FULL TIME - 2 + 1 YEARS
PART TIME - 4 + UP TO 2 YEARS
Barcelona | Malta | Online
OCT | JAN | APR
Face-to-face | Online
How do you ideate a new product? What are global markets? What makes a digital start-up? All this and more is covered with GBSB Global’s Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Digital Entrepreneurship in Barcelona.
The intensive three-year program suits budding entrepreneurs and future business leaders drawing on modern societal problems to discover smart solutions. This B.A. prepares graduates to excel on various digital platforms while using real-life business concepts from Asia, Middle East, Europe and Latin America to frame common business ideas, problems and solutions. Students learn the minutiae of planning, innovation and business sustainability. With this extensive acumen at hand, graduates are well equipped to leap into business from the get-go.
During this innovative BA program students are invited to concentrate on specific fields of their key interest while gaining a comprehensive business education with a digital focus. Explore the latest trends in digital innovation, reinforce theoretical knowledge through practical approach, learn to think with an agile mind, all while easily adapting to the new remote reality facing the world today.
GBSB Global Business School is accredited by the Government of Catalonia’s Department of Education and delivers Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation (120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5) face-to-face from our campus in Barcelona, Spain. Once you’ve obtained your Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation, tailor your final year to your needs, culminating in your Top-Up Bachelor (B.A.) of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Digital Entrepreneurship (60 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 6) delivered by GBSB Global Business School either online, in Malta, or stay in Barcelona to combine your online studies with an additional Diploma in Applied Business Innovation.
YEAR 1 & 2
International Immersion, Study Abroad, and Multi-Campus Experience
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Catalan Department of Education
Accredited by National Commission for Further and Higher Education in Malta
GBSB Global awarded as a Five Star Institution by QS Ranking System
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
Interested in starting your own venture? Earn a Business Bachelor with Entrepreneurship in Barcelona and gain the knowledge, insight and skills needed to launch your own company.
Get taught by successful business professionals with international experience and a practical focus.
Join G-Accelerator – GBSB Global’s own start-up incubator and accelerator hub with training programs, helping graduates realize their ideas, bringing potential products and services to fruition.
Give free rein to your creative vision to launch a sustainable venture upon graduating. Benefit from professional guidance and mentorship to turn it into a well-grounded business.
Change the world - one idea at a time. For those wanting to tap into their entrepreneurial spirit, the Business Bachelor with Entrepreneurship in Barcelona makes concepts a reality.
The Business Bachelor with Entrepreneurship comprises 180 ECTS credits, combining obligatory business practices and in-depth entrepreneurship-specific core courses. Modules include business ethics, marketing, accounting and finance among other specialized topics, from international talent management to business law in the digital context and strategic management of digital innovation.
Earning the Business Bachelor with Digital Entrepreneurship in Barcelona will make you a highly marketable specialist able to demonstrate extensive, transformative business acumen that will impact the trajectory of business practices tomorrow. Graduates learn how to kick-start their business through practical training with a focus on real-world scenarios that inspire creative and agile thinking.
YOUR BACHELOR JOURNEY AT A GLANCE
|Year of Study||EQF Level||Location||Government
|L5||Barcelona||MFHEA + the Catalan Department of Education||Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation (120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)|
PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND POSSIBLE EXIT AWARDS:
- Global Business Environment (7 ECTS)
- Business Communication (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship and Innovation (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Marketing in the Digital Era (13 ECTS)
- Principles of Accounting (7 ECTS)
- Business Law in a Digital Context (7 ECTS)
- Business Math and Statistics (13 ECTS)
Possible Exit Award
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(32 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Undergraduate Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(60 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Strategic Management of Enterprise and Digital Innovation (13 ECTS)
- Managerial Accounting (6 ECTS)
- Leadership and Organizational Behaviour (6 ECTS)
- Starting a New Digital Business (7 ECTS)
- Business Economics (7 ECTS)
- Business Research Methods (6 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
Possible Exit Award
- Undergraduate Higher Diploma in Business Administration and Digital Innovation
(120 ECTS, EQF/MQF Level 5)
- Professional and Career Development (6 ECTS)
- Innovative and Creative Thinking (4 ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (7 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies for Innovation and Change (13 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
- Undergraduate Dissertation (15 ECTS)
- Top-Up Bachelor (B.A.) of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Digital Entrepreneurship
(60 ECTS, MQF/EQF Level 6)
BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH DIGITAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
IN BARCELONA SPECIALIZATION UNITS
- Valuating and Fundraising A Digital Start-up
- E-Commerce Development
- Knowledge Management and Learning Organisations
- Talent Management in The Digital Era
- Design Thinking and Agile Methodology for Innovation
- Social Entrepreneurship
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
Master the art of business planning and gain insights into business innovation and sustainability subject areas. Become an experienced professional ready to help businesses stand out to prospective investors.
Start your own venture by the time you receive your diploma, seeking professional support and guidance as part of our G-Accelerator start-up mentorship and training program. Alternatively join a large, multinational company to become a mid or C-level manager.
Develop and convert disruptive ideas into execution. Identify problems and fix them as a trained business consultant. Manage accounts and follow up on business leads, or get into research and development - the options are vast with your extensive understanding of business concepts, procedures and practices.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH BUSINESS BACHELOR
WITH DIGITAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
THE SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES VARIES, BUT THOSE
ARE THE MOST COMMON TASKS YOU WOULD DO AS A:
SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
- Design, build, or maintain a new or existing website or app
- Script and author languages, manage tools, content creation, applications and digital media
- Edit, write, or design website content, and direct team members who produce content
- Oversee security, useability and strategic effectiveness
BUSINESS DIRECTOR- DIGITAL STRATEGY
- Define and lead the company’s transformation
- Focus on overall the strategy definition, identification and evaluation of new areas for investment, and supporting strategy implementation across the enterprise team and lines of business
- Areas of importance include digital payments and commerce, digital identity, technology platforms, as well as developing technologies such as machine learning / AI and blockchain
DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER
- Thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued
- Elevate the team, believing innovation is powered by perspective
- Work on a product through research, development, engineering, manufacturing, going live, and distribution
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Understand the business’ practices, procedures and concepts
- Offer insights and takeaways from the data accumulated
- Create well-written reports and analysis of the field
ADMISSION AND FEES
to be qualified for admission to the undergraduate program in Business Administration and Digital Innovation in Barcelona, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- AP Program
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems)
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based)
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.0
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Online + Barcelona
|Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)||200 €||200 €||200 €||200 €||200 €|
|Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)||950 €||950 €||950 €||950 €||950 €|
|Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)**||10750 €||10750 €||Fee Valid in Malta at the Time||10750 €|
|Optional Diploma in Applied Business Innovation (ABI)||1900 €|
*Fees apply to students commencing their studies on-campus. Please note, fees will remain the same should the student decide to complete their education online for the remainder of the 3-year program.
**Fees valid for students starting their studies in the Academic Year 2023-2024.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
*If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.·Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
*Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.·Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.