Specialist is responsible for managing and analyzing large sets of data, making sure that it is accurate, complete, and secure. They work to identify patterns and trends in the data and use this information to help organizations make better-informed decisions.
Digital Transformation And Innovation Manager
The Digital Transformation and Innovation Manager advises clients on their digital strategy and transformational initiatives, while also managing the creation and deployment of digital product prototypes.
Smart Contracts Manager
The role of a Smart Contracts Manager involves managing blockchain-based innovative technologies that automate business processes, specifically optimizing workflow activities in multi-party arrangements.
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master in Blockchain Management in Barcelona, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum); or
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Non-refundable Application Fee
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Master’s Program Duration: 3 Quarters + 1 Quarter Online = 12 Months of Studies
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.