In an age where technology is advancing at an incredibly high speed and the pandemic has shifted consumers almost entirely over to ecommerce platforms, there are vast opportunities for talented marketing professionals. With new consumer behaviors driving business today, graduates armed with the latest tools and trends in the industry are transforming the digital marketing scene. Earning an Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management with Digital Marketing (hereinafter – Online Master with Digital Marketing) will prepare students for this very exciting, fast-paced creative arena focused on digital marketing strategies. Take the reins and become a leading force employing initiatives and campaigns that embrace innovation and challenge traditional methods.
While studying for your Online Master with Digital Marketing degree at GBSB Global, students will gain the groundwork based on theory, design, and application of advertisement and promotional techniques to make businesses successful.
Our specially designed curriculum provides students with a comprehensive understanding of consumer decision-making and related concepts and theories used to evaluate and predict consumer behavior and relevant outcomes. The Online Master with Digital Marketing graduates will have a competitive advantage over their peers given extensive integration and application of social media and various innovative digital technologies throughout the course.
The Online Master with Digital Marketing students further develop their skills through hands-on real-world digital marketing activities, case studies, networking engagements, online conferences and learning from digital applications and simulations we offer through our online campus.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Listed as One of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Teaching Quality
European business school officially recognized for excellence in digital marketing (EQF Level 7)
Global faculty with esteemed experience in the field
Professional speakers and practical workshops provided by marketing experts and CMOs
Diversity is exemplified by 100+ nationalities
"As one of the initial students to complete my degree studies entirely online, I found the process easy to navigate from day one. The remote program offered me the flexibility and time I needed to dedicate to my other responsibilities, namely my career. As a leading Microsoft Showcase School, GBSB Global offered my class many innovative technologies that have since been recognized as transformative measures changing the concept of e-learning. I enjoyed having a diverse classroom and learning from my peers through online discussions. In my opinion, I had a better experience studying online with GBSB Global than I did with my traditional institution. I had 24/7 access to my peers, professors, lectures and tools for learning. The education offered was of superior quality."
"Deciding to study at GBSB Global, the admissions process was easy and accessible. I found the school has a wonderful network of professionals that can help me get my career off the ground and that was a determining factor in my decision to enroll. The Master provided me insightful content and offered me a variety of opportunities within the industry of my study. The teachers were passionate about what they were teaching and that made the whole course of study fascinating."
"I chose to study digital marketing after having experienced an internship in the field. This was an eye-opening opportunity as it showed me how dynamic the marketing industry has become with the advancements in digital technologies. Marketing today goes so far beyond what most think of as digital marketing. While social media is one aspect, I have learned both through real world experience and my studies that the industry is extremely diverse. I particularly enjoyed courses on Web Design Optimization, Mobile Marketing, UX and conversion, Design Thinking and Digital Marketing, of course. The professors take a unique approach to teaching that is engaging and keeps students motivated. During my time at GBSB Global, I also was able to capitalize on a business internship in my area of interest that was intriguing and even more convincing that I am on the right career path."
"I wanted to study abroad but found GBSB Global’s online program and felt a draw to connect with individuals from around the globe from my own home. Studying online can be very challenging, but my experience with GBSB Global was like no other in a positive way. Being connected and participating with my professors, school administrators and peers on one platform made learning very accessible. Speaking for my peers, we really felt supported and connected with the teachers, which made all the difference. I learned not only about my field of study through my online master, but I became more proficient at time management, and it enhanced my work experience."
Our Master with Digital Marketing in Malta was designed around core business and management modules supplemented by specialized courses in digital marketing, offering a well-balanced mix of theory and practice, profiting from an interactive approach with academics and market professionals.
The Master with Digital Marketing in Malta students will gain a hands-on experience of key digital media tools enabling them to effectively manage and optimize various digital marketing campaigns, develop innovative strategies and transform existing communication processes.
Topics include social media management, web and mobile marketing, strategic, operations and financial management, and much more, readying students with a comprehensive business and digital marketing acumen by the time they graduate from GBSB Global.
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Social Media Marketing (6 ECTS)
Web and Mobile Marketing (6 ECTS)
E-Commerce and Digital Customer Loyalty (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
During your Online Master with Digital Marketing you will learn to manage and motivate diverse teams through effective communication. Taking from the leadership skills you will hone, you will be able to navigate various international environments working with vendors, technicians and an array of digital marketing and ecommerce professionals.
DIGITAL MARKETING LANDSCAPE TODAY:
Engage with the most advanced digital marketing tools and techniques available today. Learn from your professors, experienced professionals in the field and be able to circumnavigate challenges and embrace changes as the industry is continuously transforming.
AGILE METHODOLOGIES AND DESIGN THINKING:
Applicable theories meant to help students foster the growth mindset needed to work in digital marketing today. Use these two approaches to identify problems, analyze situations and procure solutions in this tech-driven field.
DIGITAL LAW AND NAVIGATING THE LEGAL HOOPS:
Address the digital laws impacting digital media across the world. Learn about the legal rights and restrictions governing the use of technology and how they can differ country by country.
NEGOTIATION AND COMMUNICATION IN DIGITAL MARKETING:
Digital marketing communications module is based upon traditional marketing applications. Students will be provided with an overview of conventional methods in addition to learning about new digital marketing communications tools including display ads, pay per click advertising, affiliate programs, influencer marketing and so on.
WEB AND MOBILE MARKETING:
Take a brick and mortar business online using your competencies in the realm of eCommerce and consumer experience to foster a visible online presence, increasing revenues and customer engagement. Gain the confidence to share your insights and wisdom with business owners and management teams to effectively launch campaigns that will return results.
THE WORLD OF ECOMMERCE:
Use intelligent ecommerce and e-business management solutions to stay relevant and competitive in the field. As digital technologies evolve, stay ahead of the trends by engaging with current research.
Discover the best practices in digital marketing strategies and learn to use technologies, especially those in digital data collection, to best model your approach to business.
In today’s digitally connected society, the marketing landscape is constantly evolving. From advancements in tech to platform algorithms, successful marketing leaders will have both quantitative and qualitative marketing skills. With a Master with Digital Marketing in Malta, you’ll gain the proficiencies needed to execute targeted strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
This degree provides a comprehensive overview of the digital marketing practices needed for effective marketing campaigns in a tech-centered economy. Students will attain a core knowledge of the digital marketing principles and practices needed to engage with the 21st century consumer. Themes will include web page design, analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click, email marketing, social media marketing and mobile marketing.
What are the top Digital Marketing careers? Find your match:
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A New Product Development Manager takes the lead on researching, assessing, and coordinating a new product's construction improving its functionality to better meet user needs.
ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGER (ORM)
The Online Reputation Manager (ORM) monitors and improves how your business is viewed online by analyzing what a potential customer, reporter, or partner will learn about your brand, your team, or your product/service when they conduct a Google search.
An eCommerce Manager is directly involved with the business's website, sometimes operating it entirely, especially the marketing, advertising, and content components.
CONSUMER/DIGITAL AUDIENCE ANALYST
Consumer/Digital Audience Analysts are responsible for assuring reports, analyses, and dashboards correctly reflect vital information about their companies' digital assets using customer relationship management (CRM) software.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
A Digital Marketing Manager is tasked with developing, implementing, and administering long-term digital marketing campaigns as well as short-term advertising practices to promote brand awareness and website traffic which generates sales leads.
CRM MANAGER (CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT)
The CRM Manager builds and nurtures profitable relationships with key customers often having to address communication issues quickly and effectively.
Brand Managers are accountable for crafting brand strategies, promoting brand development and expansion, employing brand plans, and using a range of data to drive volume and profitability.
A Content Manager's job is to develop a consistent brand voice for a company and establish its digital presence by directing marketing strategies to engage customers positively.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION & DIGITAL MEDIA MANAGER
A Digital Communication and Digital Media Manager will oversee a company’s digital and social marketing initiatives in conjunction with the marketing and sales departments.
SEO & WEB POSITIONING MANAGER
SEO and Web Positioning Managers bolster sales and brand awareness by increasing website traffic through strategies that include keyword planning, link building, optimizing for mobile use, and accurate web page tagging.
DIGITAL ASSETS ANALYST
Digital Asset Analysts arrange all digital assets to be designed and uploaded to the digital asset management system while troubleshooting and conducting training.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Digital Marketing, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (20 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
Due at the time of program acceptance
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: