FinTech innovations affect everything from large, traditional banks to your family-owned, small business. Whether you’re currently a financial services professional or just starting your career search, earning your Master of Science (MSc) in Management (FinTech & Digital Banking) in Malta (hereinafter - FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta) will make you a high-demand, marketable graduate and a professional with vital 21st-century skills. The financial sector is in over-drive and investing in the Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta will see your career take off.
FinTech has rapidly developed through machine learning, and blockchain technology has overhauled the financial services industry equally from the back end through to customer-facing applications. In line with this transformation, business models have had to be rewritten to adapt.
Earning a Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta will prepare students for the very dynamic sphere of technology that has the potential to alter how the world handles its finances moving forward. Learn how the financial sector intends to manage this change – be at the frontline, working with the latest technology that will impact nearly every aspect of our lives in the foreseeable future. These financial refinements will shape markets, transactions, and globalization on a macroscale.
The banking industry is seeing an increased use of artificial intelligence to manage mediocre financial services so that institutions can employ human capital for more intellectual responsibilities. Gaining a foundation in what Fintech has to offer helps business owners comprehend what's feasible today and how to flourish in this ever-changing world. GBSB Global’s Management Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta will prepare you to meet the demand. Jump into a field that will be at the forefront of innovation, challenging tradition and taking tech to a whole level.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Ranked as TOP150 Worldwide by QS World University Rankings 2021
One of the fastest growing, in-demand industries, FinTech is changing the way society engages with the financial sector. Be at the forefront of change.
GBSB Global, a leader and pioneer having offered the first Master in Financial Management, Digital Banking, and Internet Finance in Spain, is charting the way for professionals to get ahead by equipping them with the latest skills and tools in line with the changing times.
Learn about the challenges and opportunities the banking sector faces today. The financial services sector is changing with the rapid advancements in digital technologies and there is a greater call than ever for professionals versed with the knowledge and ability to adapt to market volatility and foster innovative solutions. Earn your Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta and build a successful career in the Digital Age.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in FinTech & Digital Banking (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with real-world business experience
Invited speakers and professional workshops presented by authorities in the field and innovation specialists
More than 100 nationalities represented on campus
GBSB Global’s Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta is a state-of-the-art degree program offering a large variety of topics on financial economics. Tailored for ambitious individuals interested in learning about modern finance, eager to solve real-life financial problems, this novel program comprises core and topic-specific courses from business operations and project management, to corporate finance, global investments, and financial innovations with a digital focus.
Build a systematic understanding of the driving forces behind companies, markets, and economies, and delve into the world of digital banking, exploring traditional and innovative business models, crypto-economy principles, international insurance, big data, and much more, with our Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta.
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
FinTech in Traditional and Innovative Business Models (6 ECTS)
International Banking, Insurance, and Financial Services (6 ECTS)
Tokenomics and Cryptocurrency Markets (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCES OF GLOBAL MANAGERS:
Study for your Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta and foster new leadership, communication, presentation, and cross-cultural negotiation skills that will provide you with the framework to work across borders and with all levels of society.
UNDERSTANDING THE LEGAL AND ECONOMIC SETTING:
Businesses in Europe and around the globe are interwoven by advancements in globalization. If one major event impacts a region, this can be felt as an economic ripple that spreads worldwide. Learn about today’s economic and legal networks and see for yourself how they influence financial management.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL MODELING:
A series of financial courses that include reporting, financial management and accounting operations.
BIG DATA AND RESEARCH ANALYSIS:
The world revolves around big data, from finance to advertising and beyond. Become proficient with the numerical and quantitative methods used in economical and digital financial management to analyze large volumes of data.
INNOVATION IN FINANCE: FUNDEMENTALS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
Fintech companies are upending traditional banking and changing the way society interreacts with financial services, chiefly focused on three sectors- payments, lending, and personal finance. Offering cheaper, faster, and better communications the competition benefits consumer usability. Earning your Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta will prepare you with the best practices in finance, capitalizing on the demand to be successful in navigating markets today.
NEW CLIENT RELATIONS IN DIGITAL BANKING:
Learn about digital banking and how to offer the best customer service as it relates to new offers in debit/credit cards, mobile and internet banking platforms, ATMs, and PoS.
Financial Technology (Fintech) seeks to improve and automate the delivery and use of financial services. Fintech startups are among the fastest growing organizations with global Fintech becoming more widespread by the day through technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence upending traditional financial services.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta will prepare students with the digital competencies, business and economic acumen, analytic skills, and understanding of regulations to launch a successful career in this transformative industry that is ever evolving.
Here are some careers that will open the door to a profession that will be in long-term demand:
A Cryptocurrency Analyst scrutinizes and predicts trends, pricing, demand, and trading capacities of any number of cryptocurrencies existing on the market.
Blockchain Managers are responsible for monitoring resources and reporting, overseeing security procedures, transaction management systems, and developing features that address issues that arise from operating.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Application Development Managers supervise a team that monitors, analyzes, designs, and develops a company's computer software applications along with upgrading outdated systems to keep the business operational.
Compliance Specialists inspect, review, and assess regulatory changes within a company’s operations, delivering advice and detailed procedures to guarantee full compliance.
These professionals safeguard a company’s hardware, software, and networks from cybercriminals by investigating its IT infrastructure, monitoring it, and assessing threats that could possibly breach the network.
A Data Specialist's job is to adapt a company’s raw data and translate it into accessible formats for investors and clients.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Customer Service Representatives assist customers with questions and grievances, inform customers about products and services, take orders, with a goal of securing a sale, and process returns.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION MANAGER
These individuals design, develop, and implement digital and innovative strategies through planning, executing, and reporting to financial service clients.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING SPECIALIST
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialists work in cognitive simulation, in which computers are used to “think smart” testing hypotheses about how the human mind works.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with FinTech & Digital Banking in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
3,300 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: