Are you passionate about sports and business? Earn your Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Sports Management) (hereinafter – Online Master with Sports Management) degree with GBSB Global Business School and enter the international multibillion dollar sports market. A booming business sector, the sports industry is constantly developing, with a particular uptick in eSports, creating more jobs for digitally skilled professionals. Armed with both digital and business acumen, GBSB Global’s graduates will qualify as high in-demand professionals perfect for a multifaceted sports niche, suitable not only for skilled athletes but also offering plenty of opportunities for business-minded talent from marketing and operations to sales, coaching, and beyond.
The focus of our Online Master with Sports Management is on developing critical thinking, effective leadership strategies and agile methodologies, enabling students to solve real-life sports administration problems. GBSB Global’s Online Master with Sports Management is structured towards teaching students how to identify, monitor, manage, and influence the business dynamics and functions that normally drive sports organizations.
Sports business management professionals handle the behind-the-scenes activities, such as finance, marketing, leadership, facility operations, and event organization. GBSB Global Online Master with Sports Management graduates can anticipate working as team managers, athletic directors, sports agents and recruiters, marketing, and PR professionals, and more. With campuses in Madrid and Barcelona, well-renowned sports hubs, GBSB Global will open the door to a new network of high-profile professionals and organizations that work with some of the greatest names in sports. Being one of the leaders in the world of e-Sports, Malta also boasts noteworthy opportunities as the country hosts the annual International Gaming Conference providing students with another gateway to explore.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Get an optional certificate from the United States Sports Academy
Mostafa Tarek, Egypt
I have always had a passion for football ever since the early childhood and I so I became a professional football player. With years, as I got experience in other fields, I began shifting my career towards marketing in sports management. It was a natural progression.
I chose GBSB Global for the school’s capacity to network with major sports organizations and foster professional relationships. During my Master I was accepted as an organizer of the FIFA World Cup 2018.
GBSB Global was also a great informational resource. The amazing professors and my multi-talented classmates were huge assets. They all mentored me and helped me gain my footing within the industry.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Sports Management (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with a wide variety of experience in Sports Management
Specialized speakers and expert workshops delivered by leaders in the sports industry
100+ nationalities represented by our student body
GBSB Global’s Online Master with Sports Management was developed to help students acquire fundamental business management knowledge alongside specialized skills and practices critical for the success in the sports industry.
Students are taught a combination of essential business management modules and specialized courses in sports management and e-sports. The extensive Online Master with Sports Management curriculum covers the basics from principles of cost and accounting, leadership and organizational behavior, and growth management, to sports management and economics, public relations and mass media communication, also tapping into digital innovation for graduates to know how to drive necessary transformations and augment business outcomes. Equipped with a broad knowledge on the dynamics of this market, graduates are prepared for a variety of career opportunities across the international scene.
Students will be assessed on a combination of attendance, participation, individual assignments, group assignments and exams.
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
Sports Business Management and Strategy (6 ECTS)
Global Sports Business and Industry (6 ECTS)
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Talent Development and Management (6 ECTS)
Strategic Marketing (6 ECTS)
Sports Marketing, Promotion, and Event Management (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
ORGANIZATION OF SPORTS MANAGEMENT:
Online Master with Sports Management students will discover how multifaced the field of sports management is and how the legal contracts, marketing initiatives, sales, and operations are interconnected.
ENTERPRISE AND OPERATIONS:
Gain the essential business acumen such as finance, accounting, and administration, needed to oversee multiple departments within the organization and lead teams effectively.
MARKETING FOR SPORTS:
Examine what successful sports marketing looks like from product, price, place, and promotion to marketing research, strategy, segmentation, branding, sponsors, venue licensing and event management, global marketing, and public relations.
WORLDWIDE SPORTS ADMINISTRATION:
Cultivate the cultural aptitude to traverse borders and work with a diverse network of professionals and athletes by sharpening your communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Find a niche market in events during your Online Master with Sports Management. If you enjoy planning, organizing and executing functions from triathlons to tennis tournaments, concerts to charity games and everything in between, GBSB Global will prepare you with the tools and know how to plan small- and large-scale events.
GBSB Global’s Online Master with Sports Management concentrates on core business theory in addition to specialized sports industry themes, including events organization, PR and marketing, contracting, budgeting, and sales management. The intention is to provide students with the expertise to navigate diverse sports-related matters and beyond, as an all-round business professional with a comprehensive theoretical and practical acumen.
Sports management can be pursued on a local, regional, national, and international scale and can include various institutions - municipal recreation, private organizations, collective associations, nationally sponsored sports functions, amateur sports, college-level athletics, or professional events and athletes. Online Master with Sports Management graduates will be prepared to dive into this dynamic business environment with everything that it covers.
See a selection of Sports Management careers you can possibly explore as an Online Master with Sports Management diploma holder:
ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Athlete Development Specialists work with athletes to uncover opportunities to shine in their sport while minimizing any hurdles that may impede their progress as they aspire to greater levels in their career.
The duty of an athletic director is to manage all facets of the athletic programming of a school or institution. This involves the hiring of staff and coaches, purchasing equipment and uniforms for teams, and promoting events, matches, and meets.
Contract Administrators develop, negotiate, and appraise contracts on behalf of an organization or individual. They are responsible for guaranteeing both parties are complicit within the terms of the contract.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATION MANAGER
Contract Negotiation Managers represent the athlete or organization in the formal dealings of the contract. Whether negotiating the salary or parameters of an event, these professionals need to be good at communications and knowledgeable in the field of their expertise.
Event coordinators’ main duties include selecting venues, determining the cost, arranging entertainment, food, and beverage, in addition to seeking client approval. They may work independently or for an event management company.
On a typical workday, sports facility directors may be involved in scheduling practice sessions, keeping inventory of supplies, preparing a budgeting plan, setting up property security systems, organizing evacuation routes, arranging for equipment repairs, and ordering new equipment if needed.
Sports agents act as professional managers for athletes and represent them in contract negotiations and overseeing their finances. Other responsibilities include supervising contract negotiations, public relations issues, and multi-media management.
SPORTS MARKETING MANAGER
The position of a sports marketing manager is to endorse sports brands, such as a team or league. The primary role of sports marketing managers is to design marketing campaigns in the realm of advertising, branding and promotions to support a team's revenue goals.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Sports Management, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: