Full time - 12 months
Part time - 24 months
Face-to-face | Online
(MALTA RESIDENTS €8,750)
GBSB Global’s Management Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Operations and Supply Chain Management) in Malta (hereinafter – Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta) is a unique degree designed to prepare professionals for the roles in planning and operations for global corporations, satisfying needs in coordination of production, inventory, logistics and transportation of goods. GBSB Global’s Management Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta focuses on such topics as production planning, inventory control, digital technologies, warehouse administration, quality control, supplier selection, procurement and fostering supplier relations.
This Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta program supplies tomorrow’s business leaders with the fundamental technical and managerial training to launch successful careers. Applying a case-study and problem-solving approach, the Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta focuses on teaching marketable skills in the field supported by innovative and sustainable best practices today. This distinctive program is globally focused. With an international faculty that brings a wealth of practical, first-hand experience in operations and supply chain to the classroom, students can circumvent many of the challenges the professors once faced.
As part the Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta students will have an optional opportunity to visit Zaragoza’s Logistics Platform Plaza developed by Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Global Scale Network. Spend a week at the foremost supply chain hub in the Southern Europe, strategically located between Barcelona and Madrid, is the intellectual base for many businesses conducting research and development in supply chain management.
Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is a research institute established by the Government of Aragon in Spain in partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the University of Zaragoza. Founded in 2003, the ZLC headquarters is located in the heart of Plaza, the largest logistics park in the southern Europe that operates as a working laboratory to transfer new knowledge and best working practices.
Higher Education Program: Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Operations and Supply Chain Management)
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (License number: 2020-012).
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning.
Number of ECTS Credits: 90 ECTS
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Spend an optional week at Zaragoza Logistics Center – MIT Global Scale Network as part of your MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management program
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Ranked as TOP 50 by QS World University Rankings 2021
José Marques, Portugal
I studied for my Online Master with Operations and Supply Chain but had the opportunity to go on a Zaragoza Logistics Center Business Trip – one of the most important logistic and research centers, not only in Spain, but also in Europe. It was an incredible opportunity to witness the operations of the facility where businesses are conducting research projects and essentially influencing the future of supply chain management.
In partnership with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), we were also exposed to what this collaboration means, to understand the inner workings of these two powerful entities coming together in this strategic location to make an impact on global operations and supply chain management. We got acquainted with the latest innovative techniques and standards in the field of operations. This planned visit was very beneficial as it allowed us a glimpse at the career path and possibilities that lay ahead.
Get a degree applicable to all kinds of organisations from manufacturers, retailers, and hospitals, to banks, travel companies, sports clubs and non-for-profit organisations, among many others. Our Master with Operations & Supply Chain Management in Malta focuses on broadening students’ understanding of extensive business operations, marketing, finance, HR and project management, all with a specific focus on digital component.
Learn to design, plan and manage various business processes needed to transform resources into novel products and services within or between organizations. Grasp the digital tools and technical insights to be able to ensure high-performance when delivering sustainably maintained, international logistics systems.
Develop an industry focus through practical approach by attending guest speaker lectures, practical workshops, industrial visits, solving real-life case studies and working on hands-on assignments. Benefit from an optional week-away in Spain at the Zaragoza’s Logistics Platform Plaza.
Identify Fundamental Economic and Managerial Concepts
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Encompass Strategic, Operational and Tactical Levels of Business
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
Operations and Supply Chains Strategy and Finance (6 ECTS)
- Strategic Management, Planning and Structure
- Strategic Approaches to Analyzing the Position of an Organization
- Data and Strategy
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Aligning Corporate Strategy with Operations Strategy
- Building an Operating Model and Designing the Operations Network
- Fundamental Concepts of Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chains and Finance
- Supply Chain Management Trends and Best Practices
Drive Digital Transformation and Business Agility in Operations Management
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Supply Chains 4.0 for Digital Consumers (6 ECTS)
- Digital Economy and Its New Driving Forces
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Drucker’s 7 Sources of Innovation, Open Innovation
- Strategic Approaches to Managing Innovation
- Disruption Theory
- Digital Transformation Journey
- Digitalization of Business Processes
- Main Machine Learning (ML) Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The Fundamentals of Information Management
- Retail and E-Commerce Supply Chain and Omnichannel Operations
- Customer Service Operations Management
- Last Mile and Reverse Logistics
- Transformation of Supply Chains
- Implication, Components and Applications for Supply Chains 4.0
- Digitisation of the Supply Chain
- Selecting and Using Data and Analytics for Decision-Making
Align Your Supply Chain Management Goals to Broader Operations Objectives
Inventory, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management (6 ECTS)
International Logistics and Transport (6 ECTS)
- Inventory Models
- Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing
- Modern Distribution Systems
- Modes of Transport in a Modern Society
- Innovations in Air and Maritime Transport
- Modal, Intermodal, and Multimodal Transport
- S&OP: Sales and Operations Planning
- Contemporary Issues Facing Carrier Management
- Regulatory Frameworks for Different Transport Modes
- Freight Cost and Pricing
- Third-Party Logistics
- Trade and Customs Procedures
Conceptualize a Problem in Operations & Supply Chain Management and Demonstrate Your Expertise with a Wide-Ranging Final Project
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
GAIN A PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE:
Delve into the foundations of operations and supply chain management by analyzing systems of synchronization, coordinating the flow of products, information, and funds across various channels to different vendors and manufacturers.
COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION ACROSS BORDERS:
Learn the soft skills needed to be effective communicators and foster cultural empathy that allows for better teamwork on a global scale during your Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta.
EXPLORE OPERATIONS AND IDENTIFY SOLUTIONS:
Study systems and evaluate the management of business activities such as product development, sourcing, production and logistics, and the management of resources and related raw materials needed to meet organizational goals.
NETWORK WITH INDUSTRY LEADERS:
Develop a professional network with industry leaders during your Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta by engaging in online seminars with experts in operations and supply chain. Learn how innovation and technology are reshaping the field of operations and supply chain management by familiarizing yourself with the Zaragoza Logistics Center.
BECOME A PROFICIENT LEADER:
Earn your Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta and increase your capacity to lead and motivate teams successfully through practical activities that cover cooperation, administration, communications, and innovation.
Constant developments in the areas of globalization, digitization, and sustainability, among others, give rise to new logistical challenges to be solved by innovative leaders of tomorrow, which are always highly sought-after by the employers. Learn how to design and manage the future‘s most effective supply chains and get ready to respond to continuous rapid changes.
Our Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta students will acquire the latest theories, techniques, and skills to successfully define and implement the strategy for the operation or logistics of your company, from corporate social responsibility (CSR) to the social impact of the company. Serving as a platform for peer-to-peer coaching and reflection, the Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta graduates will step out as skilled experts and globally minded leaders ready to bring about change in organizations around the world.
What can you do with your degree? Below are some common examples of professions you can go into that will be in long-term demand:
A key to the management team, the Operations Manager improves organizational procedures, and bolsters quality, productivity, and efficiency within the workplace; they also oversee high-level HR duties, such as recruiting talent and developing training standards and hiring procedures.
Logistics Analysts oversee the whole production life of a product from the purchasing of materials to the distribution of goods within the framework of a company's mission and goals.
This individual is responsible for managing daily activities in purchasing to include capital project purchases, managing contracts including administering, negotiating, reviewing, renewing, filing, and assessing availability, price, and terms of contracting.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Supply Chain Managers are tasked with overseeing and handling a company's supply chain and logistics strategy and formulating procedures to guarantee the process is effectively managed while maintaining good relations with vendors and distributors.
PRODUCTION, PLANNING, AND EXPEDITING SPECIALIST
Production, Planning, and Expediting Specialists direct the flow of information, work, and materials within a business by scheduling employees, estimating costs, and tracking materials and production issues as they arise.
STORAGE AND DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
Storage and Distribution Managers select, supervise, and train employees involved in receiving, storing, testing, and distributing products safely and effectively.
Demand Planners generate and manage forecast models for their clients, integrating business intelligence and projections gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
A Load Planner’s job is to streamline all aspects of the freight transportation process, focusing on reducing shipment times by expediting routes and maximizing loads for various types of freight transport.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION MANAGER
This professional identifies and develops digital innovations to minimize, if not eliminate, operational inefficiencies and revolutionize work processes by understanding the digital experience and using data-driven methods to bolster customer digital engagement.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with Operations and Supply Chain in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (90 ECTS Credits)
13,490 EUR (Malta Residents: 8,750 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: