The Online Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Sports and eSports Management (hereinafter – Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports) is a multicultural educational program hand-crafted for those transnational students who wish to obtain knowledge and understanding of a variety of concepts within the business of sports from a truly global prospective and with a tech focus. The Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports Management is offered entirely in English and is perfect for those who dream of starting their career in sports management and working internationally.
The Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports is crafted to provide students with business management fundamentals and an in-depth knowledge of global markets especially as they relate to advancements in technology. The program examines legal, digital, and international perspectives in the sports marketplace and improves students’ decision-making talents and capability to adapt to global challenges and changing markets due to the current global climate.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized by Microsoft as a leader in digital education
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Teaching Quality by QS Ranking System
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Our Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports combines sports management theory with a practical curriculum, not only showing the economics of sports but also providing students with a chance to participate in groundbreaking case studies and events surrounding sports both traditionally played and those aired strictly online.
The Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports develops the essential skills and aptitude needed to kickstart their careers, succeed in the world of sports as it evolves with changing technological advancements and responds to the current crisis.
ONLINE STUDY BENEFITS
Study at a business institution recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Capitalize on the use of all the capabilities of the Microsoft Office 365 for Education Suite
Choose your preferred study time as classes are prerecorded and available 24/7
Chat with professors and classmates, utilize online tools for groupwork, exams and assignments
Our Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports Management is designed to help students foster a worldwide perspective and become revered business leaders about to adapt to innovations changing the industry of sports. The Online Bachelor in Sports and eSports Management molds students and shapes them in such a way they are able to address complex legal problems in the business of sports with ease, engage with high-level investors and stakeholders and manage departments of teams with diverse backgrounds; it provides students with valuable skills that are sought-after not only in Europe, but all across the globe.
ONLINE BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH SPORTS AND ESPORTS MANAGEMENT
SPORTS AND ESPORTS MANAGEMENT (45 ECTS)
- Sports and eSports Management (7 ECTS)
- Business Models and Entrepreneurship in eSports (4 ECTS)
- Talent Management in the Digital Era (4 ECTS)
- Recreation, Leisure and Wellness Business (4 ECTS)
- Event Management & Sponsoring (7 ECTS)
- Sports and eSports Marketing (4 ECTS)
- Dissertation in the area of Sports and/or eSports Management (15 ECTS)
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
- Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
- Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
- Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
- Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
- Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
- Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
- Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
- Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
- Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
- Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
- Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
- Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
- Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
- Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
- Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
Upon completion of the Online Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports you will be exposed to a variety of business sectors: graduates of the program find themselves working as sports marketers, facility managers, event coordinators and directors of operations.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH THE ONLINE BUSINESS BACHELOR
WITH SPORTS AND ESPORTS MANAGEMENT
ESPORTS EVENT PRODUCER
SPORTS CLUB DIRECTOR
ENTREPRENEUR IN SPORTS INDUSTRY
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
THE SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES VARIES, BUT THESE ARE THE MOST COMMON TASKS YOU WOULD DO AS A:
- Selects venues for upcoming events
- Monitors client approval, handles budgets
- Arranges event services, and logistics
- Presents post-events reports
ONLINE MARKETING MANAGER
- Assess market demand for products and services
- Work with sales and development teams to meet those demands and create pricing and promotional materials
- Create effective ad campaigns and produce copy that is engaging and calls user to action
ESPORTS INDUSTRY STATISTICIANS
- Work with data and mathematical models to help organizations solve practical, real-world problems
- Test theoretical concepts or analyze information to identify overall solutions to issues
- Analyze small sections of data in support of a larger project
SOCIAL MEDIA & EVENTS ASSOCIATE
- Manage online community through various digital platforms
- Create online advertising calendar
- Plan, develop and help execute events both in person and online through various webinars and conferences
ADMISSION AND FEES
Undergraduate target groups:
- “Aspiring Academic”: Typically, a recent High School graduate with a good academic profile. They are academically driven working their way through the educational steps that they are now attending undergraduate program as the next logical steps in their academic aspiration;
- “Career Starter”: This target group of students are predominately using this academic step to advance their specific career prospects and are extremely job oriented. They are focused on life after studying at GBSB Global and using studying at GBSB Global to reach their career position. Some of them will be working in family businesses or are interested to launch their own entrepreneurial venture;
- “Academic Wanderer”: Simply students attending GBSB Global, these students may not have a particular focus however they believe obtaining a degree will open doors for them. Additionally, if they come from abroad, they are interested in experiencing a different culture;
- Mature Students and Students with Non-Standard Qualifications: GBSB Global encourages applications from mature and non-standard applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent high school graduates;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Speak high level of English language.
To be qualified for admission to Business Bachelor with Sports and eSports Online, you must:
For entry to year 1 of the program students should have completed:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- AP Program;
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems).
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.0;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)
* The published tuition fee is valid for the Academic Year 2023-2024 and applies to students who get their admission from July 2023. ** Fees apply exclusively to online learning. If the student commences their studies online but then wishes to transfer to one of the physical campuses throughout their academic journey, fees will be subject to change. *** Fees do not apply to students who study in one of the physical campuses and whose three-year program structure includes compulsory online tuition.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
Bachelor´s Program Duration: 9 Quarters = 3 Academic Years
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: