Today blockchain technology has greater potential to transform business operating models than ever before. Whether working in a large organization, pursuing a new venture, or planning a career change, GBSB Global’s Online Master of Science (MSc) in Management (Blockchain Management) (hereinafter – Online Master with Blockchain Management) is designed to help students understand how cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology are driving innovation and provide a competitive advantage for companies in a variety of industries across the globe. Global economic and social systems have been forever altered by blockchain distributed ledger technology and the need for effective management is imperative.
Studying for an Online Master with Blockchain Management will broaden students' knowledge of global supply chains, financial trades (including cryptocurrencies, Token economy and ICOs), asset ledgers, legal regulations (smart contracts), virtual security (cybersecurity), and decentralized networking. By fostering an understanding of the fundamentals of blockchain technology, market landscape and how it is used, Online Master with Blockchain Management students will have the tools and frameworks to build business strategies in sustainable, inclusive ways.
RANKINGS, ACCREDITATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Awarded as a Five Stars Business School for Internationalization and Diversity
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority
Listed as One of the Leaders in Global Education by Newsweek Magazine
Ivan Mannino, Italy
“Studying online was a great decision that allowed me to manage my studies while continuing to work in Brussels. Working in finance, supporting the EU institutions, all of my courses were very complimentary, giving me a practical edge where I was able to test the newly acquired knowledge in my professional affairs. For example, my FinTech course covered the fundamentals of new technologies, such as AI, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and I incorporated this learning in the conversations I was having with my investors, stakeholders, and peers showing my advanced understanding of blockchain distributed ledger systems and how its impacting digital finance globally.
Although studying online and pursuing my professional career at the same time got intense at times, I felt the benefits outweighed the challenges. Stephen King once wrote, “What separates a talented individual from a successful one, is a lot of hard work.” And I couldn’t agree more. GBSB Global has helped me foster a critical, growth mindset and see the potential the financial industry has through advanced technologies, where I am excited to be a part of it. My classes broadened my outlook and have given me an education that has made me a competitive specialist in my field”.
European business school officially recognized for excellence in Blockchain Management (EQF Level 7)
International faculty with successful careers in business and IT
Engaging speakers and workshops offered by experts, CEOs, founders and business owners in the field
Student body embodying over 100 nationalities
"In my opinion, the curriculum is focused on providing students with an in-depth understanding of all aspects involved in the management of a blockchain project. From regular macroeconomics concepts to extensive Tokenomics ideas, stakeholder management, and portfolio management. During my studies, I joined two web3-based projects. First, an Ethereum-based project seeking to launch a community-led NFT marketplace for which we are gathering investors. Second - a consultancy firm based on web3 services such as smart contract auditing, on- & off-chain forensics, and analytics, but also marketing and fundraising. The knowledge I have gained at GBSB Global has definitely helped in practice."
The Online Master with Blockchain Management will make students feel empowered to analyze and communicate the challenges and opportunities associated with the use of blockchain technology in business. In addition, Online Master with Blockchain Management students will study the economic, technical, political, and environmental implications of blockchain strategy on markets and the future of this advanced technology.
The Online Master with Blockchain Management program uses business case studies that demonstrate the benefits, the drivers, the functionality, and characteristics of the problem being solved to provide real life examples to students of the technology’s influence. By graduation, Online Master with Blockchain Management students will be able to proficiently manage blockchain technologies and take the lead in this disruptive industry.
Tokenomics and Cryptocurrency Markets (6 ECTS)
Blockchain Technology and Platforms (6 ECTS)
Digital Transformation, Innovation and Technology (6 ECTS)
Business Intelligence in the Era of Big Data and AI (6 ECTS)
Blockchain and Crypto-Economy Regulation & Governance (6 ECTS)
Business Models and Entrepreneurship in Blockchain (6 ECTS)
Final Project (20 ECTS)
A Final Project (Capstone) is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and intellectual experience for Master students. Students take what they have learned throughout the course of their Master’s program and apply it to examine a specific idea/problem within their area of specialization. A Final Project involves the identification of an existing problem in a real-world setting and the application of learned skills and methods to develop a solution that addresses the problem directly. There are several options among which students can choose for developing their Final Project: either it may be geared toward research or may be more oriented toward problem-solving. Solutions offered by students are usually interactive and realistic, meaning they can be implemented and used either in professional life or in further research and study.
Please download the Course Outline below for full program details including module learning outcomes, learning hours, teaching, learning and assessment methods, grading system and pass rates.
- Has comprehensive specialised knowledge and understanding of how cultural, economic, political, and technological frameworks affect management practices and how they can be managed effectively;
- Identifies and evaluates theoretical approaches necessary for planning and decision-making in business. These include ideas that support the modelling and management of the decisions across the broad range of functional areas;
- Has relevant knowledge of organisations, and their role in pursuing sustainable business in the context in which they operate and how they are managed in compliance with codes of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Has a critical understanding of business continuity management including knowledge of possible risks and regulatory environment that can impact business operations;
- Has comprehensive knowledge about methods to manage innovation processes and digital technologies that are in demand, and implications of digital technologies for individuals and societies;
- Identifies and evaluates key issues related to administering the human elements when managing projects such as teamwork, communication, motivation, and diversity;
- Has a comprehensive and critical understanding of the principal current research issues in management as well as in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest;
- Possesses multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge of management in a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest.
- Performs critical evaluation and analysis of business environment and of the main concepts, structures and approaches of strategic business management with incomplete or limited information;
- Demonstrates capability in using specialised skills to make decisions and create global strategies in different business operations, digital transformation, and finance in order to adopt to fast-changing business environment;
- Demonstrates leadership skills necessary to empower, inspire and manage teams, innovation and creative problem-solving while managing a business;
- Develops new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques in the domain of business management including digital skills and use of modern technologies;
- Develops an ability to identify and assess risks relating to the business, digital and financial environment and to design strategies to mitigate specific managerial risks;
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate business regulations and formulates practical responses to the legal and external environment challenges associated with operating a business;
- Demonstrate capability in using data referring to business analytics to better forecast and execute business strategies and operations;
- Demonstrates capability in using knowledge and skills of management to conduct research within a specific industry or functional area of a personal professional interest, taking into account the need for synthesis, setting objectives, methodological process and application of strategies;
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of management that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to execution of the managerial function.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to the main political, economic, social, and technological variables and to formulate the priorities and strategies necessary for an organisation to succeed considering the global outlook and trends;
- Manages business projects by establishing a global vision that incorporates every facet of business development and constructs innovation and cultural diversity as an advantage in business contexts that are complex and unpredictable and require new strategic approaches;
- Is accountable for managing people and practicing management with commitment to democratic values and sustainability adopting the practices based on learning, service and social inclusion;
- Demonstrates autonomy in the direction of personal development and lifelong learning applicable to the business environment;
- Creates a research-based diagnosis to problems in management by integrating knowledge from new or interdisciplinary fields in management and makes judgements with incomplete or limited information;
- Engages in critical analysis in the area of management and demonstrates independent thought, evaluation and problem-solving underpinned by evidence-based arguments;
- Take responsibility for contributing to professional knowledge in management or a specific industry/functional area of a personal professional interest by identifying an existing business problem and by conducting original research.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Learn how blockchain technology is transforming the world’s economy and existing financial environments where cryptocurrency is starting to replace traditional monetary systems. From Peer to Peer (P2P) transactions to internal security blockchain make this technology of high interest to regular customers, financial service providers, and governments alike.
REGULATION & GOVERNANCE IN BLOCKCHAIN:
Learn how companies and governing bodies are managing the roll out of cryptocurrencies on a micro and macro level with different systems for managing and executing changes to cryptocurrency blockchains.
TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS & BIG DATA:
Understand the trends shaping the industry. Blockchain-generated Big Data is the next generation of secure data storage that is nearly unbreachable. Find out how this is possible and how companies and governments are embracing this advanced technology.
BUSINESS MODELS & FREE ENTERPRISE IN BLOCKCHAIN:
Explore the interworkings of blockchain from a business perspective. Understand both its volatility and security. Discover how blockchain is disrupting markets and changing the way the consumer makes transactions and creates value in the market.
BLOCKCHAIN STRATEGIES & OPERATIONS:
Learn how a decentralized distributed digital ledger works and what makes it unique. Evaluate its economic applications and transformative potential. Develop an effective digital strategy to transform your organization’s operations and impact competition.
LEARNING METHODOLOGIES & DESIGN THINKING:
The Online Master with Blockchain Management professors use the latest learning tools, technologies, case studies and methodologies to foster an applicable learning environment that readies students for the real world. Enhance your creative potential whilst building a growth mindset, learn to drive innovation and create competitive advantage as you adapt to challenging situations and take a proactive approach in finding solutions to real-life blockchain application projects.
By earning your Online Master with Blockchain Management degree in the rapidly growing and revolutionary field of blockchain distributed ledger technology, you station yourself as a trained specialist ready to enter various industry sectors interested in developing, implementing, and managing blockchain technology to expand their commercial practices through cryptocurrency, decentralized cloud storage, cybersecurity, smart contracts, and more.
This technological infrastructure provides transparency and trust to all invested parties in business relations, allowing for quicker, less expensive, and more efficient transactions of all types, from banking to healthcare. Check out the numerous career options you could choose from:
BLOCKCHAIN PROJECT MANAGER
A Blockchain Project Manager is accountable for an enterprise’s blockchain database systems, cyber currency controls, and blockchain processing systems that form the basis of this platform. This responsibility includes processing security, cyber currency management systems, resource monitoring, and reporting, and the improvement of specialized programs.
A Cryptocurrency Analyst is responsible for analyzing and predicting trends, pricing, demand, and trading cryptocurrencies that are available. This may involve scrutinizing the cryptocurrency market in its entirety or analyzing specific currencies.
Blockchain Managers are at the helm of every decentralized ledger project and act as a link between developers and clients. The Blockchain Manager is accountable making sure developers are fully knowledgeable about a project's goal and guarantee the customer's expectations are satisfied.
Compliance Specialists provide assurance that their operations conform with local and international laws, regulations, and policies. They are responsible for monitoring and documenting compliance activities, counseling leadership and management on compliance issues, and communicating with government agencies.
These professionals defend company hardware, software, and networks from cybercriminals. The analyst's principal role is to understand a company’s IT infrastructure fully, monitor it, and calculate threats that could potentially breach the network.
A Data Specialist is an individual who collects information, electronically documents it, converts it accurately into a suitable format and presents these findings with business stakeholders. They assume a broad range of technical skills to effectively extract, process, and analyze data.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION & INNOVATION MANAGER
Responsible for early identification of issues, the Digital Transformation and Innovation Manager determines potential resolutions, communicates the process, tracks, and resolves them in a timely manner.
SMART CONTRACTS MANAGER
This individual oversees a company’s smart contracts centralizing a company’s contracts into a single source of accountability and sheds light into the entire ecosystem of agreements.
ADMISSION AND FEES
The proposed graduate programme is aimed at applicants who are either:
- Recent graduates in business, social sciences, and other disciplines from all over the world with strong interest in management and who are looking for a study abroad and/or international experience in a highly diverse environment;
- Young professionals from all over the world with 2-5 years of experience who work in multinational companies or companies in the phase of international expansion or who wish to change their career focus and are interested to obtain academic knowledge in the area of management with an optional specialisation in a specific area or industry in order to advance their career growth;
- Mature students and students with non-standard qualifications who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have relevant skills and experience.
- Recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree at MQF/EQF Level 6 in a relevant field;
- International students interested in experiencing new cultures;
- Proficiency in the English language.
To be qualified for admission to Online Master with Blockchain Management, you must:
The entry profile should include one of the following:
- European three-year initial degree or a recognised equivalent at EQF/MQF Level 6 (180 ECTS minimum);
- A foreign undergraduate degree from outside the EHEA equivalent to EQF/MQF Level 6 and 180 ECTS minimum;
Alternative Entry Routes
Alternative entry routes are available for applicants who do not possess the standard entry qualifications but have certain appropriate skills and experience and subject knowledge. These are detailed in the IQA Manual of GBSB Global within the “Policies for Admission of Transfer Students and Recognition of Prior Learning”.
The Admissions Committee may consider applications from suitably qualified students currently attending other universities, applicants who have achieved a lower level award, or applicants seeking admission based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Proof of Proficiency in the English Language:
- English as a native language;
- TOEFL - Minimum score: 213 (computer based), 79/93 (internet based), or 550 (paper based);
- IELTS - Minimum score: 6.5;
- Cambridge ESOL, Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Minimum score: C1;
- English as the language of instruction during previous studies in the formal educational system;
- Internal English level testing at GBSB Global.
Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
Registration Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Administrative Fee (Paid Annually for Every Academic Year of the Program)
Tuition Fee per Quarter (30 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee per Academic Credit (1 ECTS credit)
Master's Program Duration: 3 Quarters = 1 Academic Year
A discount may be applied if the student choses to pay
the full amount at the time of program acceptance.
If payments are not paid by the deadlines, a penalty fee of 5% of the remaining tuition amount will be charged.
Program fees do not include accommodation, flights, insurance or program materials.
Students who wish to participate in Global Study Trips may do so by paying additional fees.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
WE STRIVE TO MEET AND EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND ARE HERE TO HELP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ONE OF OUR ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES: