FULL TIME - 3 YEARS
PART TIME - UP TO 6 YEARS
OCT | JAN | APR
Mornings | Afternoons
Since the early 90s Malta has developed into one of the most respectable and fast-growing financial hubs in the world. Operating under high regulatory European standards of compliance with comparatively low operational costs, Malta has established itself as a very lucrative country for foreign investment, offering numerous financial opportunities for a skilled multilingual workforce. Currently, Maltese financial institutions are highly concentrated in investment funds, asset and wealth management, fintech and blockchain, as well as insurance and credit management.
Considering these facts, there is no better place to earn your business bachelor’s with finance degree and launch your career. Throughout the Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Finance & FinTech in Malta (hereinafter - The Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta) students cover a variety of financial topics, from the very basics of banking and equity investment to diving deeper into corporate financing, statistical analytics, and portfolio management. The Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta also covers topics such as investor relations, online financial services, cost accounting, and wealth planning to name a few.
Higher Education Program: Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Finance & Fintech
Accreditation Status: An officially recognized qualification awarded by GBSB Global Business School, licensed as Higher Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (License number: 2020-012).
MQF/EQF Level: MFHEA deems this qualification to be at Level 6 of the Malta Qualifications Framework and the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning.
Number of ECTS Credits: 180 ECTS
Get a Tax Credit with Get Qualified Scheme (MEDE)
Benefit from a tax credit (up to €12,500) enabling you to recover part of the costs incurred during the studies in Malta. Claim your Tax Credit Certificate via Get Qualified scheme, administered and controlled by the National Skills Council within the Ministry for Education and Employment (MEDE) of Malta.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Listed as one of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Teaching & Student Quality
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Fully Accredited by ASIC
Approved by Ofsted and an Affiliate of ENQA
AIDAN MCKEVITT, USA
Aidan McKevitt has joined GBSB Global to obtain his Bachelor degree. During the studies Aidan has gained essential business acumen and knowledge he needed to be able to work with other business professionals in the field and feel comfortable communicating with them in a language they would understand.
As an American coming to study in Europe, Aidan McKevitt has gained a firm business foundation, as well as a strong international experience, studying and working alongside a diverse community of people.
The flexibility of the Bachelor degree studies at GBSB Global gave Aidan a chance to focus on and grown his own entrepreneurial endeavors. As of today, he has already successfully launched two businesses.
An official and recognized European undegraduate business qualification with Finance and Fintech (EQF Level 6)
Multicultural faculty with Finance experience
Visiting speakers and workshops from Finance experts
Student body representing more than 100 nationalities
Earning your Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta, you’ll not only reap the benefits of a top-notch business education, but you will also gain the aptitude to decipher and apply solutions to real life case studies and financial analyses. As part of the Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta our students attain top internships with global companies that operate in the financial sector and are exposed to varying financial practices, acquiring a better understanding of technically advanced business realities applicable to both local and international scales.
1ST YEAR: COMPULSORY
- Global Business Environment (7 ECTS)
- Business Communication (7 ECTS)
- Introduction to Digital Entrepreneurship and Innovation (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Marketing in the Digital Era (13 ECTS)
- Principles of Accounting (7 ECTS)
- Business Law in a Digital Context (7 ECTS)
- Business Math and Statistics (13 ECTS)
2ND YEAR: COMPULSORY
+ SPECIALIZATION (60 ECTS)
- Strategic Management of Enterprise and Digital Innovation (13 ECTS)
- Managerial Accounting (6 ECTS)
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior (6 ECTS)
- Starting a New Digital Business (7 ECTS)
- Business Economics (7 ECTS)
- Business Research Methods (6 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
3RD YEAR: COMPULSORY
+ SPECIALIZATION (60 ECTS)
- Professional and Career Development (6 ECTS)
- Innovative and Creative Thinking (4 ECTS)
- Corporate Finance (7 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies for Innovation and Change (13 ECTS)
- Three units corresponding to a chosen specialization area
- Undergraduate Dissertation (15 ECTS)
BACHELOR IN FINANCE IN MALTA
FINANCE & FINTECH (45 ECTS)
- Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning (4 ECTS)
- Investments (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Issues in Accounting (7 ECTS)
- Foundations of FinTech (7 ECTS)
- FinTech in Banking: Challenges and Opportunities (4 ECTS)
- Investor Relations (4 ECTS)
- Dissertation in the area of Finance and/or FinTech (15 ECTS)
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
- Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
- Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
- Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
- Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
- Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
- Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
- Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
- Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
- Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
- Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
- Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
- Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
- Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
- Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
- Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
Are you interested in banking and accounting? Do you love economics? Maybe online financial trading and investment is your thing? Then a Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta degree at GBSB Global is the precise direction of study for you. Today, with digitally advancements changing the landscape of finance, this degree if one of the most popular majors that freshman students choose for their undergraduate degrees. And this is understandable - with a quite narrow study focus, the Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta offers ample flexibility and endless room for professional growth.
The financial industry is saturated with attractive, very well paid, career options. The Business Bachelor in Finance is a very sought-after degree, and the numbers are still on the rise. Statistically speaking, there will be a 7% average increase in demand for financial operations jobs within the next couple of years. With a Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta degree you will be equipped to meet these future market demands, having a rewarding career and secured financial stability.
With a Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta students and graduates can land employment in financial management and banking as a financial or budget analyst or dive into investments and become an investor relations associate or a personal financial advisor. Some other career options could be working as a real estate broker, cyber securities analyst, commodities sales agent, insurance underwriter/appraiser, accountant, and a loan officer.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH A BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH FINANCE AND FINTECH
INVESTOR RELATIONS ASSOCIATE
PERSONAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR
SECURITIES & COMMODITIES SALES AGENT
REAL ESTATE BROKER
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes financial and statistical data
- Recommends actions and provides alternatives to reduce costs and improve company’s cost performance
- Creates financial reports based on current status and potential risks
REAL ESTATE BROKER
- Advertises and promotes properties
- Assists buyers and sellers with transactions, negotiates and facilitates agreements between parties
- Advices on prices and mortgage options, ensures all initiated transactions are complete
- Analyzes information and presents financial audit reports, assets and liability entries
- Prepares balance sheets, cash flows, profit and loss, and income statements
- Calculates tax payments and returns, reconciles other bank statements
SECURITIES & COMMODITIES SALES AGENT
- Develops financial plans based on the clients credit scrore and financial status, discusses available options
- Buys/sells orders to trading departments
- Records all transactions, ensures accuracy, and analyzes market conditions
ADMISSION AND FEES
Undergraduate target groups:
- “Aspiring Academic”: Typically, a recent High School graduate with a good academic profile. They are academically driven working their way through the educational steps that they are now attending undergraduate program as the next logical steps in their academic aspiration;
- “Career Starter”: This target group of students are predominately using this academic step to advance their specific career prospects and are extremely job oriented. They are focused on life after studying at GBSB Global and using studying at GBSB Global to reach their career position. Some of them will be working in family businesses or are interested to launch their own entrepreneurial venture;
- “Academic Wanderer”: Simply students attending GBSB Global, these students may not have a particular focus however they believe obtaining a degree will open doors for them. Additionally, if they come from abroad, they are interested in experiencing a different culture;
- Mature Students and Students with Non-Standard Qualifications: GBSB Global encourages applications from mature and non-standard applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent high school graduates;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Speak high level of English language.
To be qualified for admission to Business Bachelor with Finance and FinTech in Malta, you must:
For entry to year 1 of the program students should have completed:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- AP Program;
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems).
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.0;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
On Campus *
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
Tuition fees for visiting students: 165 EUR per 1 ECTS credit or 2,917 EUR per Quarter (20 ECTS credits).
Bachelor´s Program Duration: 9 Quarters = 3 Academic Years
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: