GBSB Global’s Bachelor of Business Administration and Digital Innovation with Digital Entrepreneurship in Malta (hereinafter - Business Bachelor with Digital Entrepreneurship in Malta) prepares students for the dynamic and quickly changing business landscape online. With the onslaught of the pandemic companies have pivoted their business models to be competitive in a virtual market and we are preparing students to adapt to the trend. Students will become agile thinkers, with the tools and scope to take their business activities to a whole new level in this a new digital age.
With innovation and sustainability key to success in business today, students will learn about what it takes to design, create and implement a digital business in an era where social and economic issues will impact business trends online. From the environment to security to exploring the global markets by their region, students will explore how business is operated across the globe and what improvements in technology will impact their ability to grow.
While communication online will be a skill one must master to be successful, other areas of focus will include digital marketing, online finance, automation, analytics and web based design to name a few. Graduates from our Business Bachelor with Digital Entrepreneurship in Malta will be highly effective professionals able to traverse borders engaging in their business activities unlike ever before.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Fully Accredited by ASIC
Approved by Ofsted and an Affiliate of ENQA
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Listed as One of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
AIDAN MCKEVITT, USA
"The degree I earned from GBSB Global was influential in helping me strategically plan and launch my second business. GBSB Global gave me the confidence I needed to talk to my lawyers, accountants and the rest of my team and speak in a language that was applicable in the environment and that they understood. Attending classes at GBSB Global gave me a higher level of international experience even more so than what I had already attained opening my first marketing firm. Studying alongside a multicultural peer group gave me a boost in conviction, assuring me I could grow my companies internationally."
An official and recognized European undegraduate business qualification with Digital Entrepreneurship (EQF Level 6)
Multinational faculty with highly regarded entrepreneurship experience
Professional speakers and workshops delivered by successful entrepreneurs and business owner
Student body representing more than 100 nationalities
Our Business Bachelor with Digital Entrepreneurship in Malta was created to satisfy a worldwide trend, a by product of a global shift in the way in which business is conducted today. Students will foster innovative solutions to modern problems and think with a forward focus on influences shaping buyers’ behaviors online. Students will graduate with the skills needed to lead teams remotely, the capacity to launch their own business activities or restructure a brick and mortar establishment and reconfigure their operations to meet the new paradigm of business today. Our diverse faculty of incredibly successful entrepreneurs will share industry experience and will direct students’ focus on cross-border collaboration, remote communication, and how to think creatively at distance, taking complex ideas and implementing them virtually.
BACHELOR IN DIGITAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN MALTA
DIGITAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP (45 ECTS)
- Valuating and Fundraising a Digital Start-up (7 ECTS)
- E-Commerce Development (7 ECTS)
- Knowledge Management and Learning Organizations (4 ECTS)
- Talent Management in the Digital Era (4 ECTS)
- Design Thinking and Agile Methodology for Innovation (4 ECTS)
- Social Entrepreneurship (4 ECTS)
- Dissertation in the area of Digital Entrepreneurship (15 ECTS)
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Understands professional theoretical and practical knowledge related to business administration, including both broad knowledge in the field of business administration and a considerable degree of specialized managerial knowledge in digital innovation;
- Possesses advanced professional knowledge of business administration and digital innovation in a specific industry or functional area chosen as an elective option in the undergraduate program;
- Critically understands approaches to promoting the culture of digital innovation within an organization by managing talent and knowledge and by incorporating the values of entrepreneurship, continuous learning and digital transformation into organizational strategic objectives;
- Understands managerial methods and digital technologies that are in demand in the complex and challenging global business environment, innovation in terms of methods and technologies used, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Demonstrates professional understanding of issues of digital business and how it can be interpreted with different theoretical approaches;
- Critically understands the principles included in the Agenda for Sustainable Development defined by UNESCO that are associated with social welfare, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
- Gathers and interprets relevant data on problems, obstacles and opportunities faced by international organizations to inform judgments that include reflection on relevant social, technological, scientific or ethical issues with the purpose to evaluate alternative approaches and strategies an organization may adopt to meet stakeholder needs and minimize risk within changing internal and external environments;
- Conducts research into business and digital innovation issues, which may relate to general business and innovation processes or to a specific business function or digital technology, which requires familiarity with a range of data, research sources and appropriate methodologies;
- Demonstrates innovative theoretical and practical responses to management of strategic, operational and transformational processes by which an organization plans and coordinates the use of resources and innovation efforts with the general objective of securing or maintaining competitive advantage;
- Works effectively as a member of a team, continually reflecting on the group process to evaluate the management of projects and people;
- Demonstrates innovation in managing intra-entrepreneurial processes and strategies to design a digital product or service by assessing the commercial viability of digital technologies and business opportunities and by planning, organizing, and executing a project or a new venture;
- Demonstrates mastery in using digital tools for business administration and innovation purposes in various media and different modes (autonomous, collaborative, exploratory, designing).
- Engages in critical thinking in the area of business administration and digital innovation and demonstrates independent thought and problem solving underpinned by evidenced based arguments;
- Manages complex professional activities efficiently and professionally to put managerial decisions into practice taking into account the organizational context together with different constraints;
- Demonstrates administrative design and resource in elaborating social, ethical, innovative and international approaches to complex management and digital business situations, and takes responsibility for their consequences;
- Shows creativity and initiative in developing digital transformation and digital intra-entrepreneurial projects by liaising and working with others to deliver high level of team performance;
- Has developed learning skills that are necessary to continue professional development in the area of business administration and digital innovation by critically evaluating personal strengths and weaknesses, keeping up to date with relevant management and digital business technologies, ideas and practices;
- Has developed proficiency and literacy in the use of digital technology needed to access learning opportunities and to pursue a managerial career in dynamic, innovative digital organizations.
With a Business Bachelor with Digital Entrepreneurship students have the proficiency to launch their own business and conduct all the essential tasks to successfully operate the company from its infancy.
From idea to establishment, GBSB Global prepares students for the challenges they will face in opening a business and provides the training and knowledge needed to adapt to the market and be successful in their business endeavors.
JOBS YOU CAN LAND WITH A BUSINESS BACHELOR WITH ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN MALTA
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
DIRECTOR OF SALES
CEO, FOUNDER, CO-FOUNDER
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
THE RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL VARY, BUT HERE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES OF CAREERS YOU MAY CONSIDER:
- Develop innovative ideas
- Inspire and direct teams
- Execute concepts and designs and bring them to fruition
- Create directives on how to bring these products/services to market
- Network and meet client on site or virtually
- Identify what problems and issues are impacting their business
- Propose creative solutions that businesses can implement
DIRECTOR OF SALES
- Follow up with business leads
- Manage accounts and foster relationships
- Represent a company and be the main point of contact
- Increase revenues and look for creative avenues not already explored
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Understand the business’ practices, procedures and concepts
- Create well-written reports and analysis of the field
- Offer insights and takeaways from the data accumulated
CEO, FOUNDER, CO-FOUNDER
- Identify a product or service that provides a solution to a problem
- Conduct thorough research and development
- Create a business plan
- Prospect potential investors and pitch the business idea
- Organize the establishment of the business from contractors who outfit the build to employees that need to be hired and trained
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Identify sales leads
- Pitch goods or services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts
- Follow up with new business opportunities and set up meetings
- Plan and prepare presentations
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Manages and coordinates product development projects
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
- Ensure all labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications
- Lead the research into strategic future business opportunities for a company
- Build out innovative capabilities and implement them into the corporate culture of the organization
ADMISSION AND FEES
Undergraduate target groups:
- “Aspiring Academic”: Typically, a recent High School graduate with a good academic profile. They are academically driven working their way through the educational steps that they are now attending undergraduate program as the next logical steps in their academic aspiration;
- “Career Starter”: This target group of students are predominately using this academic step to advance their specific career prospects and are extremely job oriented. They are focused on life after studying at GBSB Global and using studying at GBSB Global to reach their career position. Some of them will be working in family businesses or are interested to launch their own entrepreneurial venture;
- “Academic Wanderer”: Simply students attending GBSB Global, these students may not have a particular focus however they believe obtaining a degree will open doors for them. Additionally, if they come from abroad, they are interested in experiencing a different culture;
- Mature Students and Students with Non-Standard Qualifications: GBSB Global encourages applications from mature and non-standard applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent high school graduates;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Speak high level of English language.
To be qualified for admission to Business Bachelor with Digital Entrepreneurship in Malta, you must:
For entry to year 1 of the program students should have completed:
- A/S or A levels at the appropriate level or the Matriculation Certificate Exam with three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 34 points; or Mathematics at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL) and one programme related subject at minimum score of 4 (HL/SL);
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D;
- AP Program;
- Other high school leaving certificate or equivalent (other educational systems).
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL – Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/80 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS – Minimum score: 6.0;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – Minimum score: C;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
On Campus *
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee for One Academic Year (60 ECTS Credits)
* Fees remain the same for students completing their 3-year Bachelor studies fully on-campus, fully online, or transferring between the two campuses throughout the academic journey.
All tuition fees are the same for EU and non-EU students.
Tuition fees for visiting students: 165 EUR per 1 ECTS credit or 2,917 EUR per Quarter (20 ECTS credits).
Bachelor´s Program Duration: 9 Quarters = 3 Academic Years
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Payments are accepted online or by bank transfers (commission charges may apply).
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: