FULL TIME - 12 months
PART TIME - 24 months
OCT | JAN | APR
Flexible 24/7 Studies
Prices valid from October 2022 Intake onwards
GBSB Global’s Online Master with Finance goes deeper than the foundational framework of banking and accounting to reveal the dynamic concepts, markets, and opportunities in traditional finance as well as digital banking. Earning an Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management with Finance (hereinafter – Online Master with Finance) will ready students for a very exciting career shaped by the transforming world of finance today.
The Online Master with Finance encompasses the central themes needed to navigate financial fields, including international macroeconomy, statistics, accounting, and corporate finance. In this concentrated degree program, students will learn to evaluate multifaceted finance and investment problems, solve real-world issues in corporate finance, discover financial market and institutions, financial modeling, investment analysis and portfolio management, derivatives and risk management, financial engineering, and financial policy and strategy. This master is geared specifically towards students attracted to a career in corporate finance, asset management, financial markets and institutions.
Higher Education Program: Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Finance)
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (License number: 2020-012).
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning.
Number of ECTS Credits: 90 ECTS
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Listed as One of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Teaching Quality
Ivan Mannino, Italy
Studying online is a great option. It allowed me to study and work at the same time, but it offers so much more than just flexibility.
In my FinTech course, I learned about the fundamentals in digital finance. We looked at Artificial Intelligence and were able to learn about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I was able to apply my knowledge and understanding to the conversations I was having with my stakeholders and colleagues.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in finance (EQF Level 7)
International professors with highly acclaimed business acumen
Invited speakers and workshops offered by successful professionals and business owners
Over 100 nationalities are represented by our student body
The Master with Finance in Malta program provides students with a deep understanding and solid knowledge of financial economics. Students will build a solid foundation of core financial topics, and will gain the ability to specialize with a variety of elective courses, including applied international financial management, asset management and alternative investments, global operations and more.
With the learning-by-doing approach, Master with Finance in Malta program offers numerous practical exercises, case studies, workshops with industry experts, company visits and guest speaker lectures, arming graduates with the necessary applied skills to take on real-life financial economic challenges on top of having a vast theoretical business acumen. GBSB Global’s close connections to the international business world open up excellent job perspectives for alumni in top financial positions upon graduation.
Develop Optimal Strategic Decision-Making in the Global Arena and Maximize Profits
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Engage with an Advanced Global Financial Management & Practice
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Advanced Corporate Finance (6 ECTS)
Financial Reporting and Analysis (6 ECTS)
- External Financial Statements and Making Informed Decisions
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Analysis, and Financial Planning and Control
- Capital Allocation, Retention and Distribution
- Ratios Related to the Company’s Financial Position and Profitability
- Financial Disclosures & Risk Assessment, Forecasting, and Decision‐making
- Financial Valuation & Corporate Valuation Techniques
- Capital Structure Theories
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Develop Top-notch Managerial Skills by Focusing on Digital Transformation, Operations & Leadership
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Navigate with Confidence Though the Global Financial Markets by Understanding Economic and Geopolitical Forces
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
Global Financial Markets and Instruments (6 ECTS)
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Performance of Global Financial Markets in Different Economic and Political Contexts
- The Role of Capital Markets in Economic Growth
- Global Fixed-Income Markets
- Global Equity Markets
- Derivatives & Risk Management
- Sourcing Funding from the Capital Markets
- Investing in Different Types of Financial Instruments
Offer Financial Services to International Clients & Develop Comprehensive Portfolio Strategies
International Banking, Insurance, and Financial Services (6 ECTS)
Asset Management and Alternative Investments (6 ECTS)
- Financial Services Industry Environment
- Main Activities of the Banks
- Performance of Major Financial Organizations
- The Insurance Industry
- Types of Insurance Regulation
- Asset Management and Asset Pricing Models
- Modern Portfolio Theory
- Changing Characteristics of the Banking Industry
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Asset Allocation
- Global Private Equity Business
- Commodities as an Alternative Investment Strategy
- Real Estate as an Alternative Investment Strategy
Demonstrate Your Analytical an International Finance Competences with a Detailed Final Project
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
CAREER PREPARATION IN FINANCE:
Fine tune your analytical skills and learn about the numerous avenues in finance available to skilled professionals ready to meet industry demands.
CAREER BENEFITS ABOUND IN AN INDUSTRY IN HIGH DEMAND:
Gain the knowledge and understanding to be confident in a field of that is highly competitive and in need of quailed professionals. Find employment with a multinational lender, work for a private brokerage house or investments company. The opportunities are vast, especially in the age of digitalization. The career can be increasingly lucrative.
ENTER A GROWING INDUSTRY:
Foster the skills needed to effectively communicate, negotiate, and build relationships. While the financial sector has seen a share of ups and downs in recent history, it is one industry that is constantly advancing and developing with new trends and technologies across the globe, providing a secure career well into the future.
DEVELOP A STRONG CV:
Cultivate an understanding of the complex systems and legalities across a series of financial functions. Learn not only about the traditional principles in finance but become a multi-functional finance professional prepared to take the lead offering solutions to complex financial questions.
GBSB Global’s Management Online Master with Finance program includes intensive coursework, a global outlook, and a concentrated commitment to ethical values.
In the GBSB Global Management Online Master with Finance program, students will establish a solid grounding in finance with an accelerated core curriculum, in addition to the flexibility of tailoring the learning experience to their career goals. Students gain the technical skills to create innovative solutions in all aspects of management and finance.
Here are a few examples of possible careers in Finance:
ACCOUNTANT OR AUDITOR
Accountants and Auditors examine financial statements for accuracy and conformance with laws, making sure data risks are evaluated to ensure organizations are operated efficiently.
A Credit Analyst is tasked with evaluating a loan applicant's ability to repay the loan and recommending that it be approved or denied.
Financial Analysts are responsible for financial planning, analysis, and forecasting future projections for companies and corporations to establish capital budgets.
Traders buy and sell securities in a variety of financial markets, either for themselves personally, on behalf of another or a business, by sourcing economic data and trends to predict the success or failure of securities.
Budget Analysts develop budget reports and examine spending for an organization.
Risk Specialists are financial managers that embrace specific training, skills, and experience to isolate possible risks that could result in a decreased cash flow and higher insurance rates for the business.
Investment Bankers serve as financial advisors to corporations and, in some cases, to governments, helping their customers raise money by issuing stocks, floating bonds, negotiating the acquisition of a company, or orchestrating the transfer of the company itself.
Financial Managers create financial reports, lead investment activities, and develop plans for the long-term financial goals and ultimately the health of their organization.
Careers You Can Achieve with a MIM with Finance
Want to get ahead in the finance industry? Study for your Online Master with Finance delivered with modern concerns and digital advancements at the core of its curriculum.
At GSBB Global, we use innovative technologies, advanced methodologies, and case studies to prepare students with the competencies needed to be competitive in this ever-expanding field. Through hands-on workshops, expert led talks, and networking opportunities students will gain an exceptional education that can feed into many facets of the finance industry with ease.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Finance, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (90 ECTS Credits)
Prices valid from October 2022 Intake onwards
Tuition Fee per Quarter (20 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: