We are ready to present you with this year's winners!
It was an extremely difficult decision to make given the high quality, degree of innovation and business potential of each of the current projects, but we are finally ready to announce that our Jury Board and the voting public have decided to award the MYOX project as the Best Start-up in the Pre-Seed & Seed Category, and ORPHEUS project as the Best Start-up in the Early-Stage Category. This award offers 1.500 EUR per each project to spend on extra mentorship hours to aid further project development.
Congratulations on your fantastic job to Anna Comas and Julia Mitjavila from MYOX, and to Carles Morales and Massimo Angelini from Orpheus! We look forward to witnessing the well-deserved success on a much bigger scale that we envisage for these projects.
And, of course, congratulations to the rest of Demo Day 2021 participants for their dedication and achieved progress, demonstrated throughout the development and defending of such high-quality, interesting projects!
Please note that we are planning to welcome everyone at our Awards Cocktail Gathering this upcoming September, in Barcelona, for when we expect to have the right conditions to meet everyone in person, deliver the awards physically and share our experiences, concerns and expectations for the new adventures to come!
Let’s recall the Experts Jury Board
- Richard Hazenberg, Research Leader in the Institute for Social Innovation and Impact at the University of Northampton
- Jan Lachenmayer, Managing Director at Enpact
- Lourdes Miras, Director of Business Department at University of Vic (Uvic-UCC)
- Antonio Rodríguez Engelmann, Managing Director GBSB Global
- Xavier Arola, Director of G-Accelerator
The final score was calculated as a combined result from the Demo Day 2021 Public vote (weighting 35%) and Experts’ vote (weighting 65%).
The variables considered were:
- the Investor Pitch performance (Public assessment)
- the G-Accelerator Roadmap completion
- the final G-Accelerator Outcomes performance (Jury assessment) comprising: