GBSB Global’s Online Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Finance and FinTech (hereinafter – Online Business Bachelor with Finance & FinTech) goes beyond the principles of accounting and banking to explain in depth the fundamentals of finance, starting from global capital markets and globalization of the financial industry today.
The Online Business Bachelor with Finance & FinTech incorporates traditional finance courses covering core analytics, from managerial and financial accounting, statistics and quantitative methods, to financial management, but also provides an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the theories and evolution of FinTech, data-driven financial modeling, financial data mining and machine learning, financial data analytics, and new innovations in the financial sector, spanning AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, cloud computing, crowd funding, and much more.
This Online Business Bachelor with Finance & FinTech degree program aims to provide students with a solid, comprehensive foundation in the area of finance, gaining necessary practical skills, digital literacy and disruptive knowledge to pursue competitive professional and academic careers in finance upon graduation.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized by Microsoft as a leader in digital education
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Teaching Quality by QS Ranking System
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
IVAN MANNINO, ITALY
Studying online is a great option. It allowed me to study and work at the same time, but it offers so much more than just flexibility.
In my FinTech course in the last semester, I learned about the fundamentals of Digital Finance. We looked at Artificial Intelligence and were able to learn about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I was able to apply my knowledge and understanding to the conversations I was having with my stakeholders and colleagues at work.
ONLINE STUDY BENEFITS
Study at a business institution recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Capitalize on the use of all the capabilities of the Microsoft Office 365 for Education Suite
Choose your preferred study time as classes are prerecorded and available 24/7
Chat with professors and classmates, utilize online tools for groupwork, exams and assignments
Earning your Online Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech, you’ll not only reap the benefits of a top-notch business education, but you will also gain the aptitude to decipher and apply solutions to real life case studies and financial analyses.
The Online Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech comprises 180 ECTS points, and was especially designed for students who are interested in applying modern tools to improve financial activities, design new applications, processes, products or business models related to financial services.
Online Business Bachelor with Finance and Fintech graduates are well-skilled and highly marketable having received an education of high standard, allowing them to take on various career paths from investment banking, wealth management, international finance, commercial banking, insurance, information technology, social entrepreneurship, and many other sectors.
Learn more about program objectives and learning outcomes.
ONLINE BACHELOR WITH FINANCE & FINTECH
FINANCE & FINTECH (45 ECTS)
- Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning (4 ECTS)
- Investments (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Issues in Accounting (7 ECTS)
- Foundations of FinTech (7 ECTS)
- FinTech in Banking: Challenges and Opportunities (4 ECTS)
- Investor Relations (4 ECTS)
- Dissertation in the area of Finance and/or FinTech (15 ECTS)
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
- Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
- Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
- Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
- Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
- Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
- Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
- Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
- Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
- Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
- Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
- Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
- Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
- Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
- Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
- Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
Earning the Online Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech at GBSB Global, students will delve into data science, cybersecurity, and application development. These technically advanced areas of study are paramount to becoming a sought-after professional in FinTech today.
During their Online Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech program, students will also learn how to conduct data research, analyze and forecast market trends, and learn to advise and act on strategic financial decisions. These competencies will help elevate students’ qualifications making them viable for leadership roles within the industry. Investing in your Online Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech is a savvy career move, where innovation is shaping the field and professionals like you will be in high demand.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH AN ONLINE BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH FINANCE & FINTECH
RISK AND COMPLIANCE EXPERT
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
THE RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL VARY, BUT HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF CAREERS YOU MAY CONSIDER:
- Design secure blockchain technologies
- Develop application features and interfaces
- Maintain client and server-side applications
- Create, direct, and manage all marketing efforts directed towards acquiring rewards-based donations from the public
- Assist in developing content, assets, and post engagement across key platforms
- Help the develop and delivery key digital advertising campaigns
RISK AND COMPLIANCE EXPERT
- Ensure all the essential guidelines are in place adhering to industry rules and regulations
- Conduct internal audits and reviews at regular intervals
- Update the organization’s policies, regulations, and processes
- Resolve employee issues about legal risk compliance
- Advise management regarding the implementation of compliance programs
- Ensure the company's digital assets are protected from unauthorized access
- Secure both online and on-premises infrastructures
- Cypher through metrics and data to sift out suspicious activity
- Find and mitigate risks before infringements occur
- Lead efforts to counter the attack if a breach happens
ADMISSION AND FEES
Undergraduate target groups:
- “Aspiring Academic”: Typically, a recent High School graduate with a good academic profile. They are academically driven working their way through the educational steps that they are now attending undergraduate program as the next logical steps in their academic aspiration;
- “Career Starter”: This target group of students are predominately using this academic step to advance their specific career prospects and are extremely job oriented. They are focused on life after studying at GBSB Global and using studying at GBSB Global to reach their career position. Some of them will be working in family businesses or are interested to launch their own entrepreneurial venture;
- “Academic Wanderer”: Simply students attending GBSB Global, these students may not have a particular focus however they believe obtaining a degree will open doors for them. Additionally, if they come from abroad, they are interested in experiencing a different culture;
- Mature Students and Students with Non-Standard Qualifications: GBSB Global encourages applications from mature and non-standard applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent high school graduates;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Speak high level of English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Business Bachelor with Finance & FinTech, you must:
For entry to year 1 of the program students should have completed:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- AP Program;
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems).
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.0;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)
* The published tuition fee is valid for the Academic Year 2023-2024 and applies to students who get their admission from July 2023. ** Fees apply exclusively to online learning. If the student commences their studies online but then wishes to transfer to one of the physical campuses throughout their academic journey, fees will be subject to change. *** Fees do not apply to students who study in one of the physical campuses and whose three-year program structure includes compulsory online tuition.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
Bachelor´s Program Duration: 9 Quarters = 3 Academic Years
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: