FULL TIME - 12 months
PART TIME - 24 months
OCT | JAN | APR
Flexible 24/7 Studies
Prices valid from October 2022 Intake onwards
GBSB Global’s Online Master of Science (MSc) with Operations and Supply Chain Management (hereinafter – Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain) is a unique higher education program that hones in on themes related to production planning, inventory control, digital technologies, warehouse administration, quality control, supplier contracts, procurement and nurturing supplier relations. The Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain curriculum covers numerous topics, from manufacturing and service industries, to the functions of sourcing, materials management, operations planning, distribution, logistics, retail, demand forecasting, inventory, order fulfillment, and more.
Operations and supply chain specialists are more in demand than ever before given the disruptions caused by the pandemic and related developments. In finding innovative solutions to constantly arising challenges, companies are looking for professionals who not only understand these disciplines but who also know how they relate to business strategy and revenues. From your first class to the last, you will be immersed in an interactive learning environment where students will get to sharpen the necessary skills sought-after by employers, from leadership and communications to collaborations at distance and digital literacy. This Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain utilizes case studies and takes a problem-solving approach teaching marketable proficiencies that are driven by innovative and sustainable best practices.
During the Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain program students will also have the opportunity to visit Zaragoza’s logistics platform Plaza – the foremost Supply Chain Hub in the Southern Europe. Tactically located between Barcelona and Madrid, the Center is home to many research and development supply chain management companies. Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is a research institute established by the Government of Aragon in Spain, in partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Zaragoza. A great chance to further enhance your industry-specific knowledge, whilst learning about the best working practices across the industry.
Higher Education Program: Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Operations and Supply Chain Management)
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (License number: 2020-012).
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning.
Number of ECTS Credits: 90 ECTS
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Spend an optional week at Zaragoza Logistics Center – MIT Global Scale Network as part of your MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management program
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Ranked as TOP 50 by QS World University Rankings 2021
José Marques, Portugal
On top of comprehensive lectures and a flexible schedule, during my Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain studies, I was given the chance to visit the Zaragoza Logistics Center, one of Europe’s most important and strategically located research and development facilities located in Spain. It was a wonderful opportunity to be exposed to the cutting-edge research being done in Supply Chain Management.
The Zaragoza Logistics Center in partnership with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), has a tremendous influence on the world of international supply chain management and is at the forefront of technology. Showcasing the latest innovative tools and standards in the field of operations, students got a glimpse at what the future has in store and the potential that awaits in their career.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Operations and Supply Chain (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with profuse business experience across the globe
Practical workshops and professional speaking events delivered by experts in business
Study alongside a diverse peer group representing 100+ nations
Get a degree applicable to all kinds of organisations from manufacturers, retailers, and hospitals, to banks, travel companies, sports clubs and non-for-profit organisations, among many others. Our Master with Operations & Supply Chain Management in Malta focuses on broadening students’ understanding of extensive business operations, marketing, finance, HR and project management, all with a specific focus on digital component.
Learn to design, plan and manage various business processes needed to transform resources into novel products and services within or between organizations. Grasp the digital tools and technical insights to be able to ensure high-performance when delivering sustainably maintained, international logistics systems.
Develop an industry focus through practical approach by attending guest speaker lectures, practical workshops, industrial visits, solving real-life case studies and working on hands-on assignments. Benefit from an optional week-away in Spain at the Zaragoza’s Logistics Platform Plaza.
Identify Fundamental Economic and Managerial Concepts
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Encompass Strategic, Operational and Tactical Levels of Business
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
Operations and Supply Chains Strategy and Finance (6 ECTS)
- Strategic Management, Planning and Structure
- Strategic Approaches to Analyzing the Position of an Organization
- Data and Strategy
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Aligning Corporate Strategy with Operations Strategy
- Building an Operating Model and Designing the Operations Network
- Fundamental Concepts of Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chains and Finance
- Supply Chain Management Trends and Best Practices
Drive Digital Transformation and Business Agility in Operations Management
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Supply Chains 4.0 for Digital Consumers (6 ECTS)
- Digital Economy and Its New Driving Forces
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Drucker’s 7 Sources of Innovation, Open Innovation
- Strategic Approaches to Managing Innovation
- Disruption Theory
- Digital Transformation Journey
- Digitalization of Business Processes
- Main Machine Learning (ML) Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The Fundamentals of Information Management
- Retail and E-Commerce Supply Chain and Omnichannel Operations
- Customer Service Operations Management
- Last Mile and Reverse Logistics
- Transformation of Supply Chains
- Implication, Components and Applications for Supply Chains 4.0
- Digitisation of the Supply Chain
- Selecting and Using Data and Analytics for Decision-Making
Align Your Supply Chain Management Goals to Broader Operations Objectives
Inventory, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management (6 ECTS)
International Logistics and Transport (6 ECTS)
- Inventory Models
- Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing
- Modern Distribution Systems
- Modes of Transport in a Modern Society
- Innovations in Air and Maritime Transport
- Modal, Intermodal, and Multimodal Transport
- S&OP: Sales and Operations Planning
- Contemporary Issues Facing Carrier Management
- Regulatory Frameworks for Different Transport Modes
- Freight Cost and Pricing
- Third-Party Logistics
- Trade and Customs Procedures
Conceptualize a Problem in Operations & Supply Chain Management and Demonstrate Your Expertise with a Wide-Ranging Final Project
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
RECEIVE APPLIED KNOWLEDGE:
Dive into core principles and the fundamentals of operations and supply chain management by evaluating systems of synchronization, organizing product distribution, communications, leadership, and sales coordination across teams, vendors, and manufacturers.
COMMUNICATION AND COOPERATION ACROSS BORDERS:
Hone the soft skills in demand today and become a successful communicator. Immerse yourself in a diverse student body that prioritizes cultural empathy that bolsters collaboration among peers from over 100+ nations.
STUDY OPERATIONS AND REALIZE SOLUTIONS:
Explore systems and analyze the orchestration of key business functions including product development, sourcing, production, logistics, and the administration of resources and raw materials needed to meet forecasted goals.
NETWORK WITH SUCCESSFUL INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS:
Nurture relationships and engage in opportunities to expand your network throughout your Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain. Students are invited to participate in online seminars with experts in operations and supply chain or take the opportunity to visit and get trained at the Zaragoza Logistics Center in Spain.
LEARN HOW TO EFFECTIVELY LEAD TEAMS:
Earn your Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain and fine tune your leadership acumen through applicable activities that cover collaboration, administration, communications, and innovation.
Given the most recent developments in response to the global health crisis, ever-changing economy, and vast tech developments, operations and supply chain management has been challenged to keep up with the volatile global demands. From travel, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and distribution, the market is in continuous need of bright professionals with innovative solutions and digital knowledge. At GBSB Global we educate students about the latest trends and technologies shaping the field in addition to providing a core curriculum based on theory and applied knowledge.
Upon graduation, our Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain students will be able to evaluate existing strategies and implement new operations and logistics to scale performance. From corporate social responsibility to social impact of a company, graduates will become experts in the field, ready to make sustainable changes for the betterment of the organization, contributing to the global social impact.
Want to know more about the in-demand professions today within this industry? Below is the list of possible careers you could choose from:
Key to the management team, the Operations Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods.
Logistics Analysts oversee the whole production life of a product from the purchasing of materials to the distribution of goods within the framework of a company's mission and goals.
Purchasing managers are an important component to a well-functioning supply chain, responsible for obtaining the highest quality goods and services at the most affordable prices, which is highly influential to the business' cost-efficiencies.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Supply Chain Managers are tasked with overseeing and handling a company's supply chain and logistics strategy and formulating procedures to guarantee the process is effectively managed while maintaining good relations with vendors and distributors.
PRODUCTION, PLANNING, AND EXPEDITING SPECIALIST
Production, Planning, and Expediting Specialists direct the flow of information, work, and materials within a business by scheduling employees, estimating costs, and tracking materials and production issues as they arise.
STORAGE AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
Storage and Distribution Managers select, supervise, and train employees involved in receiving, storing, testing, and distributing products safely and effectively.
Demand Planners generate and manage forecast models for their clients, integrating business intelligence and projections gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
A Load Planner’s job is to streamline all aspects of the freight transportation process, focusing on reducing shipment times by expediting routes and maximizing loads for various types of freight transport.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION MANAGER
Identify, incubate, and generate novel ideas and concepts as Digital Transformation Manager, with an aim to reduce operational inadequacies and transform existing business processes to achieve better communications, planning, and distribution.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (90 ECTS Credits)
Prices valid from October 2022 Intake onwards
Tuition Fee per Quarter (20 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: