Master in Fintech & Digital Banking In Barcelona
FinTech and digital banking are the new factions in the world of traditional finance, and they represent the future of financial services worldwide. Terms like P2P lending, crowdfunding, and virtual money payments are often associated with this realm of finance. Technological advancements have changed the nature, approach, and market landscape of the finance industry. Just as e-commerce and online marketing funnels have disrupted traditional business, every stage of international financial management is also being affected.
The postgraduate diploma in FinTech and Digital Banking in Barcelona (hereinafter - Master in FinTech & Digital Banking in Barcelona) is transforming the way international financial management is being taught in business schools and universities in Europe.
The world of FinTech offers a wealth of attractive options for professionals who want to future-proof their careers. Maximizing opportunities in the industry requires not only knowing how to get a job in FinTech but also having the right skills and knowledge to make the most of that job. The Master in FinTech and Digital Banking in Barcelona equips students with all the necessary skills and competencies to be successful in this exciting industry.
GBSB Global Business School is accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education and delivers postgraduate diplomas (a minimum of 62 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7) face-to-face from our campus in Barcelona, Spain. Once you’ve met the requirements of an exit award, terminate your studies by proceeding to the Master of Science in Management (FinTech and Digital Banking) (90 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7), by completing the last quarter of your studies online.
Higher Education Program: Postgraduate Diploma in FinTech and Digital Banking
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized and state-accredited qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by MFHEA (License number: 2020-012) and accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education (Centre Number: 08077794)
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning
Number of ECTS Credits: A minimum of 62 ECTS
Master of Science (MSc) in Management (FinTech and Digital Banking) (90 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7), an officially recognized and state-accredited qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School in Malta, licensed as Higher Education Institution by MFHEA (License number: 2020-012)
Rankings, Accreditations And Partnerships
Fintech, the application of digital technology to financial services, is reshaping the future of finance. The ongoing digitization of financial services and money creates opportunities to build more inclusive and efficient financial services and promote economic development. GBSB Global, a leader and pioneer having offered the first Master in FinTech and Digital Banking in Spain and in Europe, is changing the way finance professionals get ahead by providing them with the practical FinTech and digital banking skills and tools in line with the market demands.
Foster beneficial innovation and competition, while managing the risks in the financial industry with a postgraduate degree in fintech.The financial services sector is changing with the rapid advancements in digital technologies and there is a greater call than ever for professionals equipped with the competencies to adapt to market volatility and foster innovative solutions in finance. Earn your Master in FinTech & Digital Banking in Barcelona and anticipate market structure tendencies and proactively shape them to foster competition in the financial sector.
Financial Technology (Fintech) refers to the technological innovation in the design and delivery of financial services and products. FinTech market is growing at an incredible pace. A glance at the fintech market overview is enough to understand that the industry is booming, and is set to continue doing so.
GBSB Global’s Master in FinTech & Digital Banking in Barcelona will equip students with the digital competencies, business and economic knowledge, analytic and big data skills, and understanding of regulations to start a thriving career in this innovative industry that is constantly evolving.
Here are some career options in FinTech and Digital Banking that will open the door to a desired profession after you graduate with a Master's in FinTech & Digital Banking from GBSB Global Business School.
Pave The Way As A Skilled Global Leader & Manager
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Disrupt Conventional Financial Practices Through Technological Innovation
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
FinTech in Traditional and Innovative Business Models (6 ECTS)
- Digital Economy and Its New Driving Forces
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Drucker’s 7 Sources of Innovation, Open Innovation
- Strategic Approaches to Managing Innovation
- Disruption Theory
- Digital Transformation Journey
- FinTech Market and Environment
- Banking 2.0 Technologies
- Technologies for Investment and Insurance
- Open API for Banks and Insurance Companies
- The Paradigm Shift in the Finance Industry
- Peer-to-Peer Networks
Gain Insight Into Global Fintech Regulations And Emerging Policies
Blockchain and Crypto-Economy Regulation & Governance (6 ECTS)
Formulate Effective Business Strategies Using Blockchain, Analytics, And Big Data
Algorithmic Finance and Big Data (6 ECTS)
Comprehend The Impact Of Fintech On International Banking And Explore Cryptocurrency Markets
International Banking, Insurance, and Financial Services (6 ECTS)
Tokenomics and Cryptocurrency Markets (6 ECTS)
- Financial Services Industry Environment
- Changing Characteristics of the Banking Industry
- Main Activities of the Banks
- Performance of Major Financial Organizations
- The Insurance Industry
- Types of Insurance Regulation
- Token-base Unit. Crypto Token and Other Types
- Tokenised Relationship of Economic Agents
- The Project Economy Tokenisation
- Tokens and Their Taxonomy
- Primary Token Market
- Secondary Coin Market
- Blockchain Business Intelligence
- Issues in Cryptocurrency Taxation and Accounting
Lead And Manage Teams And Projects To Successfully Launch Fintech Initiatives
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Exhibit Your Comprehensive Business Acumen With A Final Project In Fintech
Final Project (Capstone)
The Capstone Project is a mandatory requirement for Master's students. It represents a conclusion of a student’s academic and intellectual experience. For Capstone, learners must apply their education to investigate a specific problem or idea within their area of specialization. The call to action is to identify a real-world problem and the use acquired skills and techniques to develop a solution that speaks to the problem. Students have the freedom to choose from various options when creating their Final Project, including research-focused or problem-solving-oriented tactics. The solutions presented are typically interactive and pragmatic, meaning they can be put into practice in their professional life or further research and study.
Finish Your Master's Studies Successfully By Employing Strategic Management And Demonstrating Comprehension Of The Global Economy And Geopolitics
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS) (Online)
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS) (Online)
- Principles of Behavioral Economics
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Causes of Globalization
- Strategic Management, Planning and Structure
- Strategic Approaches to Analyzing the Position of an Organization
- Data and Strategy
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in the specialization area;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management within the domain of the specialization area;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in the specialization area. These include ideas that support the modeling and management of the decisions;
- Has relevant knowledge of organizations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies.
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of the specialization area to make decisions adapt to the fast-changing business environment and to efficiently manage people and projects within the specialization area in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Possesses specialized problem-solving skills in the specialization area required to develop new knowledge and procedures to solve practical problems;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of the specialization area including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest;
- Demonstrates capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge of management that includes reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the execution of the managerial function;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies.
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Manages and transforms work or study contexts in the field of specialization that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Has the learning skills to allow continuation to study specialization area in a manner that may be largely self-directed or autonomous;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields chosen as an elective option in the graduate program and makes judgments with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of specialization and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Takes responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in a specific industry/functional area of personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
What You Will Learn
Managerial Proficiencies Of Global Managers:
Enroll in the Master in FinTech and Digital Banking program in Barcelona to develop leadership, communication, presentation, and cross-cultural negotiation skills necessary for effective financial management on an international level.
Recognizing The Legal And Economic Environment:
Companies worldwide are globalized and impacted by external factors. Study the economic and legal environments to understand their influence on financial management.
Accounting And Financial Management:
A series of finance courses covering reporting, financial management, and accounting operations.
Big Data And Algorithmic Finance:
Enormous amounts of electronic data power the world today. Learn numerical and quantitative methods in the areas of economy and digital financial management to efficiently evaluate large amounts of data.
International Banking, Insurance, And Financial Services:
Stay up to date with the latest offerings in debit/credit cards, mobile and internet banking platforms, ATMs, and PoS by exploring the digital banking market.
Cryptocurrency Markets & Blockchain:
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies will revolutionize transaction processes just as the internet revolutionized communication. As an emerging fintech, cryptocurrencies offer opportunities and challenges. Gain insight into these challenges with the Master in FinTech and Digital Banking program in Barcelona.
GBSB Global's Master in FinTech & Digital Banking in Barcelona is an innovative program that covers a wide range of topics in the areas of financial management, FinTech, and digital banking. The program is designed for students who are curious and willing to learn about modern finance and approaches to solving real-life financial problems. This modern program incorporates core and specialized modules, ranging from finance for management to economics and geopolitics, to FinTech in traditional and innovative business models, as well as innovations such as blockchain and algorithmic finance. With the Master in FinTech & Digital Banking in Barcelona, students can identify FinTech markets and technologies that will enable growth and operations while grasping the latest trends in FinTech and digital banking. Graduates will gain essential FinTech intelligence to stay ahead of the market with a postgraduate degree in Barcelona.
A Cryptocurrency Analyst looks very carefully at different types of digital money that people use to buy things online. They try to figure out how much people will want to use each type of currency, how much they will cost, and how people will buy and sell them.
A Blockchain Manager oversees the implementation and maintenance of Blockchain technology. They are responsible for ensuring that the technology is operating correctly, making sure that it is secure, and working with other departments within the organization to integrate Blockchain into their systems.
Application Development Manager
An Application Development Manager oversees the creation and maintenance of software applications within an organization. They are responsible for managing a team of developers and ensuring that software development projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the needs of the organization.
A Compliance Specialist is a professional who ensures that an organization is following all the applicable laws, regulations, and policies related to its industry. They are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the organization's compliance efforts, identifying potential areas of risk, and developing compliance policies and procedures to mitigate those risks.
This specialist works to protect an organization's computer systems and networks from cyberattacks. They are responsible for identifying potential security risks, implementing security measures, and monitoring the organization's systems to detect and respond to security breaches.
A Data Specialist is a professional who manages and analyzes large sets of data to help organizations make informed decisions.
Customer Service Representative
A Customer Service Representative interacts with customers on behalf of a company to answer their questions, resolve their issues, and provide information about products or services. They may communicate with customers in various ways, including over the phone, through email or chat, or in-person.
Digital Transformation And Innovation Manager
These professionals help organizations use technology to improve their business processes and innovate new products or services. They are responsible for identifying ways to integrate technology into the organization's operations, research new technologies and trends, and work with other departments to develop and implement digital strategies.
Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Specialist
An Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Specialist uses computer algorithms to help machines learn and make decisions without being explicitly programmed. They are responsible for developing and implementing algorithms that enable machines to learn from data and make predictions or decisions based on that learning.
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master in FinTech & Digital Banking in Barcelona, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum); or
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Non-refundable Application Fee
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Master’s Program Duration: 3 Quarters + 1 Quarter Online = 12 Months of Studies
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.