Earning a Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Blockchain Management) in Malta (hereinafter - Master with Blockchain Management in Malta) will prepare students for the very exciting, fast paced career in a disruptive industry that will transform the economies of tomorrow. Many consider blockchain technologies revolutionary. It is the tool that empowers the rise of the Internet of Value. The increased rate of exchange of value has tremendous implications in many applications: for consumers, industries, and governments. It is not just monetary value like cryptocurrencies, though that plays a major part. It is also pivotal in the exchange of data and information between enterprises.
Initially blockchain technology was developed to facilitate cryptocurrency transactions. But its essential property of online security makes it the optimal tool for handling all sorts of digital transaction efforts. In its simplest terms, blockchain is a data protocol that allows non-trusted partners to collaborate and settle on the validity of transactions without an overseer of the process, regardless if there are potential conflicts of interest.
Earn your Master with Blockchain Management in Malta to prepare for the very dynamic sphere of blockchain technology that has the potential to alter how the world handles its finances and conducts future business moving forward. Gain an in-depth understanding of the capabilities and limitations of blockchain technology enabling you to assess and solve various business problems of tomorrow.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
GBSB Global listed among the Best Business Schools by Forbes
Ivan Mannino, Italy
“Studying online is a great option, as it has allowed me to study and work at the same time, but it is much more than this. For instance, in my FinTech course last semester, we learned about fundamentals of new technologies, such as AI, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and I was able to take from this learning and apply it to the conversations I was having with my investors, stakeholders, and peers.
Studying online and balancing my professional career is demanding. Stephen King once wrote, “What separates a talented individual from a successful one, is a lot of hard work.” And I couldn’t agree more. GBSB has helped me to develop and build a critical mindset. My classes have broadened my perspective and have given me a foundation to continue to grow”.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Blockchain Management (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with successful careers in business and IT
Engaging speakers and workshops offered by experts, CEOs, founders and business owners in the field
Student body embodying over 100 nationalities
"In my opinion, the curriculum is focused on providing students with an in-depth understanding of all aspects involved in the management of a blockchain project. From regular macroeconomics concepts to extensive Tokenomics ideas, stakeholder management, and portfolio management. During my studies, I joined two web3-based projects. First, an Ethereum-based project seeking to launch a community-led NFT marketplace for which we are gathering investors. Second - a consultancy firm based on web3 services such as smart contract auditing, on- & off-chain forensics, and analytics, but also marketing and fundraising. The knowledge I have gained at GBSB Global has definitely helped in practice."
The new Master with Blockchain in Malta is a highly customized study program designed to help students better understand the technical underpinnings of novel cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology, including their developing potential and risks, as well as interaction with existing monetary and financial systems, also tapping into future opportunities for innovation in digital currency systems.
Learn to analyze and explain complex financial problems in line with new regulations and public policies, build efficient business-models and strategies, and train to effectively communicate your projects, all whilst being critical, self-directed, and original in your delivery approach.
Tokenomics and Cryptocurrency Markets (6 ECTS)
Blockchain Technology and Platforms (6 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Blockchain and Crypto-Economy Regulation & Governance (6 ECTS)
Business Models and Entrepreneurship in Blockchain (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
ECONOMICS OF BLOCKCHAIN:
Blockchain economics is a financial environment in which cryptocurrency replaces current monetary systems, potentially on a global scale. Peer to Peer (P2P) transactions through blockchain technologies do not require the service of an intermediary, it lowers the cost of each transaction.
REGULATION & GOVERNANCE IN BLOCKCHAIN:
On-chain governance is a system for managing and executing changes to cryptocurrency blockchains. In this form of governance, rules for establishing changes are encoded into the blockchain protocol. Developers recommend changes through code updates and each node votes on whether to accept or reject the proposed change.
BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY & BIG DATA:
Blockchain adds another data layer to the Big Data analytics process. Blockchain-generated Big Data is secure and cannot be copied due to the network architecture. Blockchain-based Big Data is valuable, implying it is structured, abundant and complete, making it a perfect base for advanced analysis.
BUSINESS MODELS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN BLOCKCHAIN:
A blockchain business model is decentralized, allows peer-to-peer transactions, and helps networks foster trust. Business models based upon blockchain use tokens to make profits. Anyone who assists the blockchain in reaching consensus will obtain a token, which carries some value, and this value is reflective of the market conditions.
STRATEGY & OPERATIONS IN BLOCKCHAIN:
Simply put, a blockchain is a decentralized distributed digital ledger. It is a database across several nodes or computing devices, and rather than relying on a centralized system, a blockchain uses a Peer to Peer (P2P) network to store data at various locations.
AGILE METHODOLOGIES & DESIGN THINKING:
Agile methodologies solve predefined problems, while design thinking focuses on finding the precise problems to solve. Agile methodology is a project management technique used to form better software, where design thinking can be utilized by anyone to solve any intricate problem that lacks a clear solution.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with Blockchain Management in Malta students will broaden their understanding of mining, hashing, proof-of-work, public key cryptography, and the double-spend issue. While studying for your Master with Blockchain Management in Malta, professors will identify the seven design principles for blockchain technology, and students will explore the challenges facing its developers. Blockchain is becoming a popular method for companies seeking an alternative payments processor.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with Blockchain Management in Malta degree program has been specially designed to provide an in-depth knowledge of what the technology is, how it works at a high level, and the impacts it will have on the future of global economies. Earning your Master with Blockchain Management in Malta today will set you on a career that is in-demand and will continue to be for decades to come.
What can you do with your degree? Below are some common examples of professions you can go into that will be in long-term demand:
BLOCKCHAIN PROJECT MANAGER
A Blockchain Project Manager is responsible for monitoring resources and reporting, overseeing security procedures, transaction management systems, and developing features that address issues that arise from operating.
A Cryptocurrency Analyst scrutinizes and predicts trends, pricing, demand, and trading capacities of any number of cryptocurrencies existing on the market.
Blockchain Managers are responsible for developing blockchain-based products in a company overseeing the team that manages blockchain operations, but also can be a part of the creation of a product in which they would supervise the launch.
Compliance Specialists inspect, review, and assess regulatory changes within a company’s operations, delivering advice and detailed procedures to guarantee full compliance.
These professionals safeguard a company’s hardware, software, and networks from cybercriminals by investigating its IT infrastructure, monitoring it, and assessing threats that could possibly breach the network.
A Data Specialist's job is to adapt a company’s raw data and translate it into accessible formats for investors and clients.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION MANAGER
Providing advice to clients on their digital strategy and transformative programs, the Digital Transformation & Strategy Manager also coordinates the design and implementation of digital product prototypes.
SMART CONTRACTS MANAGER
A Smart Contracts Manager oversees blockchain-based innovative technologies to automate business processes by optimizing the business workflow activities, especially in multi-party arrangements.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with Blockchain Management in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: