Earning a Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Human Resources & Talent Development) in Malta (hereinafter - Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta) will prepare students for a dynamic career that is continuously being transformed due to COVID-19 and advancements in digital technology. The post-pandemic era will not resemble life as we knew it before; companies are reimagining and reconfiguring their workplace policies and procedures to adapt.
A strong human resources (HR) department is integral to the success of a company, and so this field will always be in high demand. As businesses conform to the new Digital Era, these professionals will use novelle tactics and tools to recruit, interview, hire, and retain the most qualified talent to take business to the next level.
Why not be at the helm leading this change? GBSB Global’s Management Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta is at the forefront of business trends and prides itself in graduating professionals equipped with the knowledge and tools to successfully manage teams through challenging times and think innovatively to adapt to new circumstances that may come their way.
In a field where automation, inclusivity, wellbeing and remote work are all hot topics, students will already have experience navigating these trends through case studies, practical workshops and stimulating lectures with experts. GBSB Global’s Management Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta’s professors have real-life experience to guide students as they embark on their careers.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
GBSB Global listed among the Best Business Schools by Forbes
Ensly Dooms, South Africa
Ensly Dooms, a proud graduate of GBSB Global, worked hard to earn his degree by balancing both his professional career with his studies. From the diverse student body to the high level of expertise the professors brought to the online classroom, Ensly is grateful for the obtained experience whilst studying at GSBB Global. The Master program was on par to what he wanted from his education and allowed him to pursue his other interests and demands while attaining an accredited degree.
Discover how earning your Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta can equate to a similar story.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Human Resources & Talent Development (EQF Level 7)
Expert faculty with real-world success in their field
International speakers and professionally organized workshops presented by successful leaders and companies
100+ nationalities represented by our diverse student body
GBSB Global offers an exclusive Master with Human Resources & Talent Development program to help young professionals on their way to a successful career in HR and Talent Development industry. This program will provide students with a broad and in-depth understanding of human relationship management as well as general business management.
A diverse range of modules covers HR administration, employee management and other industry-specific subjects, but also managerial accounting, global project management, digital operations and business innovation, providing students with a full range of practical business skills and digital tools applicable to any business environment on a global scale.
From interview techniques and conflict resolution to strategic management, graduates will leave as experts in managing staff relations and driving organizational development, standing them throughout all aspects of business and life.
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Talent Development and Management (6 ECTS)
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Strategic Human Resource Management (6 ECTS)
Diversity Management and Global Workplace Inclusion (6 ECTS)
International Perspectives on Employee Relations (6 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Digital HR Tech and Tools (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
TALENT MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP:
Learn to identify talent in business and develop a sustainable talent management system that is both holistic and innovative. Analyze, understand, and challenge various leadership styles. Acquire the skills and tools necessary to successfully lead and influence globalized corporate cultures.
HR ADMINISTRATION AND LAW:
Learn about Human Resources (HR) Law as related to Labor and Employment Law, and the various regulations and policies companies need to adhere to.
INNOVATION & DIGITALIZATION IN HR:
Discover how processes are being optimized today through social, mobile, analytical and cloud (SMAC) technologies. Utilize advancements in Digital HR to leverage workloads and make companies more efficient, effective, and connected.
HR STRATEGY AND MANAGEMENT:
Gain insight into strategic human resource management with the Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta. This involves a future-oriented process of developing and implementing HR programs that identifies and resolves business problems and directly contributes to major long-term business objectives.
GLOBAL LABOR MARKETS:
Explore globalization as a major contributor to increased integration of labor markets and minimizing factor for the wage gap between workers in advanced and developing economies, especially through the rapid creation of new technologies.
Earn your Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta and be center stage, leading the way for companies to reopen, adapt and continue to grow through this turbulent time. GBSB Global’s specifically designed curriculum focuses on the rapid digital transformation providing students with the latest in tech.
This Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta prepares students for the challenging, yet fulfilling task - overseeing teams in these unprecedented times. Professors will address the new themes that are shaping the way businesses operate at distance, with diversified teams, performing equitably and inclusively, with the general health and wellbeing of its staff at the forefront of business discussions and decisions.
Opportunity awaits. Invest in a field with constant demand and career stability for those capable of seeing teams through adverse situations and managing structures. Earning your Master with Human Resources & Talent Development in Malta will set you apart from the competition ushering in upward growth and career advancement.
Explore possible careers in HR:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS MANAGER
A Compensation and Benefits Manager’s job is to coordinate and supervise employee activities, designate the organization's pay and benefits structure, monitor competitive wage rates to develop or modify compensation plans within regulatory parameters.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Training and Development Specialists help create custom training programs, administer, and facilitate training courses for businesses and organizations online, in classrooms or at designated training facilities.
EMPLOYMENT, RECRUITMENT, & PLACEMENT SPECIALIST
Employment, Recruitment, and Placement Specialists oversee the recruitment and placement of new employees by attending job fairs, scheduling events on college campuses, and establishing relationships in the community.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Human Resources Managers oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new employees, consult with high-level executives on strategic planning, and act as a link between an organization's management and its team.
EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER
An Employee and Labor Relations Manager implements and handles a company's labor relations program, its policies, and procedures ensuring agreeable labor-management relations are maintained and collective bargaining agreements are fair.
WORKFORCE PLANNING SPECIALIST
A Workforce Planning Professional supervises an organization's business strategy to make sure it engages enough workers with the appropriate talents at the right time and offers practical insight to company decision-makers.
Develops, revises, and implements HR policies and procedures, the HR Consultant conducts periodic audits of human resource activities to guarantee compliance with laws, policies, and procedures.
Recruiters are responsible for sourcing talented and qualified candidates, screening them, coordinating the interview process, and facilitating offers and negotiations, all while assuring candidates have an amiable experience.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with Human Resources and Talent Development in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: