FULL TIME - 2 + 1 YEARS
PART TIME - 4 + UP TO 2 YEARS
Barcelona | Malta | Online
OCT | JAN | APR
Face-to-face | Online
€10,750 per year
TRANSFER TO ONLINE LATER, FEES REMAIN THE SAME
Go beyond banking with the GBSB Global’s Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Finance & Fintech in Barcelona. Learn about global finances, international economics, capital markets and exciting trends like blockchain and cryptocurrency. Equipped with this B.A., graduates can embark on careers in global financial management.
The well-rounded program features holistic learning into accounting methods, data analysis, statistics and quantitative methods. Fintech is an exciting and constantly evolving field and there’s extensive scope for financially-savvy, digitally-minded graduates.
During this innovative BA program students are invited to concentrate on specific fields of their key interest while gaining a comprehensive business education with a digital focus. Explore the latest trends in digital innovation, reinforce theoretical knowledge through practical approach, learn to think with an agile mind, all while easily adapting to the new remote reality facing the world today.
GBSB Global Business School is accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education and delivers Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation (120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5) face-to-face from our campus in Barcelona, Spain. Once you’ve obtained your Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation, tailor your final year to your needs, culminating in your Bachelor (B.A.) of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Finance & Fintech (180 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 6) delivered by GBSB Global Business School either online, in Malta, or stay in Barcelona to combine your online studies with an additional Diploma in Applied Business Innovation.
YEAR 1 & 2
Higher Education Program: Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (License number: 2020-012) and accredited by Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education.
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 5 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning.
Number of ECTS Credits: 120 ECTS
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Catalan Department of Education
Accredited by National Commission for Further and Higher Education in Malta
GBSB Global awarded as a Five Star Institution by QS Ranking System
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
CHOOSING YOUR MAJOR
Interested in taxation, global financial markets, capital gains, investment banking and venture capital? Consider yourself highly suited for our Business Bachelor with Finance & Fintech in Barcelona.
With a focus on new trends in traditional and digital finance, expect to learn about the latest financial technologies, International Monetary Systems, and global digital currencies, among a host of other disruptive subjects.
With the financial sector always in flux, students can look forward to a career that offers growth potential and constant demand.
Intrigued by the financial markets, stocks, bonds and other investment vehicles? Gain a firm understanding of global finance with the Business Bachelor with Finance & Fintech in Barcelona.
This specialized degree is designed to impart theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Courses include core analytics, financial management, statistics and fintech applications. Students can enjoy webinars and interactive talks from renowned guest speakers. The value of a Business Bachelor with Finance & Fintech extends beyond traditional finance fields. As digital finance evolves, graduates can build an exciting skillset to work across global financial industries.
YOUR BACHELOR JOURNEY AT A GLANCE
+ the Catalan Department of Education
|Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation (120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation (180 ECTS, MQF/EQF Level 6)|
+ Private Professional Diploma (GBSB Global Spain)
Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(180 ECTS, MQF/EQF Level 6)
+ Diploma in Applied Business Innovation (GBSB Global Spain)
PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND POSSIBLE EXIT AWARDS:
- Global Business Environment (7 ECTS)
- Business Communication (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship and Innovation (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Marketing in the Digital Era (13 ECTS)
- Principles of Accounting (7 ECTS)
- Business Law in a Digital Context (7 ECTS)
- Business Math and Statistics (13 ECTS)
Possible Exit Award
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(32 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Undergraduate Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(60 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Strategic Management of Enterprise and Digital Innovation (13 ECTS)
- Managerial Accounting (6 ECTS)
- Leadership and Organizational Behaviour (6 ECTS)
- Starting a New Digital Business (7 ECTS)
- Business Economics (7 ECTS)
- Business Research Methods (6 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
Possible Exit Award
- Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Professional and Career Development (6 ECTS)
- Innovative and Creative Thinking (4 ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (7 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies for Innovation and Change (13 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
- Undergraduate Dissertation (15 ECTS)
- Bachelor (B.A.) of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Finance & Fintech
(180 ECTS, MQF/EQF Level 6)
BACHELOR WITH FINANCE & FINTECH IN BARCELONA
- Portfolio Management And Wealth Planning
- Advanced Issues in Accounting
- Foundations of Fintech
- Fintech in Banking: Challenges and Opportunities
- Investor Relations
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
Increase your career prospects with a Business Bachelor with Finance & Fintech in Barcelona. Future-proof your employability profile, as you get ready to enter the ever-evolving international finance sector.
Choose from a plethora of well-paid, high-in-demand professions available within the booming Finance & Fintech industry. Financial planner, financial, budget or credit analyst, actuary or an investor relations associate, to name a few.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH BUSINESS BACHELOR
WITH FINANCE & FINTECH
Risk and Compliance Expert
Business Development Manager
THE RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL VARY,
BUT HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF CAREERS
YOU MAY CONSIDER:
- Design secure blockchain technologies
- Develop application features and interfaces
- Maintain client and server-side applications
- Create, direct, and manage all marketing efforts directed towards acquiring rewards-based donations from the public
- Assist in developing content, assets, and post engagement across key platforms
- Help the develop and delivery key digital advertising campaigns
RISK AND COMPLIANCE EXPERT
- Ensure all the essential guidelines are in place adhering to industry rules and regulations
- Conduct internal audits and reviews at regular intervals
- Update the organization’s policies, regulations, and processes
- Resolve employee issues about legal risk compliance
- Advise management regarding the implementation of compliance programs
- Ensure the company's digital assets are protected from unauthorized access
- Secure both online and on-premises infrastructures
- Cypher through metrics and data to sift out suspicious activity
- Find and mitigate risks before infringements occur
- Lead efforts to counter the attack if a breach happens
ADMISSION AND FEES
to be qualified for admission to the undergraduate program in Business Administration and Digital Innovation in Barcelona, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- AP Program
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems)
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based)
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.0
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Online + Barcelona
|Application Fee||100 €|
|Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)||200 €||200 €||200 €||200 €||200 €|
|Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)||950 €||950 €||950 €||950 €||950 €|
|Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)**||10750 €||10750 €||Fee Valid in Malta at the Time||10750 €|
|Optional Diploma in Applied Business Innovation (ABI)||1900 €|
*Fees apply to students commencing their studies on-campus. Please note, fees will remain the same should the student decide to complete their education online for the remainder of the 3-year program.
**Fees valid for students starting their studies in the Academic Year 2023-2024.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
*If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.·Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
*Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.·Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.