The Master degree in Operations and Supply Chain Management is designed to provide you with a fundamental understanding of company supply chain from a global perspective, with a focus on the leveraging effects of the operations and supply chain management on organizational performance. The program will prepare managers who will be able to work in Europe, Asia, Latin America and other regions and help their companies build a competitive edge based on high levels of technical and managerial competence.
The Masters Operations Management and Supply Chain Management degree courses aim for a high level of integration between management techniques and the technologies that they control, with emphasis on the strategic decision-making and international supply chain management across borders. The curriculum covers such topics as global supply chain design and management, global project management, quality management, and financial management. Students who chose Masters in Operations and Supply Chain Management degree are often pursuing management or consulting positions in Europe and around the world in supply chain management, operations management, manufacturing, purchasing, or related fields.
With Masters Operations and Supply Chain Management degree you learn how to develop, plan and operate a business in Europe and worldwide, manage its sections, supply chains, and take strategic operational decisions. The degree aims to provide a theoretical and practical explanation of the factors that are necessary for effective operations and supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets.
MSc - Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management awarded by Global Business School Barcelona
Intakes: October, January and April
Full-time program: Monday to Friday - Depending on the intake, the program may last between 9 and 12 months
Intakes 2017: Maximum of 30 students per class
Instruction Language: English. If your English level is not sufficient, you can join the intensive English language preparation course in Oxford House prior to your Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management degree program
Language learning: All MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management students can take a yearlong Spanish course through the MSc program. You can join the beginners, intermediate or advanced group depending on your current knowledge
Location: In the heart of Barcelona, Eixample District, Barcelona
Global Study Trips (optional): Held by GBSB throughout the academic year
Professional internship (optional): 3 to 6 months worldwide
Admissions requirements: MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management programs are primarily intended for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Economics.
However, students with other academic backgrounds or significant work experience, proficiency in English are still welcome to apply to these programs
Application deadline: Due to the modular format, applications to the Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management are accepted all year round, however, because we have a student-centered learning approach, the number of seats per intake is limited. We recommend to apply in advance
MSc - Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management degree program from Global Business School in Barcelona consists of 60 ECTS. A Master student must complete three quarters of full-time studies. During each quarter a student is required to complete 20-25 academic credits. For detailed course requirements, please refer to the outline of the MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management curriculum.
The Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management is structured around four blocks of supply chain management and managerial competencies courses that provide students with a comprehensive business education in core global marketing concepts.
- Understanding the Global Business Environment: Globalization infers the cross-border movement of goods and the emergence of global competitors and opportunities across competing supply chains within an industry. In these courses students learn about the complexities of cross-border operations that are greater than in a single country and develop the ability to compete in the global environment.
- Core Courses in Global Operations and Supply Chain Management: The core courses in this program will provide students with a solid foundation for decision-making in Operations and Supply Chain Management, essential to the future career in this management area.
- Managerial Competencies for Global Leaders: The successful management of future challenges requires future business leaders to not only possess high professional qualifications but also a certain personality traits. The courses provide instructions on presentation techniques, ethics, leadership, and international negotiation techniques.
- Elective Courses: The students can personalize their Masters Operations and Supply Chain Management degree with electives which will provide an opportunity for each student to explore areas of interest that are not included in the core operations and supply chain management curriculum. Students can study the geographic markets of interest by participating in our global regions courses which represent the application of a common set of strategic management principles across most world markets: Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, Russia and CIS.
How Will This Degree Benefit You?
Career Impact: Looking beyond the nearest future, a masters degree from an international business school is a long-term investment. With Master’s degree in Operations and Supply Chain Management you will emerge with the specialist knowledge and skills that companies in Spain, in Europe and around the world increasingly need to improve their operations and supply chain performance. You will be equipped to become one of the operations and supply chain strategists of the future.
International Focus: Of particular benefit to students and their future employers is the strong international focus of our Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management degree program. This comes not only from the global-conscious course offerings, but from interaction with fellow students. Students come not only from Barcelona, Spain or Europe, but from most regions of the world.
Gaining a Global Perspective: All courses offered on our Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management program include global business perspective. You will learn how to identify, analyze, and practice the best ways to manage when faced with economic, political and cultural differences across Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and other regions of the world.
Study in Barcelona: Over the last decade the Mediterranean city of Barcelona has fully utilized its potential as the gateway between Spain and the rest of Western Europe. Considered the fifth-best city in Europe for business, it gathers 50 percent of the Japanese, French, German, Italian, US, and Dutch companies based in Spain.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding our MSc Operations and Supply Chain Management degree program, please do not hesitate to contact one of our educational advisers.
Prospective students, wishing to participate in the Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management degree program, please apply online.
To be qualified for admission to the Master in Operations and Supply Chain Management Degree Program, you must:
- Have earned a Bachelor degree or equivalent, or higher
- Provide a proof of English language proficiency
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit all required documents
See Application Guidelines - Master for more details.