Master in Digital Business And Innovation In Barcelona
GBSB Global Business School’s postgraduate diploma in Digital Business and Innovation (hereinafter – Master in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona) aims to meet the challenges of the business world which is transforming with the advancements in technology.
The Master in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona prepares students to compete in a highly digitalized economy, providing them with skills training in social media, online advertising, digital marketing, big data management and analytics. These competencies give students the cutting edge over their peers. Lead the transformation and change the way the world conducts business by earning a postgraduate degree in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona.
This Master program offered in Spain and taught entirely in English is one of the most innovative, offering students the most comprehensive education around. GBSB Global’s lecturers are practicing professionals and provide both experience and insight into the world of digital business by using a range of multimedia teaching techniques and methodologies. Embody the advancements in technology and be the change the world needs today. There is no limit to the success you can achieve earning a Master in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona.
GBSB Global Business School is accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education and delivers postgraduate diplomas (a minimum of 62 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7) face-to-face from our campus in Barcelona, Spain. Once you’ve met the requirements of an exit award, terminate your studies by proceeding to the Master of Science in Management (Digital Business and Innovation) (90 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7) studies, by completing the last quarter of your studies online.
Higher Education Program: Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Business and Innovation
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized and state-accredited qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by MFHEA (License number: 2020-012) and accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education (Centre Number: 08077794)
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 7 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning
Number of ECTS Credits: A minimum of 62 ECTS
Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Digital Business and Innovation) (90 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 7), an officially recognized and state-accredited qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School in Malta, licensed as Higher Education Institution by MFHEA (License number: 2020-012)
Rankings, Accreditations And Partnerships
The students found the Master with Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona to be the perfect combination of their interests. They particularly enjoyed the curriculum's focus on product innovation management, design thinking, and entrepreneurship, as these subjects confirmed their future career aspirations.
Business innovation is a highly creative field that allows for a different perspective on business and encourages critical thinking. With the fast pace of startups, innovation is the only way to stay ahead in the business world.
Digital technologies have advanced more rapidly than any innovation in our history, but how exactly and what are the consequences? GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona has designed a Master in Digital Business and Innovation program to provide students with answers to these questions and understand the connection between business and digital technology in the long term. The curriculum covers digital business practices and tools and their application in business innovation management and includes such topics as chatbots, artificial intelligence, social media, ecommerce, and digital strategy. Students will learn how to manage successful digital businesses, and reinvent existing services, processes and business models with the use of new digital technologies. Become a digital business professional with a Master in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona prepared to meet digitalization and innovation challenges, equipped with practical skills, knowledge and competencies in the area of digital business, modern technologies, and business innovation management. GBSB Global’s graduates are very successful in their careers, especially in companies that undergo a process of digital transformation and that look for skilled and talented employees to support a smooth transition.
Get Skilled In Professional Leadership, Project Management And Financial Perfomance Control
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Learn The Core Concepts Of Digital Business Strategy & Transformation
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
- Digital Economy and Its New Driving Forces
- Digital Strategy and Transformation
- Drucker’s 7 Sources of Innovation, Open Innovation
- Strategic Approaches to Managing Innovation
- Disruption Theory
- Digital Transformation Journey
Design And Integrate Comprehensive Digital Business Models & Use Business Intelligence In Managing A Digital Business
Digital Business Models for the New Economy (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
- The Architecture of Digital Business Models
- The Tools Required to Design a Digital Business Model
- Design Thinking Model
- Lean Start-up Concepts
- Business Model Digitalization
- Main Machine Learning (ML) Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The Fundamentals of Information Management
Digitalize Business Processes And Operations
Supply Chains 4.0 for Digital Consumers (6 ECTS)
Operations Management (6 ECTS)
- Retail and E-Commerce Supply Chain and Omnichannel Operations
- Customer Service Operations Management
- Last Mile and Reverse Logistics
- Transformation of Supply Chains
- Implication, Components and Applications for Supply Chains 4.0
- Digitization of the Supply Chain
- Selecting and Using Data and Analytics for Decision-Making
Navigate Digital Platforms By Using Web And Mobile Marketing For A Digital Business
Digital Platforms and Ecosystems (6 ECTS)
Web and Mobile Marketing (6 ECTS)
- Platform Economy and Businesses
- Key Challenges When Designing a Digital Platform Strategy
- Multi Sided Platform
- Ecosystem-focused Framework
- Ecosystems in the Web and Mobile Market
- Data Protection and Privacy Issues in Web and Mobile Marketing
- Governance Challenges (Openness/ Accessibility of the Platform)
- User Experience (UX), Responsive Design and Customer Journey
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Email Marketing
- Appstore Search Optimization (ASO)
- Monetization Approaches in Mobile Marketing
- Omnichannel Marketing
Use Your Knowledge Of Digital Business Management In A Comprehensive Final Project
Final Project (Capstone)
To graduate with the Master in Digital Business and Innovation, students must participate in the Final Capstone Project. This multilayered task is a comprehensive test of the knowledge and skills that learners have attained during their Master program. Each graduate must identify a common real-world problem within their area of expertise. Then, using their specialized skills and know-how – must work to develop feasible solutions to the problem. The solutions could be theoretical or practical, with a focus on interactivity and realistic ideas that could easily be translated into professional life or further research and study.
Terminate Your Master’S Studies By Developing The Right Tactics With Strategic Management And An Understanding Of The Global Economy & Geopolitics
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS) (Online)
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS) (Online)
- Principles of Behavioral Economics
- Geopolitics and Geo-economics Methodologies
- Causes of Globalization
- Strategic Management, Planning and Structure
- Strategic Approaches to Analyzing the Position of an Organization
- Data and Strategy
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in the specialization area;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management within the domain of the specialization area;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in the specialization area. These include ideas that support the modeling and management of the decisions;
- Has relevant knowledge of organizations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies.
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of the specialization area to make decisions adapt to the fast-changing business environment and to efficiently manage people and projects within the specialization area in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Possesses specialized problem-solving skills in the specialization area required to develop new knowledge and procedures to solve practical problems;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of the specialization area including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest;
- Demonstrates capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge of management that includes reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the execution of the managerial function;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies.
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Manages and transforms work or study contexts in the field of specialization that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Has the learning skills to allow continuation to study specialization area in a manner that may be largely self-directed or autonomous;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields chosen as an elective option in the graduate program and makes judgments with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of specialization and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Takes responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in a specific industry/functional area of personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
What You Will Learn
Soft Skills & Global Leadership:
Gain confidence exercising presentation skills, corporate ethics, leadership, and international negotiation methods.
Digital Business Processes:
To meet high customer expectations, companies must accelerate the digitization of their business processes. But they should go beyond simply automating an existing process. Successful companies are reinventing processes, challenging everything related to an existing process and rebuilding it using cutting-edge digital technology.
Digital Business Strategies:
Digital strategies are used to define organizational directives and specify how new competitive advantages are manipulated using technology. Learn to employ digital initiatives to achieve company goals with a Master in Digital Marketing and Innovation in Barcelona.
Digital Platforms & Ecosystems:
Digital Platforms are a key component of a corporation's digital transformation, creating an online space for transactions and interaction between a business and consumers. Managing digital platforms presents new challenges with a constant evolvement of the digital business environment; these issues are addressed in the curriculum of the Master in Digital Marketing and Innovation in Barcelona.
Design Thinking & The Agile Methodologies:
Use innovative learning methods to understand the alternatives to traditional project management while studying digital business in Barcelona.
Digital technologies help enterprises work smarter, get closer to customers and innovate to success in the constantly changing business world. Master in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona students build on core strengths of digital applications, data engineering and design thinking to meet evolving business needs. As a Microsoft Showcase School, you can expect to be armed with state-of-the-art digital tools and use them efficiently in your future career. Learn first-hand from our lecturers who are business experts and use knowledge to overcome obstacles and land a job in the area of digital business and innovation.
Explore your career prospects within Digital Business:
Innovation Managers oversee the creative process that involves strategy and culture fit to create the right corporate environment. They encourage experimentation, brainstorming and strategic thinking to optimize the company's goals and objectives.
Digital Business Development Manager
A Digital Business Development Manager is responsible for helping a company grow their online presence and revenue. They identify new digital business opportunities, create strategies for reaching and engaging customers online, and collaborate with various teams to implement those strategies. Their main goal is to increase the company's digital footprint and profitability.
Digital Transformation and Strategy Manager
The Digital Transformation and Strategy Manager gives advice to clients on how to use digital technology to improve their business, and helps them make changes to their programs. They also work with a team to create and test new digital products.
Intrapreneurial Project Manager
Intrapreneurial Project Managers make sure their projects are in line with the company's goals, plan out each step of the project, lead teams, achieve goals, and communicate concisely to all stakeholders regarding the results.
New Product Development Manager
A New Product Development Manager oversees their team in researching, evaluating, and organizing the creation of a new product with the focus of making it better and more useful for customers.
A Knowledge Manager is responsible for organizing and sharing an organization's knowledge and information with relevant stakeholders and investors, both internally and externally.
Digital Start-Up Founder
A Digital Start-up Founder is someone who starts an online business. They source or raise funds, gather resources and inventory, and promote their brand.
Digital Firm and Start-up Financial Analyst
Digital Firm and Start-up Financial Analysts look at numbers and information about money, the economy, and statistics. They use this information to figure out if it's a good idea to invest in something or make financial choices.
Incubator And Accelerator Manager
The Manager in charge of Incubators and Accelerators builds connections with start-up companies, incubators, and accelerators by providing them with technical support, industry contacts, and advice on how to run a business.
External Technology/Innovation Manager
External Technology/Innovation Managers are knowledgeable about current software and technology trends. They explain how these trends will affect and improve business operations.
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master in Digital Business and Innovation in Barcelona, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum); or
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Non-refundable Application Fee
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Master’s Program Duration: 3 Quarters + 1 Quarter Online = 12 Months of Studies
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.