Earning your Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Finance) in Malta (hereinafter - Master with Finance in Malta) will prepare students for the very exciting, fast paced business environment focused on economics, finance, and investments. With the predominance of globalization and increasing competition across borders due to the rise in eCommerce, advancements in technology and the onslaught of the pandemic, it is becoming ever more vital for top companies to economize and realize success in their business practices. Finance managers play a very important part of the equation. As a finance manager today, you will be supporting businesses in achieving sustainable benchmarks on many fronts.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with Finance in Malta focuses on finance, controlling, and accounting, providing an ideal foundation for careers in business, banking, investments, or consulting. Created to give a comprehensive understanding of banking and accounting, our Master with Finance in Malta looks at the different concepts, markets, and opportunities in the financial industry today. The curriculum incorporates core analytical courses, such as international macroeconomics, statistical analysis, accounting, and corporate finance. These modules provide students with the proficiency and know-how to launch a successful managerial career in finance.
This program also utilizes real-life case studies and research methods that will prepare students to meet industry demands. Balancing theory and practice, GBSB Global’s Management Master with Finance in Malta faculty are esteemed experts with professional experience and practical insights that are invaluable. An additional asset, students will develop their cultural intelligence and awareness in order to effectively work with different individuals across borders.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
One of the first business schools in Europe recognized as a Microsoft Showcase School
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
GBSB Global listed among the Best Business Schools by Forbes
Ivan Mannino, Italy
Currently a Policy Analyst at EMEIA Public Policy Team at EY in Brussels, Ivan Mannino chose to study for his Masters in Digital Finance because he was very keen to learn about the new disruptive technologies that are reshaping the world today. As a responsible member of human society and future global leader, Ivan feels compelled to understand the impact this digital transformation is having on financial markets, and to leverage this knowledge to make the world a better, more inclusive, and sustainable place.
GBSB Global classes have helped Ivan build a critical mindset and broaden his perspectives, having been influenced by his fellow peers and professors from across the globe.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in finance (EQF Level 7)
International professors with highly acclaimed business acumen
Invited speakers and workshops offered by successful professionals and business owners
Over 100 nationalities are represented by our student body
The Master with Finance in Malta program provides students with a deep understanding and solid knowledge of financial economics. Students will build a solid foundation of core financial topics, and will gain the ability to specialize with a variety of elective courses, including applied international financial management, asset management and alternative investments, global operations and more.
With the learning-by-doing approach, Master with Finance in Malta program offers numerous practical exercises, case studies, workshops with industry experts, company visits and guest speaker lectures, arming graduates with the necessary applied skills to take on real-life financial economic challenges on top of having a vast theoretical business acumen. GBSB Global’s close connections to the international business world open up excellent job perspectives for alumni in top financial positions upon graduation.
Finance for Management (8 ECTS)
Advanced Corporate Finance (6 ECTS)
Financial Reporting and Analysis (6 ECTS)
Economics and Geopolitics (6 ECTS)
Global Financial Markets and Instruments (6 ECTS)
International Banking, Insurance, and Financial Services (6 ECTS)
Asset Management and Alternative Investments (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
BE PREPARED FOR THE MANY CAREERS IN FINANCE:
Fine tune your analytical competencies and discover the rules and regulations in finance empowering and readying students to take on the career path of their choice.
BECOME HIGHLY MARKETABLE IN AN INDUSTRY TRANSFORMING TO MEET DIGITAL DEMAND:
Gain the tools and insight to stand out from your peers in a competitive sector that is highly sought after and richly rewarding. Join an international company or work for a private brokerage firm, the opportunities abound, and career stability is a constant.
ENTER A GROWING INDUSTRY:
Earn your Master with Finance in Malta and become a trusted advisor, financial consultant, or a specialist in financial protections and planning. Despite the trials of the modern generation and economic setbacks we face globally, the financial sector is continuing to expand in line with the advancements in technology.
EXPAND YOUR CV:
Foster a wide range of knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully work in numerous financial sectors. While studying for your Master with Finance in Malta, you’ll cover the rudimentary subjects in finance and go beyond this framework with specialized courses explicitly designed to meet the demands of the next generation.
GBSB Global’s Management Master with Finance in Malta program includes intensive coursework, a global outlook, and a concentrated commitment to ethical values.
In the GBSB Global Management Master with Finance in Malta program, students will establish a solid grounding in finance with an accelerated core curriculum, in addition to the flexibility of tailoring the learning experience to their career goals. Students gain the technical skills to create innovative solutions in all aspects of management and finance.
Here are a few examples of possible careers in Finance:
ACCOUNTANT OR AUDITOR
Accountants and Auditors examine financial statements for accuracy and conformance with laws, making sure data risks are evaluated to ensure organizations are operated efficiently.
A Credit Analyst is tasked with evaluating a loan applicant's ability to repay the loan and recommending that it be approved or denied.
Financial Analysts are responsible for financial planning, analysis, and forecasting future projections for companies and corporations to establish capital budgets.
Traders buy and sell securities in a variety of financial markets, either for themselves personally, on behalf of another or a business, by sourcing economic data and trends to predict the success or failure of securities.
Budget Analysts develop budget reports and examine spending for an organization.
Risk Specialists are financial managers that embrace specific training, skills, and experience to isolate possible risks that could result in a decreased cash flow and higher insurance rates for the business.
Investment Bankers serve as financial advisors to corporations and, in some cases, to governments, helping their customers raise money by issuing stocks, floating bonds, negotiating the acquisition of a company, or orchestrating the transfer of the company itself.
Financial Managers create financial reports, lead investment activities, and develop plans for the long-term financial goals and ultimately the health of their organization.
Careers You Can Achieve with a MIM with Finance
Want to get ahead in the finance industry? Study for your Master with Finance in Malta delivered with modern concerns and digital advancements at the core of its curriculum.
At GSBB Global, we use innovative technologies, advanced methodologies, and case studies to prepare students with the competencies needed to be competitive in this ever-expanding field. Through hands-on workshops, expert led talks, and networking opportunities students will gain an exceptional education that can feed into many facets of the finance industry with ease.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Master with Finance in Malta, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
4,880 EUR (Malta Residents: 3,300 EUR)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Minimum Advanced Tuition Payment
(Due at the time of program acceptance)
The remaining Tuition Fees are due the first Friday (Week 1) of the program
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: