|Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management has been ranked within five best masters in the area of luxury in Spain by the leading national web portals Deluxes.net and Finanzas.com|
Respond to the complex and fast-changing world of fashion and luxury business management on this innovative and comprehensive graduate program. Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management in Barcelona, Spain is designed for students who are interested in business, management and fashion and luxury goods industry. This industry is complex, global and highly competitive. It therefore requires graduates who can respond effectively to the constantly changing challenges by defining new strategies to ensure market success. Fashion and luxury goods companies in Europe and around the world are constantly looking for people capable to match creativity and management: a new generation of managers, suited to the specific requirements of this industry.
Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management at GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona is a specialized master in Spain preparing students for an international career in big and small firms in Europe and around the world working in the area of fashion and luxury. This exciting course introduces you to generic marketing principles and strategies that can be applied to the fashion and luxury product or service. The topics are delivered by specialist instructors with professional experience in the industry.
Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management aims at shaping and developing the competencies of managers capable to understand and play the rules of fashion and luxury goods industry. Spain is home to the biggest fashion groups in the world such as Inditex (Zara) and Mango. Moreover, every year Barcelona features such events as Barcelona Design Hub and the Barcelona Fashion Summit, a professional conference focusing on topical issues in the fashion business; Barcelona International Textile Fair (STIB), one of the most important fairs of its kind in Europe, which gives visitors the low-down on the latest trends in textiles and Barcelona Bridal Week.
MA in Fashion & Luxury Business Management awarded by GBSB Global Business School
Intakes: October, January and April
Full Time: 3 days per week, evenings
Duration: 1 academic year. Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course prior to your Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management degree program
Language learning: Yearlong Spanish language course is offered at beginner, intermediate and advanced level for an additional fee
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB in February of each year
Professional internship (optional): Full time or part time internships up to 6 months with potential of internship contract prolongation
Admissions requirements: Bachelor or an equivalent degree or significant work experience, proficiency in English
Application deadline: We accept applications to the Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management all year round but class availability is limited so apply in advance
MA in Fashion & Luxury Business Management Program Design
The Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management degree program from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits.
- Core Competencies of Global Managers: As the global competition in Europe and worldwide intensifies, managers will be more and more jugged upon their ability to identify, cultivate and exploit distinctive competencies that may possible the growth of the firm. The participants of Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management have an opportunity to acquire hard and soft skills needed for successful development of their careers as global managers in fashion and luxury industry.
- Core Courses in Fashion and Luxury Goods Business Management: Specific elements cover the professional disciplines within the fashion and luxury industry. Students gain an overview of how fashion and luxury products are designed, created, branded, developed and produced in today´s global business environment. Europe, Asia and Middle East regions are discussed.
- Luxury Sectorial Analysis: Students analyze different sectors within fashion and luxury industry such as food and wine, jewelry and watches, spa and recreation, and fashion and accessories.
- Promotion: Luxury brands have always relied heavily on promotion. Promotions tend to be handled differently by luxury markets. Nowadays customers’ needs, wants and expectations are changing more rapidly. All this requires a new approach to marketing and communication strategies in order to communicate value of fashion and luxury goods. This part of the Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management focuses on marketing and communication challenges in the 21st century. The students learn how to use innovative marketing communications, such as on-line marketing, to market fashion and luxury goods. Additionally, they discuss publicity, media planning and advertising.
- Career Development: GBSB Global Business School emphasizes a focus on employability. Career development is an essential part of all our degree programs. Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management features career-related communication workshops which will help students with their job search, career orientation, interview and CV preparation as well as improvement of their communication skills. People Management and Leadership module will enhance their capability of working in multicultural teams and will provide students with essential human resources management skills.
- Research Project: Written research projects are an integral part of Master in Fashion and Luxury Business Management. The research project is a core element of the program of study. In particular it provides the students with the opportunity to conduct their own original research. Typically 15,000 to 20,000 words in length, the research project (dissertation) represents a significant body of work which can allow students to concentrate on specific area of interest.
The Structure of Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management
|Core Competencies of Global Managers||Core Courses in Fashion and Luxury Goods Business Management||Luxury Sectorial Analysis||Promotion||Career Development|
|The Ethical Dimension of Sustainable Business||The Fashion and Luxury Industry in a Changing World/Sustainable Fashion Development||Food and Wine||Innovative Marketing Communications||Career-related Communication Workshops|
|Management and International Negotiations||Fashion, Design and Luxury Business Management||Jewelry and Watches||Publicity, Media Planning and Advertising||People Management – Leadership|
|Financial Strategies for Business Development||Luxury Channel and Distribution Management||Spa and Recreation|
|Global Marketing||Fashion and Accessories|
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management , please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students, wishing to participate in the Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management , please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher OR have a minimum of three years of working experience
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.
Please click the following button to download the Master in Fashion & Luxury Business Management brochure: