FULL TIME - 2 + 1 YEARS
PART TIME - 4 + UP TO 2 YEARS
Barcelona | Malta | Online
OCT | JAN | APR
Face-to-face | Online
Business – but make it fashion. Welcome to the Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Fashion & Luxury Business Management in Barcelona. This degree elevates the study of luxury fashion with a digital edge and fresh business perspective. Students will learn from real-world concepts to understand a constantly-transforming industry.
How to launch impactful strategies? What is sustainable fashion? These and more fashion and business concepts will be studied during the program to prepare graduates for careers from retail to online commerce.
During this innovative BA program students are invited to concentrate on specific fields of their key interest while gaining a comprehensive business education with a digital focus. Explore the latest trends in digital innovation, reinforce theoretical knowledge through practical approach, learn to think with an agile mind, all while easily adapting to the new remote reality facing the world today.
GBSB Global Business School is accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education and delivers Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation (120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5) face-to-face from our campus in Barcelona, Spain. Once you’ve obtained your Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation, tailor your final year to your needs, culminating in your Top-Up Bachelor (B.A.) of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Fashion & Luxury Business (60 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 6) delivered by GBSB Global Business School either online, in Malta, or stay in Barcelona to combine your online studies with an additional Diploma in Applied Business Innovation.
YEAR 1 & 2
International Immersion, Study Abroad, and Multi-Campus Experience
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Catalan Department of Education
Accredited by National Commission for Further and Higher Education in Malta
GBSB Global awarded as a Five Star Institution by QS Ranking System
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
Barcelona, one of Europe’s renowned fashion and innovation centers, offers the perfect foundation for studying sustainable practices in the fashion and luxury sector.
GBSB Global’s Business Bachelor with Fashion & Luxury Business Management in Barcelona challenges students with a rare, real-life event organization opportunity.
This unique engagement, entirely organized and managed by students, enhances their ability to network, engage with existing local and international markets and manage large-scale events, both offline and online.
The Business Bachelor with Fashion & Luxury Business Management in Barcelona is a specialized degree for students who aspire to work in business management within the fashion and luxury goods sector. This is a three-year program comprising 180 ECTS credits.
Lessons are designed to imbue knowledge on retail markets, business operations, how clothing brands work and the ability to successfully manage finances in fashion industries. Through hands-on training, intensive workshops and real-world case studies, graduates can confidently embark on a career in luxury fashion.
YOUR BACHELOR JOURNEY AT A GLANCE
|Year of Study||EQF Level||Location||Government
|L5||Barcelona||MFHEA + the Catalan Department of Education||Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation (120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)|
PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND POSSIBLE EXIT AWARDS:
- Global Business Environment (7 ECTS)
- Business Communication (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship and Innovation (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Marketing in the Digital Era (13 ECTS)
- Principles of Accounting (7 ECTS)
- Business Law in a Digital Context (7 ECTS)
- Business Math and Statistics (13 ECTS)
Possible Exit Award
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(32 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Undergraduate Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(60 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Strategic Management of Enterprise and Digital Innovation (13 ECTS)
- Managerial Accounting (6 ECTS)
- Leadership and Organizational Behaviour (6 ECTS)
- Starting a New Digital Business (7 ECTS)
- Business Economics (7 ECTS)
- Business Research Methods (6 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
Possible Exit Award
- Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Professional and Career Development (6 ECTS)
- Innovative and Creative Thinking (4 ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (7 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies for Innovation and Change (13 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
- Undergraduate Dissertation (15 ECTS)
- Top-Up Bachelor (B.A.) of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Fashion & Luxury Business
(60 ECTS, MQF/EQF Level 6)
BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH FASHION & LUXURY BUSINESS
IN BARCELONA SPECIALIZATION UNITS
- Sustainable Fashion and Luxury
- Digital Branding
- Recreation, Leisure and Wellness Business
- Fashion & Luxury Marketing
- Event Management & Sponsoring
- Management of Retail and Electronic Distribution Channels
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
With in-depth industry knowledge, strong analytical skills and ability to identify upcoming fashion trends, you will become strong at building partnership relationships and gain business development expertise.
Choose to become a buyer, vendor analyst, or a merchant acquisition manager to identify upcoming fashion trends. As for more creativity, try out the roles of a stylist operations managers or a creative consultant, providing creative direction for fashion industry professionals aiming to attract more sales and expand target audience.
Interested in the global market? Become responsible for executing the successful expansion of a global luxury brand or company as an international program manager. Alternatively dominate the digital market as a self-made e-commerce entrepreneur.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH
FASHION & LUXURY BUSINESS
THE ARRAY OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL FLUCTUATE,
BUT HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF CAREERS YOU
WILL HAVE AVAILABLE TO YOU:
ONLINE FASHION & LUXURY MERCHANDISER
- Curate and plan company merchandise for a brand
- Work closely with buyers and designers
- Analyze the past buying behaviors of their customers online and the market receptibilit
E-COMMERCE / SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
- Oversee all online business activities, ranging from website development and branding to internet marketing and online sales
- Develop strategies to increase traffic to the website, including utilizing social media channels, search engine optimization, and blogging
- Develop creative, consistent brand-specific ad campaigns and online messaging
- Supervise and work with other employees and freelance contractors
- Establish project goals, and monitor, approve, and evaluate a project's status and impact
- Conduct testing and monitor online analytic
DIGITAL BRAND MANAGER
- Responsible for making sure that branding is coherent across advertising and marketing online platforms and campaigns
- Ensure that a brand continues to be recognizable, up-to-date and relevant, rousing customers to make a purchase online
- Plan ways to promote and alter the public perception of a brand through digital technologies
ADMISSION AND FEES
to be qualified for admission to the undergraduate program in Business Administration and Digital Innovation in Barcelona, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- AP Program
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems)
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based)
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.0
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Online + Barcelona
|Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)||200 €||200 €||200 €||200 €||200 €|
|Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)||950 €||950 €||950 €||950 €||950 €|
|Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)**||10750 €||10750 €||Fee Valid in Malta at the Time||10750 €|
|Optional Diploma in Applied Business Innovation (ABI)||1900 €|
*Fees apply to students commencing their studies on-campus. Please note, fees will remain the same should the student decide to complete their education online for the remainder of the 3-year program.
**Fees valid for students starting their studies in the Academic Year 2023-2024.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
*If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.·Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
*Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.·Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.