Our Online Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Digital Communication & PR (hereinafter Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR) is an innovative program that is specially designed for students who wish to study online and want to be competitive in the digital marketplace in the field of public relations. Delivered completely in English, our Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR applies the most up-to-date teaching methodologies, situational analysis and case studies to ready students with the skills needed to enter a digitally driven world and foster global empathy, able to work across borders and on various platforms.
Public Relations has experienced a transformation with the advancements of technologies and can be boiled down into two main categories whether traditional or based solely online: promoting a brand and protecting it. On the promotional side, students will learn how to develop a positive reputation with the public through various unpaid or earned forms of communication, like placements in traditional media, social media, and blogs and how to execute these innovative strategies.
On the protective side of PR, especially imperative online, graduates from our Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR will be armed with the digital acumen to confidently manage a company’s public reputation or defend it during crises. This digital communication and PR degree is unique because it empowers students to take a brand, build a relationship, expand its reach and influence through credible online sources and through trusted news outlets both traditional and digital.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized by Microsoft as a leader in digital education
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Teaching Quality by QS Ranking System
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
ANEL DUISENOVA, KAZAKHSTAN
Anel Duisenova joined GBSB Global Business School to study a bachelor program. She chose our school because it gave Anel an opportunity to study in English, while sharing a classroom with a diverse cohort of students, exchanging knowledge and valuable experiences with them.
During her studies at GBSB Global, Anel improved her communications skills and found an internship where she could apply the theoretical knowledge obtained in class to some real-world cases.
ONLINE STUDY BENEFITS
Study at a business institution recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Capitalize on the use of all the capabilities of the Microsoft Office 365 for Education Suite
Choose your preferred study time as classes are prerecorded and available 24/7
Chat with professors and classmates, utilize online tools for groupwork, exams and assignments
Our Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR is designed to help students navigate an ever-changing world, always advancing with progressive technologies. Students are asked to think outside-of-the-box, to foster an agile mindset, and seek innovative solutions to today’s world issues. Studying alongside a diverse community of peers from around the world, students profit by developing an emotional intelligence and cultural aptitude that incite professional and personal growth.
The Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR endows students with the most cutting-edge technological tools, arming them with the resources to join a dynamic, high-tech landscape.
ONLINE BACHELOR IN DIGITAL COMMUNICATION AND PR
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION & PR (45 ECTS)
- Digital Branding (7 ECTS)
- Digital Communication Strategies and Digital Media (4 ECTS)
- Principles of Public Relations (4 ECTS)
- Visual Communications for Digital and Offline Channels (7 ECTS)
- Reputation and Relationship Management in the Digital Era (4 ECTS)
- Investor Relations (4 ECTS)
- Dissertation in the area of Digital Communication & PR (15 ECTS)
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
- Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
- Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
- Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
- Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
- Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
- Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
- Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
- Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
- Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
- Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
- Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
- Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
- Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
- Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
- Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
PR & Communication skills are highly sought-after across local and international scales both in traditional and digital capacities. Upon completion of an Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR you will be exposed to a variety of industries, many of them adapted to the online market: graduates of the program find themselves working as social media and web managers, communication specialists, content specialists, press secretaries, online reputation managers and public affairs managers.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH AN ONLINE BUSINESS BACHELOR
WITH DIGITAL COMMUNICATION & PR
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION MANAGER
ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGER
THE SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES VARIES, BUT THOSE ARE THE MOST COMMON TASKS YOU WOULD DO AS A:
- Develops marketing plans related to the organization’s activities
- Monitors social media accounts online
- Creates digital content to reach target audience
- Manages social networking sites and online community engagement
- Writes editorial content
DIGITAL COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
- Implements customer outreach strategy
- Manages all internal and external communications of a company
- Plans conferences and events
- Creates draft media statements
- Crafts positive stories about their brand that the media relations team pitches to journalists
- Writes press materials, bylined articles for news outlets (digital and in print), and can even make brand awareness videos and develop scripts
- Stays up-to-date on digital trends and SEO management
ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGER
- Gauge a company or client’s public reputation by monitoring brand sentiment on social media, review sites, the ratings and reviews section on Facebook, the own online communities, and the news
- Identify any complaints about the brand and quickly address them through social media and other communication channels online
ADMISSION AND FEES
Undergraduate target groups:
- “Aspiring Academic”: Typically, a recent High School graduate with a good academic profile. They are academically driven working their way through the educational steps that they are now attending undergraduate program as the next logical steps in their academic aspiration;
- “Career Starter”: This target group of students are predominately using this academic step to advance their specific career prospects and are extremely job oriented. They are focused on life after studying at GBSB Global and using studying at GBSB Global to reach their career position. Some of them will be working in family businesses or are interested to launch their own entrepreneurial venture;
- “Academic Wanderer”: Simply students attending GBSB Global, these students may not have a particular focus however they believe obtaining a degree will open doors for them. Additionally, if they come from abroad, they are interested in experiencing a different culture;
- Mature Students and Students with Non-Standard Qualifications: GBSB Global encourages applications from mature and non-standard applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent high school graduates;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Speak high level of English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Business Bachelor with Digital Communication & PR, you must:
For entry to year 1 of the program students should have completed:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- AP Program;
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems).
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.0;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)
* The published tuition fee is valid for the Academic Year 2023-2024 and applies to students who get their admission from July 2023. ** Fees apply exclusively to online learning. If the student commences their studies online but then wishes to transfer to one of the physical campuses throughout their academic journey, fees will be subject to change. *** Fees do not apply to students who study in one of the physical campuses and whose three-year program structure includes compulsory online tuition.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
Bachelor´s Program Duration: 9 Quarters = 3 Academic Years
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: