GBSB Global is excited to announce that Spain is now allowing all Bachelor, Master and Doctorate graduates the opportunity to obtain a 12-month permit to stay in the country post graduation. This time is allocated to students who intend on searching for employment in Spain or are eager to open their own business.
The new legislation falls under the Seventeenth Additional Provision and provides graduates the authorization to stay in Spain with the purpose of adding value to the workforce or the economy through entrepreneurship activities or a business project.
This is what the new law states.
- Foreigners who have attained at least a level 6 education according to the European Qualifications Framework, corresponding to the degree accreditation, may stay in Spain for a maximum and non-extendable period of one year.
- It is important to note, that 60 days prior to finishing your studies and during the 90 calendar days following the date of which the student’s stay is valid, the student must make an electronic request for this residence authorization to the Delegation or Sub-delegation of the Government of the province in which he/she currently resides. This is meant to verify that the degree or certificate of education has been proccurred officially, that the individual has medical insurance and the sufficient monetary resources to support their stay. In order to affirm this last point, the applicant must present a statement detailing the means by which this is true.
- This extension request must be made in the indicated period, before the previous authorization to stay has expired. It is not guaranteed that approval to stay will be granted if the procedures are not followed as outlined.
- Authorization will be granted 20 days after the administrative paperwork has been filed and accepted.
- It is permissible for your family members to accompany you during this additional stay if they have already accompanied you during your studies. Their continued stay will be linked to the applicant’s primary authorization.
- If during this authorized period you are able to ascertain a suitable job in relation to the level of completed studies or have invested in a business project, you should then request the corresponding authorization among the regulations in the Organic Law 4/2000, of January 11, or in Law 14/2013, of September 27.
This is a wonderful opportunity for graduates who want to stay in Spain! With a wide array of international and domestic companies looking to hire educated candidates, there is great potential for career growth.
Want to start you own enterprise? Take the lead from our esteemed faculty and start early. This favorable circumstance provides students with ample time to lay a foundation and launch the business of your dreams.
Just another reason why studying at GBSB Global in Spain is an investment in your future, your experience and your prosperity!