How do you launch a multi-channel communications and marketing campaign that changes the world and spreads around the continents of Europe, America, Asia…? The job of marketing and communications decision-makers becomes more complex and challenging – each day. New channels and platforms emerge continually. Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing teaches you the most effective ways of planning and launching an integrated, multi-channel communications and marketing campaign today. By joining this master degree in communications in Barcelona, Spain you will learn about the best ways for leveraging email, mobile, social, paid media, analytics, and more to build the brand and business.
Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing in Spain in GBSB Global Business School is the degree about the future of digital marketing and the power of crowds, social media sites and the trust they command. You will learn about the ways customers decide between brands in a digital age. This Master degree in one of the most innovative business schools in Spain will teach you to navigate in a post-marketing world: in the last century, the source of most customer information about products or services came from marketing and communications team itself. Now, most of the information that a customer gets about a product or a service is coming from other sources. During the studies towards your Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing you will start rethinking the ways in which the communication with the clients must be positioned and approached.
Master in Communications and Future Marketing awarded by GBSB Global Business School
Intakes: October, January and April
Full Time: 3 days per week, evenings
Duration: 1 academic year. Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course prior to your Master in Communications and Future Marketing degree program
Language learning: Yearlong Spanish language course is offered at beginner, intermediate and advanced level for an additional fee
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB in February of each year
Professional internship (optional): Full time or part time internships up to 6 months with potential of internship contract prolongation
Admissions requirements: Bachelor or an equivalent degree or significant work experience, proficiency in English
Application deadline: We accept applications to the Master in Communications and Future Marketing all year round but class availability is limited so apply in advance
Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing Program Design
The Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing from GBSB Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of full-time studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits.
- Core Competencies of Global Managers: As the global competition intensifies, managers will be more and more jugged upon their ability to identify, cultivate and exploit distinctive competencies that may possible the growth of the firm. The participants of the Master in Communications and Future Marketing program have an opportunity to acquire hard and soft skills needed for successful development of their careers as global managers in Europe and around the world.
- Core Courses in Communications and Future Marketing: Considering a global perspective of studies at GBSB Global Business School, the Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing incorporates a strong focus on international business and global communications and marketing campaigns. After the introduction to Global Marketing, students learn about innovative marketing communications, publicity, media planning and advertising creation. The methodological approach used is “learning-by-doing”, that is why the program features such modules as Strategic Marketing & Communications Simulation Game and Intra-Entrepreneurship where the students could apply the knowledge obtained during the program to the practical situations.
- Marketing and Communication Challenges in the 21st Century: Nowadays customers in Europe and increasingly around the world are demanding better quality and reliability in the products they buy. Customers’ needs, wants and expectations are changing more rapidly. New products and services are coming to market faster than in the past, especially when they are related to technology. Innovation is a buzzword of the day. All this requires a new approach to marketing and communication strategies in order to communicate value. Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing focuses on marketing and communication challenges in the 21st century which are an increasing need for experiences and innovative products.
- Experiential Marketing: There are over 35,000 Google searches monthly asking “what is experiential marketing”. It’s hard to believe that such a fast-growing and popular marketing tool is still so widely misunderstood. As a valuable component in the marketing mix, experiential marketing will continue to augment traditional campaigns and is therefore an important concept for all marketing professionals to understand.
- Emerging Technologies and Innovation: For many companies, and especially for those trying to market new products or services, marketing of innovation and new technologies is a very complex process involving a multitude of activities. The specialized module within our Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing will teach you how to optimize and control the acceptance of innovative products/services on the market.
- Career Development: GBSB Global Business School emphasizes a focus on employability. Career development is an essential part of all our degree programs. Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing features career-related communication workshops which will help students with their job search, career orientation, interview and CV preparation as well as improvement of their communication skills. People Management and Leadership module will enhance their capability of working in multicultural teams and will provide students with essential human resources management skills.
- Research Project: Written research projects are an integral part of Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing. The research project is a core element of the program of study. In particular it provides the students with the opportunity to conduct their own original research. Typically 15,000 to 20,000 words in length, the research project (dissertation) represents a significant body of work which can allow students to concentrate on specific area of interest.
The Structure of the Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing
|Core Competencies of Global Managers||Core Courses in Communications and Future Marketing||Marketing and Communications Challenges in the 21st Century||Career Development|
|The Ethical Dimension of Sustainable Business||Global Marketing||Marketing of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Products||Career-related Communication Workshops|
|Management and International Negotiations||Innovative Marketing Communications||Marketing of Destinations and Experiential Marketing||People Management – Leadership|
|Financial Strategies for Business Development||Intra-Entrepreneurship – Creating Brand Value|
|Strategic Marketing & Communications Simulation Business Game|
|Publicity, Media Planning and Advertising Creation|
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students, wishing to participate in the Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing, please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master Degree in Communications and Future Marketing, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher OR have a minimum of three years of working experience
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.
Please click the following button to download the Master in Communications and Future Marketing brochure: