The Master in International Management (MSc) program at GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona is a unique Master’s program in international business management with a special focus on global aspects of business which has been designed to meet the evolving needs of today’s multinational companies and educate graduates who have international management skills, the knowledge of a foreign language and cross-cultural competencies.
The study program of the Master in International Management provides an in-depth examination of business issues ranging from the global economy to cross-cultural negotiations and leadership. Participants of the MSc International Business Management program learn how business is conducted within world regions, such as Asia, Latin America, Europe, Russia and CIS, and Africa, and improve their international management competencies in order to be prepared for successful careers in international business management in Spain, in Europe and anywhere in the world.
The Master in International Management program attracts students from various educational and cultural backgrounds and provides a truly international learning environment. As a result, students work, study and share experiences in a multicultural teams and expand their professional international management skills and knowledge to launch a globally oriented professional career.
MSc - Master in International Business Management awarded by GBSB Global Business School
Intakes: October, January and April
Full-time program: Monday to Friday - Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Intakes 2017: Maximum of 30 students per class
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course prior to your Master in International Business Management degree program
Language learning: All MSc International Business Management students can take a yearlong Spanish course through the MSc program. You can join the beginners, intermediate or advanced group depending on your current knowledge
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB throughout the academic year
Professional internship (optional): 3 to 6 months worldwide
Admissions requirements: MSc in International Business Management programs are primarily intended for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Economics.
However, students with other academic backgrounds or significant work experience, proficiency in English are still welcome to apply to these programs
Application deadline: Due to the modular format, applications to the Master in International Business Management are accepted all year round, however, because we have a student-centered learning approach, the number of seats per intake is limited. We recommend to apply in advance
The Master in International Business Management degree program from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of full-time studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits. For detailed course requirements, please refer to the outline of the Master in International Management curriculum.
Master in International Management prepares students to compete in the global market, manage businesses that cross national boundaries and function in the global business environment. The program consists of several blocks of courses that provide students with fundamental knowledge in all aspects of international business management:
- Understanding the Global Business Environment: The courses in this block aim to provide an analysis of the global economy and encourage an understanding of the relationship between international business and other actors in the global economy, such as national governments and international institutions.
- International Business Strategies: This is a field of study effectively addressed by the interdisciplinary issues of international marketing, global project management, business strategy and international management, and strategies of financing a business. During these courses students learn international management strategies which concentrate on maximizing the firm’s performance.
- Managerial Competencies for Global Leaders: The successful management of future challenges requires future business leaders to not only possess high professional qualifications but also a certain personality traits. The courses provide instructions on presentation techniques, ethics, and leadership.
- Transnational Competencies – Global Regions: The rise of globalization and cross-cultural exchange has flourished and businesses nowadays do more trade and production abroad than ever before. Under these circumstances a number of issues arise relating to the different business cultures, norms and lows of different societies. A skillful navigation of these issues is necessary for success in global business. The participants of the Master in International Management program study strategic management principles across most world markets: Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, Russia and CIS.
- Elective Courses: Elective courses are included in the curriculum of the Master in International Business Management program to provide an opportunity for each student to explore areas of interest that are not included in the core international management curriculum.
Why Study at GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona?
The Unique Program Design and Curriculum: The MSc International Business Management program prides itself on being the only innovative program in international management taught in English in Barcelona, Spain. The unique curriculum of the Master in International Management was designed in part by former and current business people from Europe who assisted with identifying key elements that are necessary for successful international business management and the development of managerial competencies. The curriculum is based on a diverse set of learning activities including lectures, group exercises, panel discussions and interaction with invited business leaders.
Development of a Global Mindset: The single most important factor in working in another country on an international assignment is the ability to accept and work within the culture, beliefs, and attitudes of that country. And this is where your Master in International Management becomes indispensible. Global corporations in Spain, in Europe, in Asia, in Latin America or elsewhere in the world need professionals with a global mindset who understand the political, cultural, and financial factors at play and can make educated, ethical decisions as a result.
Study in Barcelona: Location of Barcelona – between the bulk of Spain and the northern heart of Europe, and also facing the Mediterranean sea and the emerging markets of north Africa remains a strategic advantage for the economic success of Barcelona and for the international companies located in the city. It is not surprising, that Barcelona attracts highly qualified international professionals, embraces mobility, and serves as a development point for new ideas, products and services. Barcelona is a successful city in a globalized world!
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our Master in International Business Management degree program, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students wishing to participate in the Master in International Business Management degree program, please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master in International Business Management Degree Program, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.
Please click the following button to download the Master in International Business Management brochure: