With busy work schedules, social lives, family, and overall stimulating lives driven by technology, it can be hard to find time to de-stress. Therefore, making stress a huge issue for society and our overall health.
Our GBSB Global Barcelona Campus students gave a workshop and explained why stress has become so normalized in our society and the consequences of not dealing with stress in a positive way.
During a presentation they gave examples of how stress can lead to cognitive distortions, and in worst case scenarios depressions and various different health illnesses and concerns.
They also provided 7 tips for stress management from the American Psychological Society:
- Understand where your stress is coming from
- Identify your stress sources
- Identify your stress signals & triggers
- Develop strategies for your stress
- Implement healthy stress management strategies
- Make self-care a priority
- Ask for support when needed
These are great tips and research provided by our students which we can incorporate in our everyday life.