HR professionals are key to developing, reinforcing, and changing the culture of an organization, while also being responsible for managing the foundational component of the company – its people. If you want to learn how to successfully gather, educate and motivate the desired dream team, apply for the Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Human Resources & Talent Development) (hereinafter – Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development).
Choose a career path that will continue to be in demand years from now. Considering the pivotal roles HR specialists play in navigating recruiting and onboarding team members remotely, providing managers, stakeholders, and investors with advice and support on newly introduced mandates, motivating teams through digital transformation processes and leading talent development through e-learning, these professionals are highly adaptive and must wear many hats.
Armed with these competencies and more, GBSB Global’s Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development graduates can expect to fill traditional and newly created roles within this field. Become an integral figure in maneuvering change and the unknown, and make others realize and seek their full potential. HR and Talent Development professionals are foundational to the success of an organization they work for, or businesses that they run, allowing for smooth transitions to novel realities, development of an all-inclusive, socially responsible corporate culture, giving continuous rise to the blooming talent, ensuring a healthy working environment, and ingraining strong values into a company’s DNA.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Listed as One of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
CHAMMA ABDOULLAH HASSAMBAY,
"Choosing to study online allowed me the ability to continue with my professional responsibilities. It was not always easy to manage, balancing both my work and studies , but it was worth the additional effort."
BUSHRA AL JARAYHI,
"Offering both an online and international learning experience, GBSB Global Business School really is an exceptional institution with a diverse student body. It provided flexibility and affordability all in one, which I greatly appreciated."
"I chose to study online because it gave be the ability to balance my work with my studies. Continuing to build my career, I was able to apply what I learned in class to the conversations I was having in the office. Influenced by my peers and professors from around the globe, I gained knowledge and insights that broadened my view."
"Studying online takes hard work and motivation, but with GBSB Global, it was different. With continuous support and assistance from our teachers and the school’s administration, it was relatively easy to balance everything and felt like we were getting an on-campus experience!"
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Human Resources & Talent Development (EQF Level 7)
Expert faculty with real-world success in their field
International speakers and professionally organized workshops presented by successful leaders and companies
100+ nationalities represented by our diverse student body
This Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development program will provide you with a broad knowledge and in-depth understanding of Human Relationship Management, including the modules that cover talent development, strategic HR management, digital HR tech and tools, strategic leadership, and multicultural team management. In these courses, Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development students will focus on cross-cultural negotiations, communication, collaboration, among other aptitudes needed to work alongside various demographic groups, remotely or onsite, catering to the latest trends in HR management today.
Effective Teamwork and Project Management (6 ECTS)
Talent Development and Management (6 ECTS)
Strategic Management and Analytics (8 ECTS)
Strategic Human Resource Management (6 ECTS)
Diversity Management and Global Workplace Inclusion (6 ECTS)
International Perspectives on Employee Relations (6 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Digital HR Tech and Tools (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
TALENT DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP:
Examine ways in which managers vet and discern top talent today. Learning to implement sustainable talent management systems that are innovative in providing holistic solutions to staffing needs. Foster leadership skills and be able to analyze different types of managerial styles, setting teams up for success.
HR ADMINISTRATION AND LABOR LAWs:
Learn to distinguish between Human Resources (HR) Law and Labor and Employment Laws, and how they correspond with one another. Gain an understanding of the regulatory policies companies need to follow in different parts of the world.
ADVANCEMENTS IN TECH IN HR:
Uncover new processes being utilized through social, mobile, analytical and cloud (SMAC) technologies to optimize processes. While studying for your Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development, learn how to implement new digital tools and platforms to manage workloads and promote more efficacy in the workplace.
HR STRATEGY AND MANAGEMENT:
Cover trends shaping the world of human resource management. During the Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development students will delve into the state-of-the-art processes being implemented today to resolves staffing issues, identify areas for improvement, and address long-term business activities and objectives.
INTERNATIONAL LABOR MARKETS:
Explore the integration of labor markets as a byproduct of globalization and the important role this plays in diminishing the the wage gap between employees in advanced and developing worlds. Look closer at how the rapid conception and realization of new technologies is involved.
A great human resources department is imperative to the success of any company. As most businesses continue to find ways to adapt their operations and resources in response to the recent pandemic outbreak, more and more skilled experts are sought by the Human Resources departments to lead further innovative changes, so crucial for the entrepreneurial success of tomorrow.
Taught by professors with tangible HR experience, Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development students will also be expected to participate in numerous online seminars with HR experts from various large companies, career coaches and more. This network of professionals provides incredible insights into the real-world, helping students navigate their careers and setting them on a path to address challenges with ease.
Below are some examples of possible professions you can go into with the Online Master with Human Resources & Talent Development:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS MANAGER
A Compensation and Benefits Manager’s responsibility is to ensure fair and accurate compensation, including regularly paid salaries, bonuses, stock options, pensions, and any additional types of employee benefits. Other benefits may include wellness offerings, medical insurances, and a company car.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Training and Development Specialists develop, organize, execute, and evaluate training programs. They are tasked with creating teaching materials. Training may include fostering a proficiency in computer applications, phone systems, product assembly, policies and procedures, and inventory planning.
EMPLOYMENT, RECRUITMENT, & PLACEMENT SPECIALIST
Employment, Recruitment, and Placement Specialists oversee what their title infers—recruiting and assigning workers to certain positions. Recruitment Specialists do travel. To engage the right employee, these professionals will attend job fairs and tour college campuses looking for promising candidates and will nurture relationships in the community.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Human Resources Managers plan, coordinate, and supervise the administrative operations of an organization. They direct the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes, confer with top executives on strategic planning, and serve as the intermediary between an organization's management and its employees.
EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS MANAGER
An Employee and Labor Relations Manager is focused on preventing and resolving problems concerning employees which evolve out of or affect work outcomes. In addition, Employee and Labor Relations Managers recognize employees for service to the organization and provides assistance and resources for professional growth.
WORKFORCE PLANNING SPECIALIST
A Workforce Planning Specialist helps organizations balance staffing levels with the volume of work being produced and the forecasted demand. They collect administrative data and generate reports on work volume and projected staffing requirements.
An HR Consultant conducts research to identify a problematic situation or to find the cause to an issue. This professional provides guidance and recommendations to HR personnel for the resolution of daily issues.
Job Recruiters are fundamental to safeguarding that a company has the right amount employees, resources, and quality of staffing needed to achieve its goals. An HR Recruiter works with department managers to help them fill new or vacant positions with candidates that fit their requirements.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Human Resources and Talent Development, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: